Terrible Taste In Joye Ego

Marleen

I've had my Ego for about 2 days now and I still am getting a horrible metallic taste out of it. It blew out the atty and direct dripped eliquid on it and I still am getting a horrible taste. I even put the spare atty on it and the same problem. I don't think I could have 2 bad attys! Other than the bad taste, it is working just fine! So what else can I do? It's so bad I actually have been using my Blu cigs instead. At least there's no bad taste!

Can someone please help me with this? What else can I try?

The metallic taste usually comes from not having enough eliquid in the atty. If you're dripping, I would try an extra drop or two, test, add another drop, etc. If that doesn't help, you can try running the atty under hot water (tap water) to rinse it out real good. Blow it out and turn it upside down on a paper towel and let it dry out over night. If they are both doing it, I would say it's probably because the atty isn't getting enought juice (hopefully that's all it is).

The metallic taste usually comes from not having enough eliquid in the atty. If you're dripping, I would try an extra drop or two, test, add another drop, etc. If that doesn't help, you can try running the atty under hot water (tap water) to rinse it out real good. Blow it out and turn it upside down on a paper towel and let it dry out over night. If they are both doing it, I would say it's probably because the atty isn't getting enought juice (hopefully that's all it is).

Brian,

Im going to try running it under hot water later - I'm pretty sure my cart was pretty full of the eliquid. There is nothing worse than flavor along with that taste. It's disgusting! I'll let you know if I have any luck. Thanks

I was having the same problem with one of mine. I just keep it very wet. Also i boiled it in water for about ten mins an that helped a lot. I usually 5 to 6 drips when real dry( after being cleaned) and 3 to 4 after that!!!

Some times carts do not do a good job at releasing the juice. That's why so many of us direct drip. You can have a full cart, but still not be getting juice to the atty.

If you take the cart off and push the button for a second you should not be able to see the coil turn red. If you see the coil turn red only after a second or two, there's not enough jucie in it the atty.

Anyhow, if you can't get rid of the taste, I would definatley contact the supplier.

Edited by Brian

I'm going to try the boiling method. Now should I boil my water first then remove from burner and drop the atty in or should I boil while the heat is still on? I know stupid question but I'm new to this.

I'm going to try the boiling method. Now should I boil my water first then remove from burner and drop the atty in or should I boil while the heat is still on? I know stupid question but I'm new to this.

The few times I've done it, I got the water boiling and then lower them in with a big spoon. You don't want to let them set on the bottom of the pot, keep them elevated.

The few times I've done it, I got the water boiling and then lower them in with a big spoon. You don't want to let them set on the bottom of the pot, keep them elevated.

Ok, so I just did it with the atty and letting it dry out. I put the other atty on and am now using that one. I don't really taste that flavor now being that I direct dripped on it and am now using the cart. NOW, it's a different problem.....I HATE the flavor I have also! It's the Ryan 4. YUCK! Nasty. (I didn't get it thru VT). I have other new flavors coming to me and can't wait until they get here. At least this problem is easily solved. I guess not every flavor agrees with everyone. I definitely won't be buying that one ever again! Thanks for all of your help on here. Everyone is so knowledgeable!

Well, at least you were able to taste the juice. ;)

Taste is very subjective, and there have only been a few juices that I REALLY like, and I've tried many. I've tried juices with excellent reviews and either gave them away or trashed them. You'll find something, it just may take you some time.

It has to be the cartos. What else could it be??? Unless you have some really really bad juice :)

I think I have some bad juice! Or I just hate the flavor - it's the RY4. I have other flavors coming - and they will be from VT from now on. My other flavor (that I don't like) is not from VT.

Well, at least you were able to taste the juice. ;)

Taste is very subjective, and there have only been a few juices that I REALLY like, and I've tried many. I've tried juices with excellent reviews and either gave them away or trashed them. You'll find something, it just may take you some time.

Oh yea. Lots of flavor from this liquid but I need to keep searching for something I really like then I won't be able to put my Ego down!

I think I have some bad juice! Or I just hate the flavor - it's the RY4. I have other flavors coming - and they will be from VT from now on. My other flavor (that I don't like) is not from VT.

They may have gone heavy on the caramel. I've had some caramel eliquids that just had an awful burnt taste.

