Tasty Vapor

Obsidiantalon

Greetings all!

Quick intro, as this is my first post! I'm 20, from Virginia, and tried my first "E-cig" sometime last year. I liked it, and smoked fewer analogs while the novelty was there, but after awhile I got bored with it.. I should mention that I only used the pre-filled cartridges with the NJoy "Npro" model.. A DSE801, I think? Well, I was in the local mall a few months ago and happened across the e-cig vendor (http://www.modernvaporcom) and decided to buy the starter kit. I knew it was an entry-level unit at best, but thought I'd give it a go. I vaped with the pre-filled carts again, but this time when I started getting bored, I went and bought a pack of blanks, and a bottle of liquid. I was blown away by the difference in flavor intensity, throat hit, quality of flavor, etc. I've been vaping (And not smoking) ever since.

The reason for this thread was to ask if anyone here has tried any of the "Tasty Vapor" flavors? I've tried a few, including: "Cherry Cola(with sweetener)", "Tastyfinger", "Root Beer Float", and "Geoff's Blend".. Also tried a few of the generics like Menthol, Watermelon, Red Bull, Caramel, etc... I haven't disliked any until today, when I tried the root beer float.. I bought a new atty, and filled a blank with the root beer float flavor.. Dripped a few drops onto the atty, and vaped tentatively, getting rid of the primer taste.. But once the primer flavor was gone, I was astounded by how horrible the flavor of the juice was! For those of you that like "nut brown ale" type beer/ale.. Imagine that flavor, but burned! So I cleaned the atty and dripped some Geoff's Blend onto it, thinking maybe it was a bad atty.. But that tasted fine... Anyone have any experience with the "Root Beer Float" flavor? Maybe I got a bad bottle. O.o

In addition, the Geoff's Blend that I mentioned has been my favorite of ANY that I've tried. It's an INTENSE flavor, with no added sweetener. Tastes like juicy fruit gum, with a bit of a cinnamon aftertaste. I highly recommend it.

Sorry for being so long winded! But to wrap things up, I'm awaiting the delivery of my first eGo kit... Can't wati! :)

Thanks in advance for any advice!

~David

Welcome to the Vapor Talk Forum! Also have had a similar experience to yours but not from Tasty Vapor. The flavor thing is really subjective and imo iffy. I tried a root beer I forget from where, but it gagged me. I too, am searching for a decent one. Please if you find it, let me know :)! Forget about caramel...that hasn't happened yet either! Oh, and congratulations on your purchase of an eGo! I think you're going to love it!

Edited by Lily

Welcome! You'll love the eGo! I'm glad I got mine, that's for sure! I got a sample bottle of Caramel Cream from cloudsofvapor and I didn't think I'd even want to try it. Not really into caramel, or so I thought. I ended up loving it and just now vaped the last couple of drops. Going to get more soon! :)

Hey all, thanks for the replies! Got my eGo shortly after I posted the first one, and man were you guys right! Compared to the small "shidesho" or 901 or whatever it is I've been vaping with, this thing is a monster! 10x the vapor, 10x the flavor, 10x the TH... Crazy!

I still haven't brought myself to try the root beer float with it, as I'm afraid with more vapor, flavor, and throat hit, I might throw up... Anyone wanna trade me something for that flavor? ;) (Just kidding, wouldn't do that to anyone!)

And for those of you that haven't had a great experience with caramel, the one I got from Modern Vapor is actually decent. It doesn't have a strong flavor, but it's very mellow, maybe a kind of butterscotchy flavor to it.. But hey, I may have just gotten lucky and gotten a good bottle.

Any other recommendations for juices to try? (I know that's subject to opinion, so that's what I'm asking for! :)

Thanks again!

~David

I can't tell you how many people I know who gave up on vaping before ever getting past those dreaded starter kits and prefilled carts! Always the same story, it just didn't do it for them lol. They ask me why I keep vaping. I tell them because I wasn't a complete moron and stayed with my starter kit and prefilled carts :)

I'm glad you actually gave it a try! Btw, welcome to VT.

Edited by Jkimbo

Welcome to Vapor Talk and congrats on getting the eGo. Now you know what vaping is really all about!

I've had a lot of different liquids from Tasty Vapor, but never Root Beer Float. I think they do an excellent job on (most) of their flavors. Taste is such an individual thing. There may be someone who would trade with you just to try it out.

Thanks for all the "welcome"s! And I'd have to agree, the eGo has definitely changed my perspective on vaping. I'm still amazed by the complexity it brings out in even the simplest flavor. I've been mixing it up a bit with 2 flavors at a time dripped on the atty, just to see what I end up with, as it's worlds apart from the same mixture on the little "mall variety" atty.

As an aside, I just placed my first "bulk" order through MadVapes. Got 10 flavors, can't wait to start sampling them.. How long should I expect to get out of the atty that came with the eGo, just dripping directly, with no cartrige or cartomizer?

Thanks again!!