Noob Here - Just Got The Micro No.7 - Not Happy

StOmPeR

I didn't do very much research at all, I was just in a hurry to try something to stop smoking. I've been having heart and bloodpressure problems, and I've only been smoking for 12 years. At any rate, I typed in e ciggcarett and the No. 7 website popped up first (ecigaretteschoice.com), which showed me they knew what meta tags were. So I bought a starter kit from them. $95 Picture Below:

order.jpg

Seemed like a good deal. However, once I got it, I qickly realized that the 16mg Nictine content level was wayy too high or something else was wrong. I hated the taste of the tobacco e juice they had and it was wayyy to strong! I told the lady on the phone I smoked Marlboro Lights so I'd like to have something equivalent, and she suggested that strength. So now I have a 30ML bottle of a tobacco taste I hate, with a strength that's way too strong from me. Also, I don't know if this is normal or not, but when I first started vaping on the no.7 e-cigarette, I got very light headed, and sick feeling, like I was about to pass out. I guess thats because I inhaled enough tobacco in 1 minute, that I would normally intake during the whole day. So I didn't like that, and even now, when I fein for a nicotine fix, I bring it out, take ONE drag, and I am good for 30 minutes to an hour.

I would like to know if yall can suggest to me a good e cigarette that has a good draw, close enough to the real thing, and a strength in mg that is similar to Marlboro Lights. obviously 16mg was wayy to high, or they use something strong as an additive in their eliquid. So now I am stuck with 4 prefilled cartridges and a almost full 30ML bottle of 16mg strength eliquid. Then to top that off, the charger broke after the first full battery charge. So I need to find a replacement today! If anyone wants this old stuff, I would be willing to sell it, or maybe even do some kind of trade. I've only been tobacco free since Thursday September 9th! And I can already tell a huge difference in my health and I am starting to smell again. I even had a smoker walk by me last night, and couldn't believe how bad he smelled, and wondered if (and hoped not) I ever smelled that bad! odds are I probably did.

I heard the YETI 510 was good. But I like the automatic draw funtion, and the imitation cigarette Boxes that act as a charger during the day, So I would definitely want a model that has one of those as an accessory. so let me get some suggestions plz!

Thanks Guys,

StOmPeR

the 510 is a good place to start for most people. personally, the automatics were a bit of a pain. liquid can get into the battery and cause damage. I don't know if they have improved at all or not.

The manual batteries seem a bit foreign at first--but very easy to get used to. I prefer being able to control my draw. overall the manual batteries seem to be much more durable. my automatic battery stopped working after the first week.

Many suppliers sell the 510's and the PCC (charging case).

Now, that being said--the ego/tornado is a bit bigger, but the battery life is significantly longer than the 510. a standard ego battery lasts me 8-10 hours, the 510 would last 1-2 hours.

The ego does use the 510 atomizers--great for throat hit and vapor production.

As far as liquids go, that is very subjective. I smoked Marlboro lights and I prefer 18 mg--strength of the liquid doesn't always correlate to what and how much you smoked.

couple options: you can buy a lower nicotine liquid and mix them to get a lower overall strength

use flavoring to improve the current liquid you have and lower the nic strength. DIY flavor shack or freedom smoke usa sell flavorings.

buy some plain PG or VG liquid (0) nicotine and use that to dilute the liquid you already have.

Thx for the advice about the liquid, i'll try that. But man, if 16mg is as strong as it is, I don't see how you could possibly stand the 18mg!!! wow!!

Anyway the Eliguid I have also leaves a REALLY nasty taste in the back of my mouth!!! I mean REALLY NASTY!!! hopefully, they don't all do that!

How much did you smoke a day when you were smoking? 1-2 hours doesn't seen long at all for any battery! Are you vaping more now than when you smoked or something?

Also, could you point me to a few reputable websites?

I smoked about 30+/day for about 30 years. I think it might actuallly be the liquid you have. sounds unpleasant. They really aren't usually unpleasant.

your best bet would be to try some 5 or 10ml sizes in different flavors. sometimes takes a bit to find the right flavors. I love the fruit flavors and a lot of the coffee flavors. flavor is very subjective.

I really like DIY Flavor shack, freedomsmokeusa, wordup-- I have had very good luck with all these suppliers. You can look at the suppliers list -- we have a great group of suppliers.

The 510's are more cigarette like, but the battery life is pretty sad. a brand new battery would last about 4 hours, but the time decreases quickly. The Ego is only a bit bigger and feel a bit heavier initially--but you get used to it very, very fast. Hit for hit--I am about the same as when I smoked. with vaping, I have it near me or in my hand all the time--but instead of stopping to smoke a cigarette, I just take a hit when the urge hits me. I'm not a particularily heavy vaper. 18 mg is actually kind of middle of the road.

you definately need to find a different flavor and maybe try 12mg.

