So Many Questions....

AbbyNormal

Okay, so today I got my Joye 510. These are the observations and questions I have thus far.

I blew out the atomizer to get rid of some of the primer and then took a few hits without inhaling to ensure that the primer was gone. Once I inhaled the vapor I found it to be incredibly harsh. Now that I've hit it a few times it's not nearly as harsh so I think it was just a matter of getting used to it.

I ordered all my liquid in 26mg nicotine. I'm now starting to question whether that was too high or not. What I'm most curious about is how many hits of vapor (26mg) is equivalent to the amount of nicotine in one cigarette? I don't want to over vape.

The other thing I was very unclear about when initially ordering is the difference between PG and VG liquid. Can someone explain this to me?

I think that does it for now... I'm sorry I'm such a noob!

Even after blowing out the atomizer, there is still a bit of a breaking in period. The harshness does go away. Have you tried direct dripping?? or using carts/cartomizers??

If you are thinking the 26 mg is a bit too strong there are a couple of alternatives

#1--for the quickest fix--you can get some wiltons glycerin from walmart or a craft store--found in the cake baking/decorating section. works great to lower the liquid you currently have.

#2-PG or VG from any of our suppliers. VG(vegetable glycerin) is a bit thicker, better vapor production, but some flavor seems to get lost with VG. PG is propylene Glycol--thinner and works better for flavor. most people prefer a combination of PG/VG. you can always look up Propylene glycol or vegetable glycerin (wiki) for more details.

going with approx 1mg of nicotine per cigarette--26mg/ml liquid would be the equivalent to 26 cigarettes. I currently use 18mg and use 1.5-2 ml/day. about 27-36mg/day. I smoked about 30/day (sometimes more). using standard dropper bottle that most of the liquids come in--PG--approx 30 drops = 1ml. VG is thicker so about 20 drops/ml.

Hope that helped a little

I'm not sure what direct dripping is, do you mean dripping on to the atomizer bridge?

I also bought a five pack of cartomizers, to see if I prefer those to the atomizer and cartridge setup. I have yet to try them.

Thanks for the info on lowering the nicotine of my current liquid. That will more than likely come in handy.

http://www.vaportalk.com/forum/forum/forum/topic/7308-how-to-direct-drip/

This is a video on direct dripping. yes, its dripping to the bridge of the atomizer. usually it helps with the harsh throat hit and better flavor. can be used in combination with carts.

be patient with the learning curve, There is alot of tips and tricks to learn, but I promise, it is so worth it !!!

Hi again, I was "new" a little over three months ago and had all these questions, too. There is lots to know and learn in the beginning. I started with a Joye 510, 24mg/VG. I coughed and felt light-headed at first. As I went along my body was also detoxing from the crap in analogs. Actually, I think nic is out of the bloodstream in about 72 hrs. Anywayz, personally I like reading about the equivalent nic intake between analogs and e-cigs, but frankly it doesn't matter much to me. Imo, vaping has become a singular experience. I suggest trying a VG juice and a PG juice. I suggest trying a lower nic level. I now vape 18mg/PG, and am completely satisfied with that. Some, I've read may have an allergy to PG. There's a bit of experimentation that has to happen with vaping in order to find what works best. Good luck and most of all have fun with this. Don't even hesitate to ask away!

Thanks so much! I ordered some PG in a lesser dosage, I think 18mg. I also ordered some VG in 16mg. I figure I can try mixing as was suggested.

It's going to be a lot of experimentation and a lot to get used to. I am extremely excited to kick my smoking habit! My e-cig got delivered at about 6:00 am, it's now 2 hours later that I've been vaping and I have no desire for a cigarette (I typically smoke at least once an hour).

These are also good vids to watch for direct dripping.

What is direct dripping

How do you get so much vapor

As fo nic, listen to your body. You'll know if you're getting to much nic. I smoked 1 1/2 packs a day and vape 24mg. I started with 18mg an it wasn't enought for me. However, it seems to be just right for a lot of members.

Welcome! You're off to a great start! :) Trial and error learning is pretty much what I did. Havin this forum is the best part of learning to vape! Reading posts and all the great people here! By the way, I love your reference to Young Frankenstein! Love that movie! LOL

Okay, so today I got my Joye 510. These are the observations and questions I have thus far.

I blew out the atomizer to get rid of some of the primer and then took a few hits without inhaling to ensure that the primer was gone. Once I inhaled the vapor I found it to be incredibly harsh. Now that I've hit it a few times it's not nearly as harsh so I think it was just a matter of getting used to it. As long as your atty is wet, it shouldn't be harsh. The primer coats it, keeps it wet. It's a good idea to drop 2 ejuice drops directly onto the atty after blowing out the nasty primer, let it stand a minute to soak in, (you're basically repriming but with your good tasting ejuice). Reinsert filled cart and vape away. (if flooded, it will gurgle.. if flooded, just lightly blow out the excess....). A dry atty will die, so keep it moist!

I ordered all my liquid in 26mg nicotine. I'm now starting to question whether that was too high or not. What I'm most curious about is how many hits of vapor (26mg) is equivalent to the amount of nicotine in one cigarette? I don't want to over vape. Purchase some 0nic ejuice (until you learn diy) of same flavor and some extra empty bottles, and half it. That will give you 12mg (from your 24mg) and double the amount of your ejuice on hand.

