Just A Thought

Do you think that if a different name had been put on E-Cigs from the beginning some of the connotaions we deal with would be less of an issue? The cig name was bound to bring them negative attention/associations and a lot of time is spent differentiating them from analogs. If a different name had been used from the start perhaps FDA notice and such wouldn't have been as strong. Just an early morning thought.

The problem is when they were first coming out you wanted smokers to identify with the products and now its too late, we don't want the rest of the world to identify them with cigarettes. the term PV (personal vaporizer) has been around for a while. I think PV sounds better anyway.

I think a different universal term would have helped us for a while, but in the end--somebody wants their cut.......

If you really think about it what were the people who invented the first e cig going to call it other than electronic cigarette because thats exactly what was invented a electrical device that looked like a real cig....idk maybe wrong but I think the first ones to hit the market in china looked like real cigs, you know, white battery and atty, tan cart and red LED with grey looking plastic ash on the end, idk did the penstyle come before this model? I remember seeing a youtube video I think from the fall of 07' in china and they were using a real cig looking one, for the question I also think in the end it dosen't matter anyway, THEY will always want money of off anything whether its saving lives or killing us.