Blu--NO !! I have heard lots of negative feed back on the blu. Just not enough power and service is ify. The volcano, I have heard a few good things, mostly don't know enough about it. The only problem would be limited replacement and would still have the same battery problems. the smaller, slimmer units will all have shorter battery life. the PCC (charging case) will help out--can always have one charging.

the 510 is a much more universal unit--can buy parts from any of the suppliers. most if not all carry 510 parts. Most also carry the charging case.

If you don't absolutely need something that looks like a cigarette--would hands down, look at the ego. I really love mine. I started with the 510, but love the ego.

Hi, welcome to the Vapor Talk Forum! It's great that you found us! I 'hear' your frustration with the first-time out-of-the-gate pv you purchased. I also recommend the Joye 510 to begin with, if it's very important for you to simulate analog smoking. I suggest you read up on it, here in the forum, and online. There is a ton of information. Taking the time to research pv's paid off for me. I now use the eGo which is really just a chubby 510. The longer battery life cannot be beat. Ahh, e-liquid. The suggestions here for diluting what you have are spot-on. I know from personal experience that it is difficult to vape a flavor that just doesn't taste like what you hoped for. If there is any way you can return your unit, and start over, that may end up helping you in the transition from analogs to vaping. I also thought it was amazing how quickly taste and smell returned for me. Hang in there. Things will work out with a little perseverance.

Hi StOmPeR,

I smoked Marlboro Lights for 20 years. I bought the Joye eGo and have been very happy with it. You can use 501 attys and carts with it. You won't be disappointed with the vapor output. I didn't think I'd be happy with the 501's short battery life, so I went with the eGo. The bigger size hasn't bothered me at all. I started with a 555 18mg tobacco flavor. Now I barely touch tobacco flavors unless I'm drinking. My nic level is usually 0 to 6mg. I don't miss the nicotine at all as long as I can vape.

Can you return that starter kit since it is so new? I hope so, because that is not what vaping is about at all. 16mg is not that much nic and I do think it is the other things in the liquid that are making it yucky.

If you must have one that feels like a real cigarette a 510 is the way to go, but you do have to charge them more often. If you are good with one that gives you nicotine but does not really feel like a cigarette then you could go with an Ego that gives you an all day battery life.

It matters on what is important to you.

You can always buy a 510 kit and then get an Ego battery so you have the best of both worlds. Please don't give up, you just got a bad deal first time around, so glad you found the forum.

I was also looking at BLU and Volcano. What do you think of those?

As far as I am concerned, the Blu is the biggest piece of garbage ever put into production. I immediately sent it back the next day. As far as I know, the Volcano is very similar to the Blu. Kitsune is giving you some good advice about the eGo. When I first started this, I wanted an automatic battery, an e-cig that looked like a cigarette and that oh so cool charging pack. I soon found out, I was looking for all of the wrong things. With the auto battery, there is a cut of during inhalation. If you didn't get a big enough hit, you are going to do it all over again. With the manual, you can take as big a puff as you wish. Plus, as Kitsune said, the auto batteries have a hole in them because that is how they sense you are taking a puff. Juice from the atty can creep in there and your battery is shot. Manual use the button, so there is no need for a hole in the battery. I don't even notice hitting the button. It is second nature to me now. The problem with e cigs that look like cigs, is they either don't work very well, and/or they have bad battery life. I have 5 different pv's now and none of them look like a cigarette and these things work awesome. As far as the charging case goes. Yeah it seems kind of cool, but that is just one more bulky thing you are carrying with you. The eGo battery will last you at least a whole day. Now you are just carrying that and not a bunch of other stuff. Just some stuff to think about.

Thx for all the advice guys. I just called e-ciggarette choice back, and told them about the problems I was having and I wanted a refund. They said to send back the kit, and they will refund me, minus the used cartridges. but I only used like 2.

So anyway, let me research some more, I think I want the 5-10. not sure quiet yet.

I'm glad they will give you a refund. I'm glad you are looking around. If you have more questions, please feel free to ask--we really want this to work for you !!!

The 510 really is a great place to start until you get a feel for things. If the automatic is what you really need--go for it. If you think you can deal with the manual--it is better overall. keep looking--finding the right unit really does make all the difference.

If you run across something you are not sure about, just ask. Somebody will have an answer !!!

Welcome to VT! You've gotten some great advice - I can't top that. :) I would have to agree that something isn't right with that juice. I smoked 1 1/2 packs of Marlboro Lights a day for 20 years and now vape 24mg juice. You can't go wrong with the 510.