The other thing I was very unclear about when initially ordering is the difference between PG and VG liquid. Can someone explain this to me? PG has more flavor than VG but less Vapor than VG. Drink lots of water.

I think that does it for now... I'm sorry I'm such a noob! Never be sorry! We were all there (gosh, and still ARE over new things that seem to come out every day).

I just wanted to say that I've been smoke free all day! This e-cig is amazing.

Another quick question is what are some of your favorite juices and what sites do they come from? I ordered my kit and my juices from cignot.com and so far I really like what I've received. I'm really enjoying the fruity flavors!

Flavors are the fun part. I have used liberty flights, rocky mountain vapor, wordup and freedom smoke usa. oh ya and DIY flavorshack. Honestly , I have been very fortunate and haven't had any truly bad flavors. Currently I mostly make my own or alter any premixed flavors. I like the fruity flavors and some of the coffee flavors.

The fun part is trying new flavors.

I like Alien Visions juices and DIYFlavorshacks as well. Do yourself a favor and just stay away from any bacon flavored juices! lol By the way, welcome to the forum and continue to ask any questions you may have.

:jump: congrats on your new eGo!!

My advice would be to stick with Cignot for now, because you're tastebuds are happy. Get a nice supply built up so that you'll always have some to fall back on if you don't like other brands or recipes. When you have a month's worth to fall back on, then go try out some other vendors. I've never met a vendor I didn't like. :)

If you can swing it, try to get a bunch of 3ml sample flavors and make a spice rack. When you run across a bland tobacco flavor, add some spice to it... maybe peanut butter if you like 555, or caramel/vanilla if you like ry4, or banana if you like Fosters Banana Coffee, or Cinnamon for ....you get the drift!

I just added a 3ml bottle of bananna to 6ml's of madvapes tobacco (too bland for my tastebuds at this time) and made a great vape.

I'm three days into vaping and I cannot believe how amazing it is. I have no desire whatsoever to have an analog. I was extremely skeptical about whether or not I could make the switch, and here I am. It was unbelievably easy. I placed a massive juice order today. Trying out a few different vendors that I've watched good reviews on. I ordered from Johnson Creek, Alien Visions, Electro Nic Stix, and Vapor Galaxy. I can't wait to try out all my new juices! I've also been doing some reading, while I love my 510, I think I really want to try out the Ego. I've read such good things about it. I may put in an order next week.

I think I'm getting used to vaping, I've completely switched over to the direct dripping method and I don't find it to be a hassle anymore. I just drop 2-3 drops on my atomizer, pop an empty cart on and go. I figured out pretty quickly that 24mg juice is a little too strong for me, I prefer the 18mg. Few questions that I still have...

How often do batteries go out (if at all)? I know the atomizers typically last 1-1.5 months, but what about batteries?

If you're using the direct drip method do you need to change cartridges ever? I just use an empty one, but eventually it will begin to taste bad, right?

Another thing I'm completely confused about is mods, but I'm sure that just comes with time.

Thanks everyone for being so welcoming and so helpful in answering my questions. I've been trying to read around the forums and get a feel for things before I dive in and start posting in other sections. Hopefully I'll get to know a lot of you better! :wave:

Very glad vaping is working for you. It really is amazing !!!

you can rinse out the carts or just use a Q tip to give it a bit of a wipe now and again. no particular rule on this. If you think you will be stick with dripping or at least on and off, definitely need to look at drip tips for you next order. saves having to take the cart on and off. instead of the cart, the end is open and can drip to the atty without taking anything off.

as far as batteries--can last a month or several months -- batteries are improving however. I really do like backups !!!

for me the 510 batteries seem to last a couple months. The charge time does decrease with use and recharging. The Ego hasn't been around long enough to tell for sure how long these will last.

but the daily Ego battery time is much, much longer than the 510. (so far anyway)

My 510 batteries tended to last about 3 months for me. When they got to where they'd only hold a charge for 15 or 20 minutes, I chucked them. I didn't go about the eGo batteries in the right way. I ordered two eGo batteries from Janty, then a month later got concerned that if one died, I'd be without a vape while the one charged, so I ordered two new batteries from TW. That gave me two Janty and two Tornados. A month after that I figured my Janty batteries wouldn't last much longer and I bought two Joye eGo batteries from Create Vapor. I've been alternating between the six batteries this whole time. The Janty batteries are 7 months old now. A couple of weeks ago one of them just up and died on me and the other one only holds a charge for a couple of hours - if that. The Tornado and Joye batteries are still going strong and hold charges for at least 4 hours. But...since I alternate between them, I don't know for sure how long each one would last if I used it exclusively. And now that I have my SB, I use it at least half of the day, so don't use the eGo batteries as much as I would without the SB. But I think I've gotten some really good use out of them. I'm extremely happy with the preformance and longevity of them.

Hi, your most recent questions have been duly addressed. Congratulations on three days of vaping! I was as incredulous at not having to smoke another analog the day after I received my 510. As I may have already mentioned somewhere, I now use an eGo, and I love it more than words can express (:)) I have plenty of backups for my 510, but now I'm ordering backups for my eGo. Just when I think I'm ahead, there's nana's post on just how many backups would be best...still, what I'm spending on these backups is less than what analogs were costing, in more ways than one. Don't hesitate to post as more questions pop up. There will always be someone here who will answer them!