"my Stormtrooper Edition Battery Box Mod"

TK4261

I thought I would start a thread of my first mod. I'm going to use one of my Joye306 batteries since they don't last very long anyway and the 510 atomizer fits into them also. I went to my local electronics store and found the parts I needed: AA battery Box W/on-off Switch, Small push button and a nice Green 3mm LED in a low profile chrome bezel and the resistor the guy told me to use. All for only $5...I already had the Sticker :rolleyes:

I ordered 4 Protected Trustfire 14500 3.7V 900mAh batteries. and a charger from Lighthound so I could have it in a week instead of waiting longer from DX. But I will order batteries from DX next time I place my next Geek order from them. :blink:

Since I wont have my batteries until the end of the week I plan to take my time with this since I dont have much experience soldering.....I'm exellent at prop making but Suck at electronics. :wacko:

Here are some pics of the beginings of my project and I will post more with my progress.

Till next time,

Curtis :)

016-1.jpg

I cut the end of the battery off(1/2 inch) with my Dremel and noticed there was the outside casing then a ring of plastic that separates the middle from the outside....I am hoping that I could just solder the (+) to the middle and the (-) to the outside casing....It would be easier to secure the Atomizer connector if it is in its casing...there was nothing but a little round plate touching the middle and the other side looked like it was touching the POS+.

017-3.jpg

018.jpg

043.jpg

021.jpg

023-1.jpg

035.jpg

You should be able to find those boxes at places like radio shack as well. I know out here where I live the radio shacks have mulitple different types of casings like that. If they don't have them in your area then just do a google seach for them and I'm sure you can find some sort of sweet *** geek store that has them cheap as hell.

Oh, and TK can I see a picture of the whole thing completely finished from a few different angles? looks pretty cool so far man.

Edited by Sean

Oh, and TK can I see a picture of the whole thing completely finished from a few different angles? looks pretty cool so far man.

Radio Shack was out of the boxes but they do carry them. I found my parts at a place called R-Vac by my house.

I will definitely post step by step pics of my progress....pics are good ;)

Hey Everyone,

Here are some more progress pics of my Mod.

I now have everything ready to be soldered....

My batteries and Charger to get here by Saturday at the latest.

So far so good though, and it only took me about an hour to get this far.

Till next time...

005-1.jpg

008-1.jpg

009-1.jpg

010-2.jpg

012-1.jpg

013-1.jpg

005-2.jpg

Is it gonna use just one battery? If so, you should prolly try to inlay the atomizer screw part a lil more. It looks like you have plenty of room inside that case for it. And you could make it the same length, if not shorter, as the stick. :D Keep up the mods. Looks really good so far.

Is it gonna use just one battery? If so, you should prolly try to inlay the atomizer screw part a lil more. It looks like you have plenty of room inside that case for it. And you could make it the same length, if not shorter, as the stick. :D Keep up the mods. Looks really good so far.

Thanks!

Yes, I am going to use 1 TrustFire 14500 900mah rechargeable Li-Ion.

I was thinking about putting the connector further in....I haven't secured it yet with glue, but it fits really snug right now......not sure yet.....with the Joye306 atty and cart on it, it is shorter than the Stick.

Now my real Boss wants me to make him one also... B)

016.jpg

I wired it all up this morning.......Now just waiting on my batteries and charger to get here.

If this works good, the next one will look a lot nicer on the inside and out ;)

I'll let you all know how it turns out...

004-1.jpg

Hey 2 quick ?'s what is that resistor for and how are you getting power to the led couldn't figure it out? Your led should get a + and a - to it from the pic it looks like just the -

From what I can see of the circuit, the positive from battery is going to button, then atomizer positive. Then the negative is going to resistor(prolly 5v) then to LED positive, then LED negative is going back to battery negative. I'm not sure, but I dont think the LED will work :( . Im pretty sure u need to wire the positive from the button to the resistor and then to the LED, then negative from atomizer to LED negative, then back to the negative on the battery.

Edited by Genet1c

From what I can see of the circuit, the positive from battery is going to button, then atomizer positive. Then the negative is going to resistor(prolly 5v) then to LED positive, then LED negative is going back to battery negative. I'm not sure, but I dont think the LED will work :( . Im pretty sure u need to wire the positive from the button to the resistor and then to the LED, then negative from atomizer to LED negative, then back to the negative on the battery.

I wired my LED's in my blaster the same way and it works, but if when I get my batteries and it doesn't work I will wire it the way you described.

I'm going to use the TrustFire 14500 3.6v 900mah battery. Should get them tomorrow.....

I wired my LED's in my blaster the same way and it works, but if when I get my batteries and it doesn't work I will wire it the way you described.

I'm going to use the TrustFire 14500 3.6v 900mah battery. Should get them tomorrow.....

Looking good dude. Are u sure 3.6 volts is gonna be enough? My usb battery runs at 5v and it works great. Im not sure of the proper functioning voltage, but i do know that 5v works fine. Good luck, I cant wait to see how everything turns out :D Keep up the good work

Looking good dude. Are u sure 3.6 volts is gonna be enough? My usb battery runs at 5v and it works great. Im not sure of the proper functioning voltage, but i do know that 5v works fine. Good luck, I cant wait to see how everything turns out :D Keep up the good work

Normal operating voltage of an ecigg is 3.4~3.7 volts with a threashold of around 7.5 volts before you start destroying atomizers so yes 3.6 volts will work just fine.