Homemade Battery Mod

Genet1c

This was a LENMAR PowerPort mini portable charger and battery. Basically, a usb batter used to charge ipods and cell phones on the go via usb. I bought it at radioshack for $20 since all three of my batteries died. It takes about 1 and a half hours to charge, and will last 12+ hours. If u have the time and are good at soddering, this thing is totally worth it. I just ripped out the usb plug, took the battery pack apart, and soddered in a button. Works great, even better than my passthough. Any questions, feel free to ask.

I know it took a LONG time to post but its finally here. (I GOT A NEW CAMERA!!!)

The original(looks like crap)

dsc01067fpp.jpg

dsc01068n.jpg

New and improved(moved the button over, soddered a lot better, and sealed together with apoxy)

dsc01069frm.jpg

Button is now inlayed

dsc01072j.jpg

dsc01073w.jpg

dsc01070tjq.jpg

Quick little size comparison(excuse the looks of dse103 battery, its broken, and dented to hell)

dsc01074f.jpg

Edited by Genet1c

That thing is pretty damn cool man. If I may, I would just suggest that you sand down flush all the silicon or glue that you used to seal everything and then re-paint it so it looks clean. Although, I'm probly just saying that because I'm a perfectionist and have a mild case of OCD, so to me that's important, when for most people it probably doesn't matter whatsoever.

Oh, lol and who's John O.?

Edited by Sean

looks good, in the future please resize the pics you post to 640x480 as the board can take a long time to resize them for members with slower connections

Thanx, and sorry bout the size, i didnt realize how big they were gonna be when i was typing the post, thats why i did the thumbnails in my passthrough pics

That thing is pretty damn cool man. If I may, I would just suggest that you sand down flush all the silicon or glue that you used to seal everything and then re-paint it so it looks clean. Although, I'm probly just saying that because I'm a perfectionist and have a mild case of OCD, so to me that's important, when for most people it probably doesn't matter whatsoever.

Oh, lol and who's John O.?

Yeah, if u take a look at the first battery i made, (top 2 pics) it looks like total crap. Thats why i cleaned up the second one, but i was planning on painting it. Im the same way with making things perfect. Thats why I usually end up breaking them, but still, it doesnt stop me from wanting them to look good

Genetic -- it's great! Now, I would probably make it look all cool also, but I really like it funky like you have it. Garage e-cig. Whereas I would do something like covering it with wood-grain contact paper :)

kathy

I might have to steal that idea