Cartomizer Vaping

Lily

Hi, There's been a lot of cartomizer love posted in the last couple of days, but I'm wondering if anyone else's throat becomes sore from using a carto for a good part of a day? My throat does not get sore from dd or vaping from a filled cart. Right now I use a straight PG 18mg, and have had no ill effects. Could it be that plastic inside that's combusting (I know that's not a real word) from the heat? I've read about only filling a carto a couple of times and tossing them, but then there's the video from Doc Vapor who says he uses them forever. Would appreciate feedback.

yah she saw my video yah if something doesn't seem right about them clean them and let them sit overnight. and if you just dont think its performing as well as you think it should toss it. i use mine all day ever day and i use 18mg PG also. i sometimes get a throat burn but not alot. it just happens every now and then. but im not sure if its the cartos. what flavor of juice are you using with it? i use RY4 and Menthol. but i use mine alot! i fill them probably more than 50 times before i throw them out.

If you dismantle a used carto I think you will see what is irritating your throat.All I have torn apart are singed or burnt pretty bad from those few puffs you take before you realise it is dry and refill.The filler also seems to be like the stuff analog filters is made of and you know what it is like to light one on the wrong en,.or am the only one .

Hi, thanks! I primarily use RY4 18 PG, along with other various flavors from a sampler. I've just ordered an RY4 80/20 mix. Another shout out to benjamin, I've had huge success in cleaning attys that were still producing lots of vapor and the taste improved. I ran them under a hot water faucet and then boiled them for a couple of minutes. They sat overnight. I'm not sure why I ignored the cleaning aspect for such a long time, but better late than never I guess. I did the same thing with three cartos I had been using. I'm almost certain that even though two of them (one passed away) were still popping and creating vapor, the filler is in fact burnt. I'll start a new one tomorrow and see what happens. I notice when I either dd or use a filled cart that is not lined up and that plastic starts to buckle and melt that will irritate my throat as well, and of course taste really crappy. Even though I coughed sporadically the first couple of days I started vaping using 24 VG, I haven't coughed hardly at all since then. I did smoke analogs for a looong time. benjamin, hope your tv arrived :)

If you dismantle a used carto I think you will see what is irritating your throat.All I have torn apart are singed or burnt pretty bad from those few puffs you take before you realise it is dry and refill.The filler also seems to be like the stuff analog filters is made of and you know what it is like to light one on the wrong en,.or am the only one .

ive sooo done that.... eeeew it was so bad...

Direct dripping is definatly good for at home and its something I do alot of, but recently I've been using cartos at the house too, it seems I dd with mega cartos like with attys just drop like 15 drops in the end with the threads and its been tasting fine, more th, and vape with a fresh battery.

Please... don't LET them go dry. It's not hard to tell when it's time to add to them! C'mon people! :thumbsup:

I got two 510 attys from my starter kit and they have been sitting dry (after I cleaned them) for a few days now, so should I store them if Im not using them right now with some liquid in a cart, if they stay dry do they stop working or taste burnt? let me know, thanks.

Dry attys are OK as long as you don't use them. Just make sure to lube it up if decide to use it again. You might wanna store the attys with a couple of drops of non-flavored e-juice.

• 3 weeks later...

I tried cartos for the first time yesterday and I'm hooked.

I feel the same way! I've been direct dripping for almost a month. I "HATED" using the cartridges after only a few days! Burnt taste most of the time. I have been using 510 cartomizers for a few days now and I love them! I don't know if I'll direct drip again. Maybe, but I love these cartomizers! The wrapped filler with the vertical coil just seems to work great IMO! One other thing I want to mention! I just noticed that you live in Pensacola! I love that city! A buddy and I drove there and stayed a while on vacation. I loved EVERYTHING about Pensacola! We were gonna move there until my buddy's Ex ended up pregnant! So I'm still here in Missouri! (Misery) :(

<--- Mega Carto addict here. They're just too handy. Vapor is less on avg, than other options available, but I really like the whistle tip and the many hours of trouble free vaping. :) In the same amount of time it takes to refill 2 or 3 days worth of regular 510 cartos, I can refill a week's worth of Mega's.

Drinking (sipping) lots of water is recommended with vaping PG especially. Vape, sip, repeat? lol.

Have you tried VG? or VG mix? (allergy possiblitys?)

Vape into the sunbeams to check your carto's... not only is sunbeam vaping the coolest ever... it'll let you know right away if any vapor lingers. If it lingers, it's not vapor. toss that carto!