Where To Buy Polyfil That Doesn't Taste Bad!

Jkimbo

I bought 1 pound of polyfil from walmart for $3 but it has a funny taste to it. Where can I buy polyfil that doesn't taste funny or what filler can I use and where can I get it to refill carts? thx

The poly from wal-mart isn't really the kind to use for carts. What most people who still refill carts uses is either "fluval" or the "blue foam". Both are an aquarium fill for tank filters. You can find them at your local PetSmart in the fish section.

I use to use the fluval until I started direct dripping most of the time. It works well and is very much like the original filler in the carts. Hope this helps?

The poly from wal-mart isn't really the kind to use for carts. What most people who still refill carts uses is either "fluval" or the "blue foam". Both are an aquarium fill for tank filters. You can find them at your local PetSmart in the fish section.

I use to use the fluval until I started direct dripping most of the time. It works well and is very much like the original filler in the carts. Hope this helps?

Thank you. I direct drip at home and use cartos for on the go, but honestly I think carts vape more clouds then cartos and taste better. At least my original ones tasted better lol. I will check out petsmart!

if you can find it--the fluval 2 plus usually works well. There are many types of fluval. if you open the package you can tell which one is closest in consistency to the cart filler. I actually much prefer the blue foam from strictly ejuice. The aquarium blue filter isn't quite the same. the price from strictly ejuice is pretty good.

The blue foam is actually meant as a plug, the foam fills only about 1/3 of the cart. strictly ejuice site has a diagram and instructions.

• 2 months later...

Is there any other place that sells that blue foam stuff other then strictly e-juice? I just hate the idea of spending 5.80 for shipping on a product that only costs 75 cents! I really do like the carts and I just ordered some cartomizers for my Ego. I just would like to switch flavors and I bought all these blank carts when I ordered my ego and theres no filling! :(

if you can find it--the fluval 2 plus usually works well. There are many types of fluval. if you open the package you can tell which one is closest in consistency to the cart filler. I actually much prefer the blue foam from strictly ejuice. The aquarium blue filter isn't quite the same. the price from strictly ejuice is pretty good.

The blue foam is actually meant as a plug, the foam fills only about 1/3 of the cart. strictly ejuice site has a diagram and instructions.

Is there any other place that sells that blue foam stuff other then strictly e-juice? I just hate the idea of spending 5.80 for shipping on a product that only costs 75 cents! I really do like the carts and I just ordered some cartomizers for my Ego. I just would like to switch flavors and I bought all these blank carts when I ordered my ego and theres no filling! :(

Ok, Ellynn99, I replied to your question in your other topic and now I'm seeing this. I went to strictly ejuice and I saw the blue foam diagram kitsune refers to. That diagram makes no sense to me. How do you fill a cartidge 3/4 full of liquid without it coming out the mouthpiece hole at the end? Is there something going on with cartridges that I don't realize? I received some of this blue foam as a sample from another vendor and I just might try it now. Well, I will if I can figure out the diagram.

Ok, Ellynn99, I replied to your question in your other topic and now I'm seeing this. I went to strictly ejuice and I saw the blue foam diagram kitsune refers to. That diagram makes no sense to me. How do you fill a cartidge 3/4 full of liquid without it coming out the mouthpiece hole at the end? Is there something going on with cartridges that I don't realize? I received some of this blue foam as a sample from another vendor and I just might try it now. Well, I will if I can figure out the diagram.

The mouthpiece hole doesn't actually connect with the inside of the cart. It runs down the sides of it. If you look at an empty cart from the bottom (the side that goes on the atomizer) you will see some little slits on the sides of the cart. That is where you draw your air from. The inside of the cart is just a reservoir. The only time you will get juice coming back through the mouthpiece and into your mouth is if your plug doesn't seal off and allows juice to run out of the cart and back through those slits.

Travis is correct. There is not a direct hole from the cavity of the cart to your mouth. Juice can leak into your mouth but it's small bits and it happens with repeated drawing off the cart. It does happen, but takes a little time for bits of the liquid as well as condensation to form or make it's way into those slits. Simply blow throw the mouthpiece end of the cart into a paper towel and that will clear the liquid out of those slots for a while without blowing liquid out of the reservoir.

Blue foam is also my preferred filler for carts. It has large pores which hold the liquid well. The first fill, when the foam is dry, you may need to use a toothpick to finagle the liquid down in there a little bit more but generally after that first fill it's fairly easy to just drip/top off directly onto the foam and it will trickle down. The blue foam is more "plastic-ky" than the white fluval so it doesn't heat so easily from the temp of the atty/bridge; therefore when positioned in the cart correctly will not produced that melted fiber taste. No, you usually can't tell that the fiber is melted but it can heat warm enough that you can sometimes taste it.