My Review Of Totally Wicked's DSE901

JangoFett

I just received my first ever e-cigarette in the mail not more than 1 hr ago. I have never used one before but I wanted to try it so I decided to dole out the cash and give it a go. First thing I noticed was that the packaging was top notch and very professional looking. I tried vaping a few times with the carts that came with it, they were alright but not much throat hit which was disappointing. I took the 0 mg cart (who needs it) and washed out the material in the cart, cleaned it up and dried everything out then dripped some of totally wicked's 24mg m/boro flavor into the cart.

This doesn't taste much like marlboro, but it isn't unpleasant either. My unit doesn't seem to produce much vapor compared to some of the videos I have seen, but it's enough that I can feel it hit my lungs which is what I need really. I have noticed that sometimes when I draw on it, it feels like it's airtight and I can't draw any air into my mouth, other times I can. The vapor leaves a slightly stingy feeling on the back of my throat reminiscent of when I first starting smoking. After a sip of water, it goes away quickly.

I don't know if it's just because there is still manufacturer's liquid in the atomizer but like I said right now there's not much vapor. I have heard that they need to be broken in though so this might increase with some time. It is surprisingly easy to go over the 5-second draw limit but I am sure I will adapt over time. Overall I am loving it but I need to just get more familiar with the product and with vaping in general. One other thing I noticed is that the cartridges fit on there VERY snug and I was pulling so hard to get them off that I thought I might accidentally break the whole thing.

The atomizer is encased in a black metal tube, can it be removed from that tube for cleaning purposes? The user manual says nothing about this. Overall I would have to say that I am pleased with the product and hope to get more accustomed to it. I have only vaped maybe 15 draws total on the thing since I just got it, but I will keep experimenting with it.

I wanted to post this under reviews but I don't have enough posts yet to do that and I don't want to spam up the board in order to get a high enough post count. Admins feel free to move this post to review and to edit out this last paragraph.

It's normal for the cart to fit on tight. Also when you take a drag make sure your not blocking the whole on the side of the DSE. Most atomizer take a little bit to break in and really give you that throat kick, make sure your taking long slow easy draws and not short "tough" draws. Ecigs are not like analogs, sucking harder will not get you more vapor.

Try taking a long slow draw until the light blinks, let us know how the vapor is after that

It's normal for the cart to fit on tight. Also when you take a drag make sure your not blocking the whole on the side of the DSE. Most atomizer take a little bit to break in and really give you that throat kick, make sure your taking long slow easy draws and not short "tough" draws. Ecigs are not like analogs, sucking harder will not get you more vapor.

Try taking a long slow draw until the light blinks, let us know how the vapor is after that

I tried but my mouth wasn't big enough so I had to direct inhale into my lungs and that was kind of a kick in the ***.

I liked it.

EDIT: I have also found there is a carb hole on the atomizer, if I cover that for just a second while drawing, it produces more vapor. Will this harm the unit?

Edited by JangoFett

The atomizer is encased in a black metal tube, can it be removed from that tube for cleaning purposes? The user manual says nothing about this.

Trying to remove the atomizer from the tube might be possible, but you'll probably need a blowtorch! :):rolleyes: Seriously, I've never heard of anyone doing this and having the atomizer live to tell the tale.

On the topic of cleaning atomizers, I've found widespread uncertainty. My attempts to run water through one resulted in a total atomizer death. Others have recommended a variety of methods to clean these things, some successful, some not. There is general agreement that removing the atomizer from the battery and blowing into it from the battery end (make sure you have paper towels handy) is a good way to clean out some gunk, and will probably extend the life of the atomizer. (Make sure to drip some juice on the atomizer before you try to vape again) Beyond that, I don't know.

Today, I attempted to use the boiling water technique on my Yeti atomizer (which was so clogged after a month's use that I could barely get a decent vape off it anymore, and it heated up like crazy every time). I just dropped it in a pan of boiling water for exactly one minute, then blew it out when it cooled. (lotta gunk came out) I'm going to let it air dry overnight and give it a try tomorrow. I'll post back.

Boiling the atomizer seems to work best, but if you want to stay safe, then just blow it out.

As for blocking the hole I do the same thing, it will probably wear the atomizer out faster but at the end of the day, it's going to die in a month or so anyone. Use it in a way that makes vapeing good for you.

Also direct inhaling...that will kick your ***! I have a feeling it's just not a good unit. To me the Joye510 and Penstyle's are the only way to go. The DSE isn't bad but I'm just not a fan.

Today, I attempted to use the boiling water technique on my Yeti atomizer (which was so clogged after a month's use that I could barely get a decent vape off it anymore, and it heated up like crazy every time). I just dropped it in a pan of boiling water for exactly one minute, then blew it out when it cooled. (lotta gunk came out) I'm going to let it air dry overnight and give it a try tomorrow. I'll post back.

For the record, it didn't' work so well. Yes a lot of gunk came out of it after boiling, but after letting it dry and re-coating the atomizer with e-liquid, it still vaped poorly. Only about a quarter of the vapor I get from the new atomizer, and I had to work to get that much. Oh well, it was worth a shot.

Have you tried the pepsi method? Also I was thinking that maybe lemon juice would be better than pepsi since pepsi has a PH of 2.46 and lemon juice is between 1.8 and 2.3 depending on the lemon (meaning the lemon juice is slightly more acidic) while also having less sugar than the pepsi.

Ive been boiling my atomizers for once every 2 weeks after use for 2 months now, and both are still working great. After I dry them overnight, and drip about 6 drops on em, they work like brand new. I boil them for like, a half an hour, then take em out. BTW, im using the dse103, and the atomizers are still goin strong.