Ceramic 510 Xl Cartomizers First Impression

madhatter7750

The RoyalSmokes XL ceramic cartomizers arrived in the mail today and 90mls of my favorite juice. The five pack came with the fill tip, so if you have a syringe, your golden. Wordupecig says they hold 1.9mls so I put in 1.6mls just to be on the safe side. You can see the coil with the wicking fed through the center. As I was filling the juice reached the top of the wick within seconds. Filling was straight forward. I used my Joker AV and turned it down to 3.75Volts. The draw is very light and warm in your throat. The casing does not heat up, actually stays very cool. The vapor production is immense. Frequent, repeated draws produce consistent flavor and vapor. Also tried it on an eGo battery with the same results.

Remember this is just a first impression, I've only been vaping on it for an hour now. So I have no idea how long they will last and produce good results. The instructions say you should only refill 4x.

What appealed to me was, no filler material. Just a wick and reservoir with free floating fluid.

One negative is that there is no visual way to see if your running dry.

Just overfilled it adding more juice, left the syringe in place and withdrew the excess. It will leak out of the bottom if overfilled. Wipe off and vape.

Hope this helps. :thumbsup:

Thank you for sharing that. I am thinking I want one of these--figure it this way, I am just getting around to trying cartomizers. but the ceramic ones really seem like they would be great--I love the idea of no filler. You will have to let me know what you think tomorrow after you have had some time to really break it in !!!

Thank you for sharing that. I am thinking I want one of these--figure it this way, I am just getting around to trying cartomizers. but the ceramic ones really seem like they would be great--I love the idea of no filler. You will have to let me know what you think tomorrow after you have had some time to really break it in !!!

I will keep you posted. I've tried regular 510 and LR cartomizers and found them just OK.

These do sound interesting. Are you going to attempt to up the voltage on the Joker with those?

My primary juice doesn't taste as good at higher voltage. I pretty much just direct drip when I use any of my other juices, some of which taste better at 5volts than 3.7volts. I will give it a try at some point, because different combination's yield different results.

Did you get these:

eGo 2.5ml

He got the "510 XL Edition 2 Ceramic", but they are out of stock.

From the link, you would slect them from the drop down box.

Wordup Cartos

However, notice the the page says: "510 XL Edition 2 Ceramic OUT OF STOCK BACK IN STOCK NEXT WEEK"

Looks like cloudsofvapor.com is out of stock also.

It seems these new cartomizers sell out pretty quickly. If you want to try them, your best bet may be to go to cloudsofvapor.com and use the 'notify me' option. They will send you a one time email when they get them in stock.

A little follow up review.

They do work well and last a long time between fills. Are they the future of cartomizers? We'll see. For easy of use, I would still recommend the standard 510 cartomizers with a drip tip. I've been using the ceramic cartos pretty much exclusively for almost four days and am on my second one. I vape quite a bit. They do seem to consistently produce a large amount of vapor and good flavor. They are 2.5ohm so HV is not recommended. I may have run my first one dry and killed it, so I am trying to make sure the current one stays filled, but there is no visual way to tell if you are running it dry. So far I like them. All methods of vaping have their positives and negatives and we all have our personal preferences. I like the fact that we do have so many choices. Hope to hear some other opinions.

• 1 month later...

I got a pack of the rev3 2.5 ohm ones and it took some work to get them to work properly. They would not wick well. After a few puffs it would stop producing good vapor and either jave a slight burnt flavor or just very dry with no flavor. I took the inner ring out and cut the hole in the middle out more to increase airflow and another dry burn and poked and prodded the coil to space out the wire so not to have a tight spot in the middle. After all of that it seems to be working much better. And within days of buying these the rev 4 is available... I think they ironed out some of the problems with the latest version. Wasn't happy at all until I did these few little mods. But I do think these will prove to be a next step in cartomizer design. They really do produce good vapor.

Did you get these:

eGo 2.5ml

I ordered the eGo carts you are asking about I think. They go with the jumbo atty I will post on that when I get it and use it. Hoping tomorrow so I have a full week-end of fun.

Important Information

Terms of Use Privacy Policy Guidelines