Hockey Season Is Coming Up!

The new arena is AMAZING. I just got back from the first game EVER to be played at the Consol Energy Center. Penguins won 5-1 against detroit. One of the most entertaining games I have ever seen. Words cannot describe how excited I am for this season. I cannot believe how amazing our new arena is. My tax money was well spent :)

post-3244-062242300 1285216604_thumb.jpg

post-3244-026930500 1285216611_thumb.jpg

post-3244-056068600 1285216653_thumb.jpg

post-3244-066275800 1285216680_thumb.jpg

post-3244-070629100 1285216709_thumb.jpg

post-3244-097833400 1285216922_thumb.jpg

post-3244-062242300 1285216604_thumb.jpg

post-3244-026930500 1285216611_thumb.jpg

post-3244-056068600 1285216653_thumb.jpg

post-3244-066275800 1285216680_thumb.jpg

post-3244-070629100 1285216709_thumb.jpg

post-3244-097833400 1285216922_thumb.jpg

Hey everyone. Ever heard of a team called the Blackhawks? And ummm, who took the 2010 Stanley Cup?? That's all i have to say.

Last years Stanley Cup was almost unwatchable for me. I hate Hossa, I hate the Flyers, I wanted to see the Flyers lose, I wanted to see Hossa lose. It was lose lose for me. I didn't even watch it.

Also remember that team 2 years ago...ummm called the Penguins...yeah. :)

Hey..you started the topic. If you can't stand the heat..stay out of the kitchen. :crybaby: You invited the feedback, then dis all who disagree with you. I agree..This topic should have been closed before it even started. Or you should have called it "Penguins fans meet here". I'm outta here. :closed:

Hey..you started the topic. If you can't stand the heat..stay out of the kitchen. :crybaby: You invited the feedback, then dis all who disagree with you. I agree..This topic should have been closed before it even started. Or you should have called it "Penguins fans meet here". I'm outta here. :closed:

It was friendly joking :)

I and other people I know from different cities always rip on each other about hockey/football teams from there said cities but at the end of the it's all just fun...unless you're talking about the flyers! :argue:

But really I didn't mean to sound angry or serious...I was just joking(kind of :) ). The people that actually fight over sports are morons, but there is nothing wrong with friendly city to city rivalry.

Edited by bobthesalesclerk

Hey bobthesalesclerk,

I know a little something about friendly rivalry. I am a die hard Packer fan married to a die hard Bears fan. Want to come to our house tonight? Yeah baby...Packers and Bears on Monday night football! One of the oldest rivalries in the NFL. My first marriage was to a 49er fan, during the Joe Montana years, and we lived in Northern California. A sister-in-law who was a Cowboy fan, mother-in-law and another sister-in-law...Raiders fans. Amazingly no blood was ever shed in those 10 years.

It is tough in forums and such other written forms of communication because you can't "hear" the joking attitude. I will admit I over-reacted. Hate is a strong word in my experience and has no place in "friendly" rivalries. As my husband and I tell each other "Don't be hating". Choose your words wisely and use different emoticons to convey your joking attitude :hrhr: and you won't get replies like my previous one. :yes

Hey bobthesalesclerk,

I know a little something about friendly rivalry. I am a die hard Packer fan married to a die hard Bears fan. Want to come to our house tonight? Yeah baby...Packers and Bears on Monday night football! One of the oldest rivalries in the NFL. My first marriage was to a 49er fan, during the Joe Montana years, and we lived in Northern California. A sister-in-law who was a Cowboy fan, mother-in-law and another sister-in-law...Raiders fans. Amazingly no blood was ever shed in those 10 years.

It is tough in forums and such other written forms of communication because you can't "hear" the joking attitude. I will admit I over-reacted. Hate is a strong word in my experience and has no place in "friendly" rivalries. As my husband and I tell each other "Don't be hating". Choose your words wisely and use different emoticons to convey your joking attitude :hrhr: and you won't get replies like my previous one. :yes

i used a :) ! lol

I actually don't mind the hawks...just Hossa. The Flyers on the other hand...ughhh. I have a lot of friends from Philly.

Here come the Hawks the mighty Blackhawks! Go Chicago! I mean we also have the Sox and the Cubs so throw us a bone here! Oh yeah, Bears win Monday night! Their training camp is here in my hometown, at my alma mater! I've worked the camp a few times, first aid. My daughter is a figure skating coach and she LOVES hockey, teaches the little ones up to stick handling. She goes to a lot of Timber wolves games, minor league. But still THE STANLEY CUP IS LIVING IN CHI-TOWN!

Here come the Hawks the mighty Blackhawks! Go Chicago! I mean we also have the Sox and the Cubs so throw us a bone here! Oh yeah, Bears win Monday night! Their training camp is here in my hometown, at my alma mater! I've worked the camp a few times, first aid. My daughter is a figure skating coach and she LOVES hockey, teaches the little ones up to stick handling. She goes to a lot of Timber wolves games, minor league. But still THE STANLEY CUP IS LIVING IN CHI-TOWN!

And it will be back where it belongs in the steel city momentarily :). Also I am in a band called Da Bears. We have a four song EP and all of the songs are either named The Fridge or Mike Ditka lol.

I am going to the home opener tomorrow. I cannot WAIT.

American Eagle does a thing called student rush where they set aside a certain number of tickets for each game for college students only. It's only $25 for a ticket. I haven't been able to find a single ticket to the pens home opener for under $300! I am going down at around 7AM tomorrow and waiting all day. I am really excited :)

At work they told us we could wear football jerseys, on the weekend, to support our favorite team. Okay, not a football fan, so I asked if I could wear my Red Wings sweater when hockey season started. That didn't go over very well. I do live in Avalanche country. :lol: