Ego Questions

Firemanvape

Now I know that a lot of my questions have already been answered but in my experience the more questions that can be asked and answered in one thread the easier it is for future noobs to get the info they are looking for.

First off, I am a pack a day smoker currently.

And here is a list of the equipment I've ordered and my plans:

1 Joye eGo starter kit (2 batts, 2 attys, 2 cones, usb charger, wall adapter, and a few preloaded cartridges.)

1 inline 350mAh battery (vape while plugged in)

4 30ml bottles of nu-juice (100% PG, extra shot, 16mg-24mg nicotine, medium-aggressive TH)

My plans are to carry one full eGo and keep one set up with the inline batt in the car so I don't run down my personal batteries while driving (or whenever it's convenient to plug in). I plan on only vaping roughly 5 minutes at a time similar to the way I smoke now (ie. puff rate and how often I take a vape break)

Now for the questions:

#1 Do I need to go ahead and order a stock of empty cartridges?

#2 How long can I refill the preloaded ones for?(All I will have are the preloaded ones)

#3 Is it just the wick in the cartridge that goes bad?

#4 has anyone tried to find a suitable wick substitute for repacking cartridges?

#5 Is there any need to have the 2 eGo's or is it just a convenience thing?

#6 How many drops on average does it take to get the equivalent of an analog (avg. being 5 minutes)

#7 Is there any other "must have" equipment?

#8 Is there any thing you can think of that I need to know, remember, think about, plan for, or avoid?

Thank you all in advance, this whole vaping thing is a lot more complicated that I had anticipated but it seems like somewhat of a legitimate hobby.

i would buy double of what you think you need, much like when you're out camping and collecting firewood.

cartridges are a pain, they can flood your atty, leave juice inside that cant get to the atty.. etc

look into cartos, much better design, can be refilled, and are much cheaper to buy.

you can buy cartomizers for about $1 for blanks (not filled with juice) they can be purchased off the vapor talk store and work with your ego.

#2 How long can I refill the preloaded ones for?(All I will have are the preloaded ones)

the carts, as long as you want. the basic setup uses an attomizer and cartridge. the cart is just a plastic mouth piece with a place that the juice sits. the juice is held in with a filler that will remind you of cotton or fiberglass.

the coil actually goes bad, and that is located in the atomizer or bottom of a cartomizer.

#4 has anyone tried to find a suitable wick substitute for repacking cartridges?

the wick is in the atty, under the bridge, wrapped in a coil, the coil is the heating element.

as for the cartridges, people use the blue foam used for fish tank filters. here is an image of this product

f6481d3872edc9913e4e_1.jpg

for me, it's a messy thing to deal with. if i want something that holds juice i'll just do a cartomizer.

you wouldn't need two egos. you want at least 2 batteries, and 5 atomizers or cartomizers around at all times.

if you have the ability to order more, do it.

it's a good idea to have a PT (passthrough) so that way you don't need to always have a battery charged and vaping on

PTs are powered by a usb connection.

#6 How many drops on average does it take to get the equivalent of an analog (avg. being 5 minutes)

when vaping you're not going to end up vaping for 5mins and then put it down. pretty much what happens is you pick it up, vape a few times and then put it down.

that's one of the things i love about vaping, i don't feel required to finish what would feel like an entire smoke.

Q-tips, i'll end up being the only person ever to say that is a must have. people send me "dead" batteries for me to make mods with all the time. i haven't had but 2 dead ones in the 20 that i have received so far. most of these people never clean the battery threads and then it makes zero contact, or such a little bit that it cant power the device. after you are done using the ego clean the threads out, before charging clean the threads out. also clean your atty threads.

now if you are going to go diy with juice that's another story.

#8 Is there any thing you can think of that I need to know, remember, think about, plan for, or avoid?

this is a transition, not a sure fire stop as soon as you get the ego. if you're dieing for a cig, have one.. just don't keep smoking them like you normally would. the idea is to cut back, then stop the smoking. some just swap right away, but we aren't all idental when it comes to our needs.

planing, just keep extra stock of supplies around

avoid, don't go buying something before first asking if anyone has anything to say about it. that's how most people get burnt. though, they might hate something like a flavored juice, you might love it. so just take into consideration and then use a judgment call on it.

