Analog Free For A Month, Want To Switch It Up

mrsmalone

Well, if you're just looking for better battery life, go with a Joye eGo. If you're looking to try different voltages, I would try the Joker (vaprlife) or the Buzz (notcigs). Both of these units have variable voltage that you can adjust from 3.7V up to 6V. Another great PV is the vaprlife PT. This is great if you spend a lot of time at your computer or near a plug. Gives you time to charge up all your batteries. :)

Edited because my fingers move faster than my brain.

Edited by Brian

What differences does the voltage make?

First, I forgot to say, Welcome to Vapor Talk! :)

Higher voltage heats the atty more and generally will give you more vapor and better throat hit. Early on, the choice was pretty much 3.7V (standard ecig), and 5V or 6V mods. Now you can choose anything in between 3.7 and 6+ with a variable voltage mod. You can adjust it find what works best for you.

Anything in particular you're interested in as far as an ecig goes? If you're wanting to keep it small, eGo would probably be your best bet. Go with an ego, and if you want to experienc high voltage then get some low resistance attys. LR attys have a lower resistance than regular attys so they heat up faster which simulates the high voltage experience.

hits harder.

you can tend to back off nic a lot when doing 5v.

the standard battery is 3.7v

the thing that i warn people about going with a higher voltage is that going back to 3.7v is like sucking on nothing.

would be like smoking newports and then switching to marb light menthol or maybe ultra lights.

but this is only after doing it till you are used to 5v. in the first week or so you can swap back an forth and the 3.7v is still nice.

the joker and buzz are nice because you can change the voltage. it does come with a larger price tag though.

I think I would just dabble with 5 volts with a passthrough and wall wart,a lot less investment that way.I myself didn't care for 5 volts and had to resister my PT down around 4.

Welcome !!!

the price tag also plays a part in what you decide. the joker from vaprlife really does look nice (hopefully I will own one soon), the ego is the same voltage as the 510, but has a much, much better battery life. can still use your 510 atomizers on the ego or the joker. vaprlife also has the VP-Passthrough which is 4.7 volts--better throat hit than the 510. I really love my VP-PT. so much is personal preference. Mind you, I really loved my 510. I'm sure you will get lots of input !!!

Happy vaping

The Buzz @ notcigs.com is a nice unit for variable voltage. That simply made vaping GREAT for me. Don't have to worry about low res this and low res that... you just adjust the voltage on the unit. For me, 3.7 wasn't enough, and 5v was a bit much. With variable voltage you can dial it in to exactly what you want... 4.3 - 4.5 for me. :thumbsup:

Edited by DAYVAPE

I just recently bought a Joker AV with the 510 connection. It will run 3.7 to 6 volts and is easily adjusted. I run it about 4.7 volts and its great. Good battery life with several opions on which batteries you can run. You can check them out at Vaprlife.com.