Smokers Cough?

Kilani

I quit analogs & started vaping about 2 months ago. After about the first week I noticed that my "smokers cough" had changed and I was at that time coughing up some of the crap I'd been putting into my lungs. Then it magically went away and I had no cough at all! This week I bought some e liquid and started refilling my own carts. Suddenly the (albeit) productive cough is back. Does the cough come & go for awhile? Am I perhaps just getting a cold? Could this return of the cough have anything to do with my new juice? I did buy what I thought was the same strength nicotine. Any thoughts out there?

Hi, well it could be all of those things or none of that :)! If you are vaping a higher strength nic that could produce a stronger TH and cause sensitivity. If your e-liquid is an all PG base, PG will tend to dry out your throat. It is recommended to drink lots of water when vaping. If you're refilling a cartridge with filler and it's not lined-up with the bridge/wick in the atty, fibers could be touching and burning as the atty heats up the juice. Also if the cart is not lined up, the plastic of the cart can melt at the top and that could cause some irritation from inhaling. Sometimes it could be the way you're inhaling, how the vapor hits the back of your throat. I hack from time to time, but it's mostly because my throat is dry. There is a veteran poster here named "snubber" who started a thread on I think it's called "Hacking a Lung" or "Anybody Hacking a Lung". Try a search, maybe it will help. Gluck!

Edited by Lily

Hi Lilani and welcome to the forum. I've been with out a analog for about 6 weeks and find that I cough still every now and then too. I had quit totally about 4 years ago and even after 6 months I was coughing up junk, so I am not too worried when I still do. The fact that I am breathing a whole lot better is a great sign and I am not even wanting a analog at all is what I am enjoying!

I saw a poster in a clinic once, that said it can take years for your lungs to fully heal from the damage. If you are only inhaling vapor, perhaps it is just your lungs pushing more crap out