Oh yea. Lots of flavor from this liquid but I need to keep searching for something I really like then I won't be able to put my Ego down!

i got that too with my ego and my new atty's that I just got too....now I just drip about 3 drops, 5 if I'm using my bigger atty's and do it every time....just a great taste and I KNOW now when my juice is low by that wonderful swampy taste...LOL...as for the juices, I too am trying 3 ml of different vendors and it is all personal preference, have fun with it....you'll find your sweet spot, I didn't like any of the tobacco flavors and find I LOVE LOVE LOVE just the flavors at 24 mg for now....some with 18 which aren't bad and I'll even mix a couple...right now it's cinnabomb with apple pie...yummy....can't seem to put my ego down now...even fell asleep with it the other night...LOL...wow....the joys of being able to vape anywhere now....hee hee...

Ok, so I just did it with the atty and letting it dry out. I put the other atty on and am now using that one. I don't really taste that flavor now being that I direct dripped on it and am now using the cart. NOW, it's a different problem.....I HATE the flavor I have also! It's the Ryan 4. YUCK! Nasty. (I didn't get it thru VT). I have other new flavors coming to me and can't wait until they get here. At least this problem is easily solved. I guess not every flavor agrees with everyone. I definitely won't be buying that one ever again! Thanks for all of your help on here. Everyone is so knowledgeable!

lol, yea RY4 is a love or hate flavor, more like a cigar then a cigarette imho.

lol, yea RY4 is a love or hate flavor, more like a cigar then a cigarette imho.

You hit the nail on the head right there......it's more like a "cigar" flavor. At least I know what I don't like. So in the meantime, being that I only have one bottle of liquid I have to go back to my Blu cigs until my new flavors arrive.

They may have gone heavy on the caramel. I've had some caramel eliquids that just had an awful burnt taste.

That could be! Maybe that's why I thought my Ego wasn't working right....it is the flavoring - like you said "that awful burnt taste".

It just goes to show you how different our taste buds are. RY4 is one of my favorites, I like the cigar-like flavor of it. I also love Clove too for similar reasons. I had some great Clove that even tingled the tip of my tongue just like the analog. Now here is what i do to give Marlb/USA a extra kick to get it a tab closer to a analog. I add a couple of drops of Clove to my marlb/usa mix in my carto. It produces a nice blend for me. I've also added a few drops of menthol to marlb/usa for a closer menthol tobacco taste. I been a menthol smoker for the past 20+ years, lately I prefer full tobacco flavor tho.

Marleen...I don't think your problem is the atty at all. If you have a bottle of ejuice try removing the filler from your cart, pop 5-6 directly onto the atty, and put the empty cart back on. This is called direct dripping. If you get that burnt taste again(or after every 4-10 hits depending on how thick your juice is) just pop on 3 more drops of juice and you are good to go. I might also recommend removing the wick/bridge from your atomizer.

This how ever is something I would only recommend doing if you have an atty to spare. I have never killed an atty doing this but the first time it's a little bit tough. Try searching youtube for the videos removing the wick and removing the bridge by phee. Very very helpful for getting bad tastes out of atomizers but you will not be able to use carts on that atty after doing so. Sometimes if your atomizer is not getting enough juice the wicking material can burn on a dry coil and cause a really really foul taste. All you need is a pair of tweezers and some good lighting. It looks a little intimidating but after doing it once it will only take you about 30 seconds to pop it off.

If these attys are fresh then your problem should not be needing to clean it. I am almost 99% sure you are juice not getting enough juice onto the atomizer.

If you do not want to do all of the above and have your heart set on using carts just make sure they are very wet and try dripping 3-4 drops onto your atty before using a cart. This will help it get going.

I have never even used carts. As soon as I got my ego I started dripping and only use cartomizers when I feel don't feel like it(anytime I am not out). Try a few of these solutions before you go and boil your attys as you will not be able to use them for 12+ hours while they FULLY dry out(I have killed attys from not letting them fully dry).

Hope this helps!

oh and 200 POSTS!

Edited by bobthesalesclerk

That could be! Maybe that's why I thought my Ego wasn't working right....it is the flavoring - like you said "that awful burnt taste".

Yeah...RY4 is kind of meh to me. The Dulcis is delicious but unfortunately for me it's only in PG :(. Try a few of those recommendations I gave and you should be vaping like a champ with your ego...not to mention getting some awesome flavor :thumbsup:

Marleen...I don't think your problem is the atty at all. If you have a bottle of ejuice try removing the filler from your cart, pop 5-6 directly onto the atty, and put the empty cart back on. This is called direct dripping. If you get that burnt taste again(or after every 4-10 hits depending on how thick your juice is) just pop on 3 more drops of juice and you are good to go. I might also recommend removing the wick/bridge from your atomizer.

