Dse 901?

BeachBum

My wife and I currently use the DSE 901 with various flavors. I am currently using primarily 36mg juice and like Menthol, Strawberry, Lemon, Chocolate, Banana, Coffee, Grape and Mango. My wife seems to like the Menthol, and Strawberry so far. She tried the Mango, but I have kind of limited that because it is 18mg and I don't want her to do the nicotine unless she wants to later on. (she has never been a smoker) I have 4 DSE 901's with 4 chargers and 8 Atty's and I seem to get decent vapor from them. I like it because it is the same size and basic shape as a 120mm Analog and is easy to carry around and does not look too silly.

My question is this. Am I missing out by not using a different type of e-cig. I tried the mini at 1st and found it was OK, but I got a lot of juice in my mouth and it really didn't give me that much vapor.

I am open to trying other types, but I don't want something that is too big and bulky and looks like some sort of weird robotic machine. I just don't think I would be apt to use it. I have seen the ones where the atty and cartridge are sort of normal and the battery is huge and three times the size of a normal analog and I have no interest in those even if they give out great vapor.

Does anyone have any suggestions on a better alternative and how they might compare to the DSE 901, and are these alternatives affordable?

I would take a walk on the wild side and try a different atomizer. The most popular atomizer is the 510. The 510 produces really good vapor with a good throat hit. The cheapest way for you to try the 510 atomizer would be to get a 901 to 510 battery adapter. It looks like Word Up carries them. If it is a kit you are looking for the 510 setup is small and will fit in a pocket. The kits usually has 2 batteries, 2 atomizers, charger, carts and is reasonable in price. The only downside to the 510 is the battery life is a bit short. I don't own a 901 battery, so I can not comment on the battery life between the two. If you go the adapter route, you might also want to pick up some 510 cartomizers. They are a really easy to use and very convenient. Much nicer to use than the cartridges that come with atomizers.

What I would really recommend is the Ego. The battery life is outstanding and it uses the 510 atomizer. The Ego is much smaller than what it might appear in pictures. Before I bought one, I thought it was going to be some chunky piece of hardware. I was amazed at how small it was. It fits in the palm of your hand and will fit nicely in a pocket.

I hope this helps.

Edited by BirdDog

Thanks Birddog,

The supplier I currently use carries the 510 and the Ego and the starter kit for the 510 is only $40.00 (less than a carton of cigarettes). Battery life is not my biggest concern as I keep a charger at home and at work. I find the DSE 901 lasts between 2 and 4 hours depending on how much I am vaping, and with 2 vailable, I can always have one up and running. I may just have to give the Joye 501 or the Ego a try.

We had (and still have one DSE 901). We had 3 batteries between the two of us till one broke and my husband lost the other one. We were actually quite happy with it but I never did get the adaptor to use the 510 cartomizers (which we really wanted). Upshot is, I got the eGo kit from Wordup and it is fantastic. Doesn't look like a cigarette like the 901 does and it is heavier. But the vape and the cartomizers are great. Battery life...we got the eGo on Sat. charged them up and haven't put them back on the charger yet. It is now Monday. So 1 full charge 48 hours and still going. And in that time only filled each cartomizer twice. SWEEET!

BTW check the post by Jeffery from Wordup. They are having a 15% off everything sale. The Janty eGo we got from them was $20.00 off to begin with (they are discontinuing the Janty logo and having Joye make an eGo with their logo). So with another 15% off of that and anything else you order it sounds like a good deal to me. Only thing is it won't ship until next week as they are moving to bigger offices this week.

I just purchased the Joye 501 from my supplier. I looked at word up, but the prices were kind of high compared to my supplier and I want to try the 510 before I go to the bigger bulkier Ego. I am also buying my 1st pass through. I am not sure how this works, but I have heard that it provides much better vapor and a better throat hit than a regular battery. I got the Joye 510 with 2 batteries, 4 attys, 10 cartridges, 2 wall chargers with a car charger attatchment, a pass through and a portable charging box plus 2 15ml bottles of 36mg juice. The price was a little higher than I am used to at $117.00, but I am hoping that:

1. Having something new will expand my interest in getting off of analogs completely (I only had 2 yesterday) We all like new toys to play with right?

2. The 510 will provide more vapor and a little better throat hit with the manual battery. When I try to take a long slow hit with the DSE901 the battery starts blinking before I am ready even when there is a fresh battery.

Heck, I used to smoke a carton of analogs a week at $50 per carton and if I even stay at the current pace, the savings in analogs alone will pay for what I bout in less than 3 weeks.

We had (and still have one DSE 901). We had 3 batteries between the two of us till one broke and my husband lost the other one. We were actually quite happy with it but I never did get the adaptor to use the 510 cartomizers (which we really wanted). Upshot is, I got the eGo kit from Wordup and it is fantastic. Doesn't look like a cigarette like the 901 does and it is heavier. But the vape and the cartomizers are great. Battery life...we got the eGo on Sat. charged them up and haven't put them back on the charger yet. It is now Monday. So 1 full charge 48 hours and still going. And in that time only filled each cartomizer twice. SWEEET!

I am going to try the 510 1st. My whole point is that I don't want something (at least yet) doesn't look or feel like a cigarette and is not so bulky. As it is I am thinking that the manual battery will be less like smoking and holding a cigarette and more like a joint which I haven't smoked in almost 30 years. Half of the addiction to cigarettes for me is the actions and I fear this will not replace those same actions in the way I hold it and smoke/vape it!