More Noob Questions

lightbringer

Hello again to Vapor Talk crowd...You guys have been a big help and thanks fror all replies to my 1st intro post!

I have a couple of questions about passthroughs and cartomizers.

I want a pass through for my 510 but amd wondering if I should/could get a bigger atty for passthrough use.

Also I saw a car charger that uses a usb cord. can I use a passthrough with this or similar product and vape in the car? And last about passthroughs...Any advice on where to buy? I haven't even checked VT yet and I do have a %10 new member discount coming (thanks Christopher- I am waiting till the 2nd week of Sept or so to order some Midnight and VT cola cause I just spent a lot of $ on juices samplers that I talked about in my 1st post. And a few from health cabin that haven't arrived yet...btw anyone have any exp. w/health cabin they would share?)

Anyway I will not be ordering till later but I want to start researching.

Now about cartos...Are they cost effective or better than reg attys. I don't mind d.dripping but I don't want to kill my attys anytime soon and I vape all day. I don't know how long my attys will last or how many times you can REALLY re-use a cartomizer or if the cartos really use juice more efficiently(sp) I just really don't know much about cartos other than how to fill them which I watched Christopher's vid and a couple others about.

I did have one other issue but I already typed this big long thing about it and then my computer messed up and I lost it and had to retype this whole thing and now I am hungry so I will ask later! Thanks again!

If you are looking for a 510 passthrough--I really liked this one. http://www.azsmokefree.com/inc/sdetail/3385. the usb cable disconnects from the 510 battery and can be used as a standard 510.

There are tons of supplier that have the 510 passthroughs. You can always look through the supplier list to see what else is out there.

Yes you can use the USB/car adapter to use you passthrough in the car. I love using my passthrough in the car. can also use a USB/wall adapter so you don't have to be attached to the computer.

sorry, no help on health cabin or cartos--but I am sure others will have tons of info.

You want to make sure any car or wall adapter is 2 amp to run a PT. No need for a different atty, the 510 will work fine.

As for catos - they are certainly worth trying. Personally, I only use them when I can't drip... driving mostly. I like them okay, but don't get the same satisfaction as I do from a regular 510 atty. However, others do and love them.

cartos tend to be a lot more "airy" than attys and they taste funky until you get them broke in. The regular cartos are kinda weak to me on 3.7v so I only use mine when i have to. I'm going to get a 5v mod to use my cartos on. I've heard they perform way better on 5v.

If you are looking for a 510 passthrough--I really liked this one. http://www.azsmokefree.com/inc/sdetail/3385. the usb cable disconnects from the 510 battery and can be used as a standard 510.

There are tons of supplier that have the 510 passthroughs. You can always look through the supplier list to see what else is out there.

Yes you can use the USB/car adapter to use you passthrough in the car. I love using my passthrough in the car. can also use a USB/wall adapter so you don't have to be attached to the computer.

sorry, no help on health cabin or cartos--but I am sure others will have tons of info.

Definitely dig the versatile/extra battery aspect there and that is about the same price I have sen of others. Great to hear I was right about the car aspect! Thanks again for more great help

You want to make sure any car or wall adapter is 2 amp to run a PT. No need for a different atty, the 510 will work fine.

As for catos - they are certainly worth trying. Personally, I only use them when I can't drip... driving mostly. I like them okay, but don't get the same satisfaction as I do from a regular 510 atty. However, others do and love them.

Will it say in the prod. info. that car charger is 2 amp? This also makes me think of anothr ques. My friend plugs his pcc into his Xbox 360...will a PT work there too?

cartos tend to be a lot more "airy" than attys and they taste funky until you get them broke in. The regular cartos are kinda weak to me on 3.7v so I only use mine when i have to. I'm going to get a 5v mod to use my cartos on. I've heard they perform way better on 5v.

This is something I wondered about the cartos...I had to break in my atty and am thinking if I have to break in a carto the same way will that quicken its death?

See I am not up entirely on the voltage thing and mods...how does 5v relate or compare to ego w/ 651 mah or whatever it is. is that one of the voltages offered in variable voltage mods?

Will it say in the prod. info. that car charger is 2 amp? This also makes me think of anothr ques. My friend plugs his pcc into his Xbox 360...will a PT work there too?

Yes - it'll say 2 amp. A lot of them are only 0.5 amp. As for the xbox, IDK. I assume it puts out the same power as the USB on a computer and will work, but not sure.

See link below - you can see the "Max 2A".

Madvapes

This is something I wondered about the cartos...I had to break in my atty and am thinking if I have to break in a carto the same way will that quicken its death?

See I am not up entirely on the voltage thing and mods...how does 5v relate or compare to ego w/ 651 mah or whatever it is. is that one of the voltages offered in variable voltage mods?

higher voltage is just more TH and some say more vapor. mAh on batteries is just the capacity....how long they last.

DOH!! sorry! didn't mean to imply a carto needs to be broken in! It just takes a bit for the taste of the filler to go away. At least it did with the ones I've used.