Much of the information is personal preference and habits. Many things are trial and error. you will find you will try different techniques along the way.

with vaping there are two options: 1. dripping. can get drip tips that make this easier. the end of the tip is open to allow direct dripping of liquid to the atomizer. If you are going to use carts, its handy to have a few extras. nothing urgent however.

you can essentially use the carts indefinitely. they will need to be replaced if the edges become too melted (happens occasionally) or if the cart is fitting too loosely.

The wick is actually fibers found in the atomizer. the cart filling is the only thing that needs to be changed or cleaned in the cart.

Personally I prefer the blue foam found at strictly ejuice. their site even has a diagram and instructions for using the blue foam. I have been through many, many types of filler and the blue foam has worked best for me. https://strictlyejui...dppdvcfn5ma7mo4

Many members prefer dripping and do not use cartridges/filler, others use cartomizers (atomizer/cartridge combination)--I use combination of carts and dripping. This is one of those areas you will have to try for yourself to see what works best for you.

you never know when a battery will decide to stop working. keeping the extra battery handy will save you the aggravation of being stuck with nothing to vape with. I love backups and then backups for my backups. the technology has improved greatly and the products are more reliable, but you never know when parts will stop working.

sorry no good answer for this one. I don't use my ego like a cigarette--I take a drag whenever the mood strikes me (frequently). my ego is rarely out of reach.

If you spend sometime on the forum, there is always something new and cool. I say again, backups are good to have around. sounds like you have enough to get you started and well under way.

There is a learning curve with learning to vape. be patient. Its not a cigarette--long, slow, gentle drags work best for throat hit and vapor production. You will discover soon enough how much better vaping is than smoking.

I hope the information helps. as you look around the forum you will find tons of information and how to videos.

Happy soon to be vaping

Jolly beat me to it.

Edited by kitsune

Great answers!:thumbsup:

Is there any other "must have" equipment?

With my eGo I must have a hankie for cleaning up ejuice because I direct drip. Whenever I take off the cone to change batteries there is ejuice on the atty and cone. After taking off the cone I wipe off the atty. When it is completely wiped off I roll up a corner of the hankie and pull it through the cone to get the ejuice inside the cone. I take off the atty then wipe off the atty connection and then I roll up a corner of the hankie to clean out the battery connection. When all ejuice is wiped off I reassemble my eGo with the fresh battery.

I also use the hankie for draining my atty at night. I lay the hankie on my desk. My atty has a drip tip on it so, I can have it drain without taking off a cart. I stand up the eGo cone on the hankie. I put the atty drip tip side down in the cone to hold it up and let it drain every night. In the morning I reassemble my eGo, add 3 to 5 drops, and grab a clean hankie.

I bought a bag of white hankies from Walmart. I can't remember the numbers but there are 7 to 13 hankies in a bag for under $10. I use a clean hankie every day and put a dirty one in the laundry basket every morning. I couldn't vape without my hankies.

I've found that 3 batteries are better to have on hand than just two. If you only have two batteries and one dies, you're stuck waiting for your one and only battery to charge with nothing to vape on. I have more than 3 eGo batteries now and that makes me feel quite secure. Keep more juice on hand than you think you'll need. You don't want to run low and panic that your new juice order won't get there in time. I have a rather big supply of juice on hand at all times and order again before I even come close to running out. You'll need several atomizers, too. They tend to die on you when you are least expecting it. In other words...plenty of backups!

Wow lots of good information! thank you!

However... with more information comes more questions :)

So, what is an eGo the way it is? I was under the impression that it was a cartomizer. I think I understand now that it is actually an atomizer??

and Carto's replace the cartridge and atomizer on the eGo?

Now with the having extras thing, should I alternate between my 2 eGo's to prolong their individual lives or should I just use one till it poops out and then swap? (I understand this is a personal preference answer and very subjective, just looking for opinions)

Anyways from what I have been reading Carto's are the more cost efficient way to go whereas the atty's are for the more discerning vapers. would you guys say this is true?

Oh and I purchased a passthrough battery for the car (I have a 12v to usb adapter) that I can also use in case of emergencies.

Thank you all again.

