Basic Questions About My First E-Cig

grama

Hi everyone, I just bought this e-cig and i have some questions.

So far so good using the default cartridges, and yesterday I got a bottle of e-liquid from a local distributor. I'm not sure if I'm refilling this the right way though (just throwing a couple of drops inside the cartridge), i've thought about using a syringe though. Also I've been reading about direct dripping, but I'm not sure (by the way the atomizer looks, in relation to the videos I've watched) if this is even possible.

Any advice would be more than welcome.

Most people find that with direct dripping it's best to have use an empty cart. You can either use the cart that came with the atomizer, or pull the filler out of the pre-filled carts. Usually you drip about 3 drops onto the atomizer and then you continue to drip when the flavor, vapor, or taste diminishes. Those drops generally last about 5-10 'hits' depending on the device.

What model do you have? If you're saying it looks tough to drop onto the atomizer I'm going to venture a guess and say your atomizer pokes upward like a m402 atomizer(attached picture). You can direct drop on that model as well. If you have a 510, 801, or 901 direct dripping on those models should be no problem either.

post-1303-002092400 1282681563_thumb.jpg

post-1303-002092400 1282681563_thumb.jpg

Unfortunately I am not very familiar with that model, one of the other member may be able to identify the atomizer and help with dripping.

otherwise, adding a couple drops to the top of the filler in the cart would work well, just until the filler is wet. using a needle and syringe it is easy to fill the cart from the bottom--gets any extra air out of the cart, and is the best way for changing liquid. the filler can also be taken out rinsed, dried and replaced. and refill with fresh liquid.

The carts can be used indefinitely.

I hope that helped a little.

Yes of course that helps, so cartridges can be used indefinitely as long as i take the filler out and clean every once in a while? i was under the impression that a cartridge shouldn't be used for more than a week or so.

so long as you clean the filler once in awhile or change it--it can be used for a very long time. if the filler becomes too ragged it can be changed. not sure in chile what products you will have access to.

fluval 2 plus aquarium filter works great for a replacement. better than than is the blue foam from strictly ejuice. I'm pretty sure they can ship to chile--I know they ship to the UK.

Blue foam

the filler currently in the carts can be used for a couple washings at least. the blue foam does wick the liquid a bit better, but the filler you have now will be ok for a bit. when I cleaned the filler, I also rinsed the carts out. it just plastic, so no danger, unless for some reason its melting. sometimes the atomizers can melt the edges of the carts.

Thanks a lot. Is it safe (or wise) to direct drip with this of ("exposed") atomizer?. Also, how much would direct dripping last, in comparison to filling the cartridge?, because until now, a cartridge lasts me about the equivalent to 3 cigarretes.

Is that a "Health" brand e-cig? If my memory is correct, it looks a lot like the Health e-cig that my husband bought from DealXtreme a couple of years ago. It was bad, very bad, and actually ended up MELTING, but I'm very glad he came across it because it was interesting enough and cheap enough for hubby to go ahead and order it. It gave us an idea what vaping is like and spurred us to learn more and more. That is how we were introduced to all that the e-cig world has to offer!

It is safe to drip with an exposed atomizer. Much easier to do so than it is to try to hit one that's recessed. I just drop 2-3 drops on there.

I'm not much help with the exposed atomizers, but from what I understand is that it is safe to drip. Just drip a couple drops directly onto the atomizer, replace the cartridge. can use an empty cart (no filler) or one of your regular carts. for me a couple drops lasts 4-5 draws. with dripping you do need to add liquid more frequently, but usually you get a better throat hit and better flavor.

I used to use a combination of dripping and carts. I would add a couple drops to the atty and a couple to the cart. wouldn't have to refill as often. the down side is it can flood the atty until you get the hang of it.

If it doesn't hit very well or the vapor production seems too low, you can just drain the atty over a papertowel and blow through the end that has the small hole. removes excess liquid.

unfortunately I am not as familiar with this model. I use the 510 and/or the ego--different type of atty. but the basics should be the same.

MrsJaaxx I don't know if it's the "health" brand, but i did buy my mother one of the "health" and so far so good, it's just been a couple of days though, so time will tell. I thank you all for your answers. I think my initial curiosities have been satisfied.