I didn't think you implied that... I was just answering the other half of the question. :thumbsup:

higher voltage is just more TH and some say more vapor. mAh on batteries is just the capacity....how long they last.

So its voltage of battery not atty that affects bigger TH and vapor. mmm...does that mean I might rather want a higher voltage battery before ego? Altsmoke silver bullet, Vaporlife's variable voltage joker, and variable voltage buzz from notcigs were all recommended to me and i have since seen the double barrell silver bullet..all of which seem nice but scary w/ all the diifferent voltages and batteries and me not knowing what is going on.

(tangeant) I did see the dripper thing and I had seen a guy review DIY flavorshack's donut holes with a dripper on what may have been a buzz and both seemed very fun. plus I really like the idea that diabetics can still sate their sweet tooth vaping. More heart warming...is it always so heart warming around here?

No need to break in cartos... fill them and go. They do take several drags to really get going good, but not like breaking in an atty.

I have heard different ideas about how long one will last. I have heard you get a pack of 5 and that will last you a month but I have also heard longer. how long can you stretch out the life and stiil get good vape?

So its voltage of battery not atty that affects bigger TH and vapor. mmm...does that mean I might rather want a higher voltage battery before ego? Altsmoke silver bullet, Vaporlife's variable voltage joker, and variable voltage buzz from notcigs were all recommended to me and i have since seen the double barrell silver bullet..all of which seem nice but scary w/ all the diifferent voltages and batteries and me not knowing what is going on.

(tangeant) I did see the dripper thing and I had seen a guy review DIY flavorshack's donut holes with a dripper on what may have been a buzz and both seemed very fun. plus I really like the idea that diabetics can still sate their sweet tooth vaping. More heart warming...is it always so heart warming around here?

The eGo with some 24mg juice will be most peoples choice for starters. The level of nic in the juice is what gives the hit. Higher voltage will create more TH because its burnin more juice, hence, you will go thru juice faster with higher voltage.

I started on a DSE 901 and 24 mg and choked like I was trying to inhale with my first ever analog! Some other people will have to expound on the whole high/ var. voltage thing as I have not tried it....YET LOL

And yes on the heartwarming! We are more like a family round here than you will see on other forums. Always eager and happy to help out and give advice! thumbsup.gif Even if we are wrong sometimes....lol members will speak up and correct us if we are not spot on with answers.

I have heard different ideas about how long one will last. I have heard you get a pack of 5 and that will last you a month but I have also heard longer. how long can you stretch out the life and stiil get good vape?

It really depends on the manufacturer (quality) and the user (how heavy they vape). Some last quite a while while others will die in a week. It is always hit and miss as they are subject ot the heating/cooling cycle MANY times.

The eGo with some 24mg juice will be most peoples choice for starters. The level of nic in the juice is what gives the hit. Higher voltage will create more TH because its burnin more juice, hence, you will go thru juice faster with higher voltage.

I started on a DSE 901 and 24 mg and choked like I was trying to inhale with my first ever analog! Some other people will have to expound on the whole high/ var. voltage thing as I have not tried it....YET LOL

And yes on the heartwarming! We are more like a family round here than you will see on other forums. Always eager and happy to help out and give advice! thumbsup.gif Even if we are wrong sometimes....lol members will speak up and correct us if we are not spot on with answers.

Yeah, see I knew when I got the NHALER lung juice and it didn't TH as well nor was I really staisfied it was cause it is 12 mg. I will have to stay at higher mg longer than I thought which is fine as I don't really mind the nic. addiction as much without all of the other poisons in analogs. I will just mix the lower mg I bought with some vanilla at 30mg. The lung juice is all fruit flavors or tea anyway so it sgould taste good.

I have really enjoyed the friendly atmosphere her. I have tried reading other forums or review sites where people are just bashing and cursing each other like children...it's just kinda boring to me and I need info not admonishment. That is why Christopher first got me interested cause he seemed very knowledgable and mellow and things seemed different here which so far they have been and I am eager to become "well respected member" or whatever it said. Thanks again to yu and the other replies!

The atty does affect TH too because they are different ohms. Low Resistance attys generally run from 1.5 to 2.0 ohm. A standard Joye 510 is 2.2 ohm. Most other brands of 510 are around 2.8 - 3.0 ohm. 801s and 901s are generally around 3.0-3.2 ohm. The lower ohm atty heat up quicker and vaporize the juice faster, so bigger TH.

I have really enjoyed the friendly atmosphere her. I have tried reading other forums or review sites where people are just bashing and cursing each other like children...it's just kinda boring to me and I need info not admonishment. That is why Christopher first got me interested cause he seemed very knowledgable and mellow and things seemed different here which so far they have been and I am eager to become "well respected member" or whatever it said. Thanks again to yu and the other replies!

Chris runs an excellent forum here and has great moderators. There's not much bickering going on as we all try to be respectful and helpful. I lurk around some other forums and I know what you mean. And I'll say it one more time... if it hadn't been for VT, my 510 probably would have ended up in the trash can. :)