Coughing On The Morning First Hit?

Anybody else ever notice that the first hit you take from your PV in the morning makes you cough like the end of the world?

Does this go away after an extended time using a PV?

Every morning I sit there and stare at the thing and dread that first hit.. then I take it and nearly cough up a lung, then I'm good to go after. Maybe it's because my body is used to 15 years of an analog smoke first thing in the morning?

It's definitely not how I hit it, I hit the thing all day long and even right now, and no coughing.

Anybody else ever notice that the first hit you take from your PV in the morning makes you cough like the end of the world?

Does this go away after an extended time using a PV?

Every morning I sit there and stare at the thing and dread that first hit.. then I take it and nearly cough up a lung, then I'm good to go after. Maybe it's because my body is used to 15 years of an analog smoke first thing in the morning?

It's definitely not how I hit it, I hit the thing all day long and even right now, and no coughing.

At the end of the day, Try to turn your atty upside down on a paper towel and let it drain. Then, in the morning drip 3 drops and vape and see if this helps any.

The first hits morning hits are still a whopper for me too unless I start with zero or next to zero nicotine. Your experiencing it with gusto though and I agree with the poster that said you might want to get a check-up. Until your appt, try some zero nic first thing in the morning and see if that helps?

I do still cough sometimes after my first vape "drag" in the morning. Not everyday but sometimes. I see it as your lungs being at a restful state from sleeping and then getting the heated first burn of last nights juice in the atty. (like FTJoe said) the concentration of that sitting juice.

Sign me up on the FTJoe bandwagon too. It hasn't made me cough up a lung but that first hit can sure be a doozy in the morning. I think those that suggested a couple fresh drops are spot on for this one. Good luck!

Mark had the best suggestion, it'll cut down on the crud and help keep the atty clean. I usually do it during the day. Turn it over, battery side up, I blow it out a little and let the crap come out. There's also a dry burning method ddave can talk about that I use all the time as well.

Now where's that bandwagon?

I coughed on the first hit or two nearly EVERY time, not just in the morning. But, it is getting better. I couldn't understand it. I've smoked analogs for 25 years and coughing has never been an issue at all. Then I get my Magmas in a couple of weeks ago to work on switching to vaping, and all of a sudden coughing was horrible every time for the first few drags. Now it's bad sometimes after the first hit or two, sometimes not so bad, and sometimes not at all. I don't know, maybe just the body adjusting to something new?