Atomizers, Resistance, Etc?

asmcriminal

I don't get any of this, I know what the atomizer is, but i see people talking about "low resistance" 3.7volts. I see "510" being thrown around alot. I know there is a "joy 510" what does the 510 stand for?????

SO my questions:

1. How does resistance effect performance on a vaporizer?

2. How does voltage effect performance on a vaporizer?

3. What does 510 stand for, and what other type of numbers are there?

1.) lower the resistance the hotter the atty, used to simulate a 5v - life of a lr atty is shorted a lot by this.

2.) hotter, more vape, more throat hit.

3.) the battery threads/attomizer type, there are many the main ones 808/901 and 510

i do 5v only.

I don't get any of this, I know what the atomizer is, but i see people talking about "low resistance" 3.7volts. I see "510" being thrown around alot. I know there is a "joy 510" what does the 510 stand for?????

The 510 is the type of atomizer. There are many kinds, 510, 801, and 901 atomizers, etc. When people say Joye, DSE, and Boge those are the manufacturers. So, I use a Joye 510 atomizer on my eGo. Others may say they use a DSE510 atomizer on their eGo.

SO my questions:

1. How does resistance effect performance on a vaporizer?

2. How does voltage effect performance on a vaporizer?

3. What does 510 stand for, and what other type of numbers are there?

The lower the resistance the hotter the atomizer gets. People will use a LR atomizer to simulate a higher voltage vape. People may have a lot of 3.7 volt units like the eGo but want to experience a 5volt vape without buying other, more expensive units. They will purchase a LR atomizer. I currently use a Joye eGo and LR306 atomizer.

The numbers don't mean anything really, they only stand for the model number. Same as phones or cars; Nokia may name a phone the N76 and another the N82, for no specific reason except to differentiate them.

While some people find that LR atomizers burn out faster than normal atomizers, I generally get the same amount of time out of both.

Well, there are actually different types of LR atomizers. They are rated by ohms. For instance some suppliers sell 1.5ohm LR atomizers while others sell 1.7. It's personal preference really. I prefer 1.5ohm LR306 atomizers but 1.7-1.8 LR901 atomizers.

Well, there are actually different types of LR atomizers. They are rated by ohms. For instance some suppliers sell 1.5ohm LR atomizers while others sell 1.7. It's personal preference really. I prefer 1.5ohm LR306 atomizers but 1.7-1.8 LR901 atomizers.

By using a Mutimeter, where do I place the leads at on the atomizers to determined if LR or Reg?

Thanks for a reply:)

By using a Mutimeter, where do I place the leads at on the atomizers to determined if LR or Reg?

Thanks for a reply:)

Red lead touches the bottom of the atty (you can put it in the hole on the bottom), black lead touches the threads.