This how ever is something I would only recommend doing if you have an atty to spare. I have never killed an atty doing this but the first time it's a little bit tough. Try searching youtube for the videos removing the wick and removing the bridge by phee. Very very helpful for getting bad tastes out of atomizers but you will not be able to use carts on that atty after doing so. Sometimes if your atomizer is not getting enough juice the wicking material can burn on a dry coil and cause a really really foul taste. All you need is a pair of tweezers and some good lighting. It looks a little intimidating but after doing it once it will only take you about 30 seconds to pop it off.

If these attys are fresh then your problem should not be needing to clean it. I am almost 99% sure you are juice not getting enough juice onto the atomizer.

If you do not want to do all of the above and have your heart set on using carts just make sure they are very wet and try dripping 3-4 drops onto your atty before using a cart. This will help it get going.

I have never even used carts. As soon as I got my ego I started dripping and only use cartomizers when I feel don't feel like it(anytime I am not out). Try a few of these solutions before you go and boil your attys as you will not be able to use them for 12+ hours while they FULLY dry out(I have killed attys from not letting them fully dry).

Hope this helps!

oh and 200 POSTS!

I starting using the "dripping" method last night and this morning. Well, this pretty much cleared up my problem. Tastes sweeter and more flavorful doing it this way. I'm not a big fan of the current flavor I am using but at least it's working. I have the 18mg nic - think it may be a little too strong because it's buring the back of my throat! BUT I must say it didn't take me too long to wake up this morning! That was nice!

I starting using the "dripping" method last night and this morning. Well, this pretty much cleared up my problem. Tastes sweeter and more flavorful doing it this way. I'm not a big fan of the current flavor I am using but at least it's working. I have the 18mg nic - think it may be a little too strong because it's buring the back of my throat! BUT I must say it didn't take me too long to wake up this morning! That was nice!

if you are getting a burning feeling in the back of your throat maybe try switching to a VG based liquid. Also try lowering your nic level down to 12mg or so. The throat hit from vaping is way different than a cigarette. It's almost like having to re learn how to handle a hit, but once you get it you get used to it and actually start to enjoy it(the more throat hit the better IMO :) ). I couldn't really recommend my favorite juice to you because even though it's all VG, it packs WAY more of a throat hit than any PG juice I have ever tried(but in a good way...not the stingy throat hit PG gives me). But I would maybe recommend trying freedom smokes USA. I have a black cherry 100%vg 18mg juice and the throat hit is very subtle.

Sometimes it takes a long time to find that perfect juice. I got lucky and found mine on the second try(thanks Alien Visions :unworthy: ). Try picking out a few websites and finding 3-5 juices you think look interesting. Order 3ml-5ml samples of them and when you find a few you really really like order 30ml+ bottles. Also...if you like sweeter juices Vapor Galaxies all VG line is FANTASTIC. I need to review them soon.

Hope that helps

if you are getting a burning feeling in the back of your throat maybe try switching to a VG based liquid. Also try lowering your nic level down to 12mg or so. The throat hit from vaping is way different than a cigarette. It's almost like having to re learn how to handle a hit, but once you get it you get used to it and actually start to enjoy it(the more throat hit the better IMO :) ). I couldn't really recommend my favorite juice to you because even though it's all VG, it packs WAY more of a throat hit than any PG juice I have ever tried(but in a good way...not the stingy throat hit PG gives me). But I would maybe recommend trying freedom smokes USA. I have a black cherry 100%vg 18mg juice and the throat hit is very subtle.

Sometimes it takes a long time to find that perfect juice. I got lucky and found mine on the second try(thanks Alien Visions :unworthy: ). Try picking out a few websites and finding 3-5 juices you think look interesting. Order 3ml-5ml samples of them and when you find a few you really really like order 30ml+ bottles. Also...if you like sweeter juices Vapor Galaxies all VG line is FANTASTIC. I need to review them soon.

Hope that helps

Thanks Bob! You definitely are very helpful and know your stuff. I already found a couple that I really like. I find that I like the sweeter jjuices like the sweet dawn. I think I got it all figured out now. Also, I'm not even using the carts at all. Direct drip is definitely the way to go. I just carry a small bottle of liquid with me and it's much simpler than messing around with those carts. I find that I get more flavor this way too.

hey, marleen...

ego attys are famous for that "factory taste" but it often depends who the maufacturer is...

you've all ready primed the atty by dripping in it - but don't stop doing this...there's no reason the factory taste should remain after the 3rd session...

also what flavor are you using to prime it? i've found a good strong menthol will really do the trick to a new atty...