Noob Question On E-Juice Flavors

michealprater

First off... let me say, I realize taste is subjective. I am looking for opinions more or less.

I have tried juices from two different places, and both times the flavors are very faint. They dont jump out and grab you. Let me say that my taste is very good. I have not been a heavy smoker for quite sometime, and vape as a hobby. I enjoy food like no ones business as cooking is one of my passions. My question is, am I expecting too much from flavored e-juice. It all kind of taste like tobacco flavor with just a tinge of cinnamon or peanut butter or strawberry, or what ever particular flavor. I was expecting strong taste. Am I expecting something that dont exist?

this is dependent on the supplier, your ecig model, and voltage.

i mix my own, sometimes people give me juice, and the only place i would advise getting any is diyflavorshack and vt (only suppliers i have tried).

they both have a nice amount of flavor.

your model can determin the amount of TH and taste you will get. i run with a 510 as it has a nice balance.

voltage, for the most part i only run 5v unless i am just waking up. stronge vapor production and taste.

i mix my own, sometimes people give me juice, and the only place i would advise getting any is diyflavorshack and vt (only suppliers i have tried).

your model can determin the amount of TH and taste you will get. i run with a 510 as it has a nice balance.

voltage, for the most part i only run 5v unless i am just waking up. stronge vapor production and taste.

I have an M402 and I am vaping 12mg from the vapor room.

I have the same problem most imported liquids are weak,I have found VaporTalk and Janty to have some of the strongest and best tasting imported liquid so far.VaporStation also has some really good strong tasty liquid I like .

Edited by mcquinn

Hi, I consider myself still pretty new to vaping. I passed the two month marker a week ago. I keep questioning whether my taste buds are worn out from smoking analogs for so many years. I started with 24 VG and now vape 18 PG from a variety of suppliers including a sampler pack. In the beginning also ejuice flavors stood out, but now many of the flavors just seem bland. As I vape longer with a flavor it seems to fade. Wondering if it's my tongue, the familiarity, the atty, etc.

Hi, I consider myself still pretty new to vaping. I passed the two month marker a week ago. I keep questioning whether my taste buds are worn out from smoking analogs for so many years. I started with 24 VG and now vape 18 PG from a variety of suppliers including a sampler pack. In the beginning also ejuice flavors stood out, but now many of the flavors just seem bland. As I vape longer with a flavor it seems to fade. Wondering if it's my tongue, the familiarity, the atty, etc.

Sounds like my problem. Most of the time my juice tastes like I'm just vaping VG. It takes away from the enjoyment. I used to have a not enough nic and vapor problem. Those problems are solved but now I have a flavor problem.

i find if i stick to one flavor to long i cant taste it.

my theory is simular to when you sit in a room with some scent burning or going and you cant smell it but others can that enter the room.

you're used to it so in order to taste it again you need to swap out for something else.

Jolly hit the nail on the head. E-cig model and voltage make a significant difference. I started out with a 510 and the flavor was very faint. I then moved onto a Tornado and the flavored intesified. Today, I got my Silver Bullet going and the same juice I have been using tastes remarkably different. The flavor really stands out! I have been vaping some chocolate fudge brownie and I'll be damned if it doesn't taste like I am eating a chocolate fudge brownie. But also as Jolly said, juice also matters. Some juice taste better at lower voltage and some taste better at higher voltage. I have found the majority of my 30 some juices to taste better at the higher voltage. Except for the Juicy Vapor Bacon flavor, that always taste like crap! :veryangry:

Edited by BreakingBad

I know, for me, the game changer was when I finally got a variable voltage device and started dialing in cartos. Wow, what a huge increase in flavor and vapor! I'm in vaping heaven. :thumbsup:

what is a good variable voltage device and where can I get a sweet deal on one?

Sounds like my problem. Most of the time my juice tastes like I'm just vaping VG. It takes away from the enjoyment. I used to have a not enough nic and vapor problem. Those problems are solved but now I have a flavor problem.

my issue exactly....most juices just taste like VG with more of an essence than a flavor.

I have used vaporbomb and freedomsmokesusa juices. cinnabomb from vb does seem to have a flavor.

Also noticed many are not really sweet, butterscotch/ vanilla/ etc.

my issue exactly....most juices just taste like VG with more of an essence than a flavor.

I have used vaporbomb and freedomsmokesusa juices. cinnabomb from vb does seem to have a flavor.

Also noticed many are not really sweet, butterscotch/ vanilla/ etc.

Also, I can taste the nic.

exactly -- esp at the 24mg level, maybe 18 as well, 12 not so much

this does kinda lose some of the "fun" aspect with all the flavors out there.

i also switched to 80/20 p/v in an effort to "call" out the flavors a bit more, but alas no go.

try the cinnabomb and green apple from VB

exactly -- esp at the 24mg level, maybe 18 as well, 12 not so much

this does kinda lose some of the "fun" aspect with all the flavors out there.

i also switched to 80/20 p/v in an effort to "call" out the flavors a bit more, but alas no go.

try the cinnabomb and green apple from VB

By 80/20 do you mean 80% PG and 20% VG? What did you switch from? I have been vaping 50/50 PG/VG Pina Colada at 48 mg so, I would have to decrease my nic to 30 mg to buy from VB. Their prices are tempting though. How much do you pay for shipping?

yea 80pg/20vg

we started at 50/50 but i wanted to test out the variations so i went 60-70vg, now coming into 60-70pg instead -- finding very little significant difference.....a difference yes but minimal........the internet is funny, one person says something and it is easy to see it as meaningfull.......in truth water still finds its level.

first class is 3.95

upgrade to priority 1.00

so for 4.95 i can order on a monday and have it wed/thurs

no wonder you can taste nic - at 48mg i would be tanked.......lol

Edited by pepper

Dang Schizo--thats some serious nic....

Whatever it takes !!!

I vape almost nonstop and it doesn't even feel serious. It may become serious as I get older though. It could probably give me a heart attack. So, it would be a good idea to try to cut back. It will be hard. I guess I'm the nic version of a crackhead.

I vape almost nonstop and it doesn't even feel serious. It may become serious as I get older though. It could probably give me a heart attack. So, it would be a good idea to try to cut back. It will be hard. I guess I'm the nic version of a crackhead.

ultimately its whatever works. pot of coffee or shots of expresso......

I would take 48mg over smoking any day !!!

Micheal--I am glad you have found a flavor and strength that is working for you. It really does make all the difference. read your review--very nice. many are looking for the tobacco flavors. nice to know there is a decent one out there.