510 Battery Not Making Connection?

I've got this Joye 510 battery that's only about a month old. I have a lot of batteries, and rotate through them so it hasn't gotten used too much, but I know it worked for a while. Now when I screw on an atty and push the button the LED lights up but the atty does not heat up. I've tested with multiple attys so apparently it's the battery.

One thing I notice is that when I screw on an atty it doesn't seem to ever hit that point where there's more friction in the screwing process, right before it's fully screwed on. Most if not all of my other 510 equipment does this where it screws on loosely until the last ~1/8 of a turn where it start getting significant friction before it can't be screwed on any tighter. But I don't feel that with this battery. It simply hits the no-tighter point without gaining any more friction at all. So it makes it seem like the part inside the battery that connects to the very bottom of the atty isn't tall enough to make good contact or something. Which is very strange considering the battery worked fine at first.

Perhaps all of that is just me pulling ideas out of my hat though. It could be simply a bad battery or maybe a mad connection inside. Still the LED works fine. Any thoughts anyone?

Edited by mmseng

I wish I could be more helpful since no one has answered yet, but it sounds like something may have malfunctioned inside the battery. If no atty is heating up with the battery, then it sure seems defunct. I dropped a fairly new eGo battery and it went totally dead. It was under warranty so I was able to get a replacement, but if you've been using a 510 battery for a month, it's highly unlikely you'll be able to get a replacement. Sorry...

check with the place you bought it and see if you can swap it.

all else fails...

sounds like the center contact (vout) is to low.

you could place a small piece of metal on the terminal and solder it into place.. should make it a little smaller than the post.

could even look into rare earth magnent.

The battery connecter has a rubber bushing that holds the center contact in place .Try to see if you can find a way to wiggle it back out .I have never really looked at a 510 battery but some of my 801's have a hole you can isert a metal pin in and use it to wiggle the fitting up.Some times you just have to give up and throw it away for the price we pay for this stuff its a wonder any of it works.I mean the Chinese have to but the materials ,and tooling and pay labor ,make a little money ,then there is shipping and the supplier mkes a little money,and might even be a wholesaler in the chain making a little.