Ego is a battery with a 510 fitting. So you can place a 510 atty with a 510/901 cart on it, or the cartomizer which combines both the atty and the cart. I like a drip tip on top of the carto my wife uses, I drip. Not sure about the cost. Blank cartos are about $2 or less each. Atty about $10. I see with care a carto can get some good life out of it so maybe cheaper. The no leak/drip allure is pretty awesome. I'm 0mg so I'm going to try (again) medium resistance cartos to make things less messy for me. I hate the thought of giving up on my 901 low resistance atty so maybe not right now. I would swap, charging one, using the other, when one quits, buy two more.

Edited by FTJoe

I just got my ego in today and it is INCREDIBLE. You are very fortunate you didn't have to go through the hassle of ordering a cigarette looking ecig, overpaying, then having to deal with re ordering something better because this thing should be all you need. I started with the Esmoke pro and while I like it, it just did not perform the way I wanted it to. I will probably give it to my girlfriend or atleast one of my friends.

Personally I am only using the atomizers for dripping, and using cartomizers for my on the go vaping. I would personally reccomend you order a few 5 packs and give them a shot instead of doing the atty/cart method. Cartomizers are just where it's at for me personally but who knows, try both and then decide.

I will not even bother answering your questions because I am damn sure that with the 3 posters who just answered them you should have all the info you need.

Good luck, it takes some practice but once you get it down vaping completely destroys analog cigarettes.

No literally...I tried to take a hit off of one a few days after vaping and it tasted like garbage lol

Edited by bobthesalesclerk

I did purchase a cig looking ecig (the only thing I could find locally and instore.) and it didn't work at all...

From what I've gathered dripping with an atty uses up your juice a lot faster than cartridges and carto's.. is this true?

Does anyone have any idea on average how long carto will last? like how many ml's or how many refills, etc...

I did purchase a cig looking ecig (the only thing I could find locally and instore.) and it didn't work at all...

From what I've gathered dripping with an atty uses up your juice a lot faster than cartridges and carto's.. is this true?

Does anyone have any idea on average how long carto will last? like how many ml's or how many refills, etc...

I don't have any experience with how long the 510 cartos generally last but I have heard up to 10 refills with the average being around 4 or 5. Also dripping does use up juice faster, but the taste/vapor production is out of this world. I have my attys all set up for dripping and my cartos for all around use.

Also a standard 510 carto will hold up to about 1ML of juice(20 drops). That's all I could fit in mine with a refill, spin, refill, spin, refill.

Hope that helps.

Well I just received my eGo and passthrough battery today... about an hour ago.

Thanks to the passthrough I have already begun vaping! yay! I have basically just been dripping my atty and using the blank cartridge for a tip. I've found that 2 drops actually lasts longer than my craving.

When dripping should I just try to drip enough to vape or is it ok to leave a little left over till my next vape session?

And if I'm dripping now how much less is cartomizing going to hit me? honestly dripping is almost a little TOO much for me right now. i'm dripping 24mg (nicotine nirvana sent me about a 12ml free sample) and I can only handle like 1 vape a minute...

When dripping should I just try to drip enough to vape or is it ok to leave a little left over till my next vape session?

And if I'm dripping now how much less is cartomizing going to hit me? honestly dripping is almost a little TOO much for me right now. i'm dripping 24mg (nicotine nirvana sent me about a 12ml free sample) and I can only handle like 1 vape a minute...

I think vaping is a tailor fit, trial and error thing. It sounds like 24mg might be a bit high for ya, I usually drip 2-3, hit it about 6 times or so, and I'm good for 20 mins or so. However, I'm always hitting this thing even without cravings, just formed a new habit, LoL

It will take some time to figure out what works best for you. Try different strengths, different methods, cartoz, drip, filling carts, shorter drags, you'll find what works best for ya soon enough!

I always try to vape what I drip, to avoid any seepage while it's sitting. I noticed I don't get a good hit when juice is sitting between the batt and atty, and I'm always wiping both ends to keep them dry and clean as possible.

Well I just received my eGo and passthrough battery today... about an hour ago.

Thanks to the passthrough I have already begun vaping! yay! I have basically just been dripping my atty and using the blank cartridge for a tip. I've found that 2 drops actually lasts longer than my craving.

Hey man I would refer to these 2 videos if you're looking to drip. Makes a world of difference and it's easy. I did this to 4 attys yesterday(all of them still work)and it was my first time ever touching an atty.

&feature=related

• 2 weeks later...