Strange Battery Situation

I bought a T-Rex battery last month from a nearby supplier. It's similar to a Tornado in appearance and mah. I used it for 2 weeks and loved it. Then one day it wouldn't take a charge. I tried the 510 wall charger and the usb charger plugged into A/C outlet. Neither of them would charge it. I was able to exchange it for another one, but that one didn't charge either. It was replaced for yet another one which was yesterday and guess what....won't charge.

Okay, heres the weird part. When I first get each battery, they work. I guess since they are charged or somewhat charged. When I put it on the usb wall charger, the charger gets really hot and the light is red, indicating no charge and never goes to green. Yet, when I put it on the 510 charger, the light is green to start with, indicating a charge, when it's not. I try it and the led flashes...no charge. What could cause this? It can't be that the charger won't charge it because the first one charged many times fine in the 2 weeks I had it. Also, I charge the tornado on these chargers all the time. It's almost like the chargers are sucking the power right out of the battery. I haven't spoke to the guy yet about this one, and he was unsure as to why this happened either. Any ideas?

MAy just need a new supplier... I vape my batts sometimes without chargin first and they work the same as usual, so i have no idea but im guessing its the product

take the charger off of your power source.

clean it out like ben said. use rubbing alcohol.

check the connections inside the battery and the charger, my guess is that the graument that keeps them apart are touching.

being that your batteries work before charging it would be the charger.

if it were the batteries it would have already killed them.

the other thing might be that once you tighten down your batteries the (+) connection is actually touching the bottom of the case where your threads are.

after cleaning and inspection of the charger. if everything looks ok, try to charge a battery, BUT, only screw it in till it gives a slight resistance. don't try and tighten it up like it's going to fall off.

Yes I charge them before use. I just tried them initially to make sure they work before I do.

I just tried cleaning the charger as suggested. When I put the battery on by only screwing it lightly like you said, it doesn't go from green to red until I screw it on tighter And, it's pretty tight to make the light change. Maybe it's not getting a good solid connection from battery to charger.

BUT...what makes me think it's the batteries is why my tornado charges fine on the same chargers. I use either the usb AC wall or the 510 standard. Also, this battery in question reads charged green on the joye 510 charger when it's not. Only red on the usb one. I'm confused

MAy just need a new supplier... I vape my batts sometimes without chargin first and they work the same as usual, so i have no idea but im guessing its the product

He's been very nice about all of this but he is also wondering why this is happening. I actually feel bad for him because he is losing money on these.

I have some batteries where the fitting that screws into the atty has a shoulder on it and it is too wide .The atty seats on it and does not screw down far enough.I filed the shoulder down and it alowed things to go together.Perhaps that is what is happening,you battery is screwing solidly to the shoulder but not far enough for the center conducter to hit your charger center conducter.They also may be too dead to charge as the protection circut will not charge an overly discharged battery.You may need to get a charger from the same place that sells the batteries that is made for them.

I have some batteries where the fitting that screws into the atty has a shoulder on it and it is too wide .The atty seats on it and does not screw down far enough.I filed the shoulder down and it alowed things to go together.Perhaps that is what is happening,you battery is screwing solidly to the shoulder but not far enough for the center conducter to hit your charger center conducter.They also may be too dead to charge as the protection circut will not charge an overly discharged battery.You may need to get a charger from the same place that sells the batteries that is made for them.

I was wondering just that...if the two round plates were touching when screwed together. When I look into the battery and then at the thread on the battery, it does appear that the battery's plate is a tad deeper than the threading is on the charger. I could be wrong. (I once thought I was wrong, but I was mistaken);)

The charger that this guy is selling is the usb charger, which I have. If it takes a special charger, I will just refund this because I don't want to have to buy a gazillion parts.

I'll talk to him about this and maybe have him try to charge one of the ones I've tried and see if he has the same trouble. I would try to file things, but not if I'm giving this back to him :)

Thanks for your insight.

• 2 weeks later...

Return it and get another brand. There have been many problems reported with these batts. The newer ones are supposedly fixed. The connection threads/LED to batt is poor and supposedly a new glue is being used. See if you detect any looseness there.

The Riva's or the Hello 16's would be a better choice.