Yup Like Brian said... You have gotten some great advice. Although if you are looking for a regular cigarette sized e-cig then yes go with the 510. but if you don't mind the shape or size i would recommend the ego/tornado. totally wicked even sells automatic batteries for the tornado. Welcome to VT!!! :thumbsup:

ok well I have made a decision, I guess I'm going to get a tornado from totally wicked:

http://www.totallywicked-eliquid.com/products/electronic-cigarette-starter-kits/tornado/wicked-tornado-e-nic-compact-starter-2-product.html

I looked at the other eGO's but they all had big kits, all I need is a charger and the e-cigg. I'm going to get my eliquid from somewhere else.

So this looks like the best deal.

Anyone have comments?

Welcome to Vapor Talk. You really can't go wrong with the tornado. Try different juices from several places and you'll soon find something you really love. Try to find some places that offer sample sizes until you find something you want, then buy more of that. Be sure to have extra attys, juice and batteries and you'll be set.

The Tornado is a great unit, you won't be disappointed.

do you already have 510 atomizers or cartomizers???

have you decided on any particular flavors?? Just curious.....

No, I don't have any 510 parts. I am sending back the SS Micro no.7 kit to ecigaretteschoice.com, and putting my order in for the Tornado tonight! I will have to pick up smoking again for a couple of days, but it shouldn't be bad. I am going to try buying my eliquid from vaperite.com

I like the idea of organic ANYTHING! God didn't mean for our bodies to ingest petroleum products. I am going to try the Organic VR4 amd the Organic tobacco. along with a few others he has. We'll see what happens.

Oh AND they just released the PCC for the Tornado!!! So Hell yeah!!!

http://www.totallywicked-eliquid.com/products/tornado-e-ni-accessories/tornado-pcc-case-personal-charging-case-product.html

I SURE HOPE that the other eliquid I try doesn't have the same effect or chemical taste as the one from ecigaretteschoice.com!!!! Maybe the guy filling the bottles screwed up or something, but it definitely didn't taste right, it hurt to breath it in, and I got real sick that first day. But i don't want to sue anyone, especially when the industry is still in its infancy, that would just give the Unconstitutional FDA more Ammo. Screw the FDA they have already caused enough damage as it is. The FDA should have never existed in the first place. The issues they deal with, are not granted to a federal agency to deal with in the constitution. Its a state issue for everything they handle!

No, I don't have any 510 parts. I am sending back the SS Micro no.7 kit to ecigaretteschoice.com, and putting my order in for the Tornado tonight! I will have to pick up smoking again for a couple of days, but it shouldn't be bad. I am going to try buying my eliquid from vaperite.com

I like the idea of organic ANYTHING! God didn't mean for our bodies to ingest petroleum products. I am going to try the Organic VR4 amd the Organic tobacco. along with a few others he has. We'll see what happens.

Oh AND they just released the PCC for the Tornado!!! So Hell yeah!!!

http://www.totallywicked-eliquid.com/products/tornado-e-ni-accessories/tornado-pcc-case-personal-charging-case-product.html

I SURE HOPE that the other eliquid I try doesn't have the same effect or chemical taste as the one from ecigaretteschoice.com!!!! Maybe the guy filling the bottles screwed up or something, but it definitely didn't taste right, it hurt to breath it in, and I got real sick that first day. But i don't want to sue anyone, especially when the industry is still in its infancy, that would just give the Unconstitutional FDA more Ammo. Screw the FDA they have already caused enough damage as it is. The FDA should have never existed in the first place. The issues they deal with, are not granted to a federal agency to deal with in the constitution. Its a state issue for everything they handle!

I'm sure it won't. I have had that crappy liquid before and I know what you mean on the taste. I have heard some good things about vaperite.

Also the Tornado PCC will not be necessary lol. I usually get 6-8 hours of HEAVY vaping out of it. I made a comment that the thing would only be needed in case of a power outage.

I think you will love it. Welcome to Vapor Talk man!

ok well I have made a decision, I guess I'm going to get a tornado from totally wicked:

http://www.totallywicked-eliquid.com/products/electronic-cigarette-starter-kits/tornado/wicked-tornado-e-nic-compact-starter-2-product.html

I looked at the other eGO's but they all had big kits, all I need is a charger and the e-cigg. I'm going to get my eliquid from somewhere else.

Anyone have comments?

You are going to need more cartridges or cartomizers...three wont last long.

If it were me I would order cartomizers.....then you don't have to fill them up to often and the atomizer is included.

JMHO

Excellent choice with the tornado, You will be amazed at the difference. !!!

your right--the PCC does offer alternative charging--especially if traveling. (adds to the list....)

Also good to have a car/USB adapter--can charge in the car if needed. great for using with passthroughs.

Anyone have comments?

The Tornado is awesome, I use mine a lot. Looking at the kit you are getting, it comes with 1 atomizer and 1 battery. You will want to get more of both. An atomizer can last a couple of days or months. It really is a crap shoot. With just one battery, you obviously will not be doing any vaping while recharging. If you just recharge it each night when you go to bed, you may be alright, but I would consider getting at least one more.