How's Your Joye510 Holding Up?

So it's been a few weeks now and I'm still amazed at how well the 510 is built, I've yet to have any battery issues and it's still vapeing pretty good although not quite as much vapor as when I first got it.

The only down I've noticed is a funny taste. But that seems to happen with all ecigs. So hows your 510 holding up?

Funny... I was thinking of starting a thread asking the very same question, Chris.

I got my 510, what... almost a month ago. I tend to like the penstyles better, but the atty's do seem to crap out a lot. I had two 801 atty's die in the past week. They seem generally NOT very durable, and it can be a pain to find them available sometimes... like tonight, f'rinstance. I had to search for an hour or better locating 801 atty's at a decent price. <_<

But my little 510 is still on the original atty. One of the batts died within a week, and I hobbled along on one batt, using the 510 as a secondary ecig. I just got a second 510 batt from Parker, and now intend to lean more heavily on the 510 for a few days to see if I can kill the atty. Will report.

If we learn that the 510 is really the workhorse in terms of durability it seems to be, I'll have to rethink my preference to the 801s.

So it's been a few weeks now and I'm still amazed at how well the 510 is built, I've yet to have any battery issues and it's still vapeing pretty good although not quite as much vapor as when I first got it.

The only down I've noticed is a funny taste. But that seems to happen with all ecigs. So hows your 510 holding up?

try replacing the cartridge filler with tea bags. it seems to work better than the regular polyester filling it came in. it solved the harshness/funny taste, gives a smoother vape, and wicks out the juice better if stuffed properly.

try replacing the cartridge filler with tea bags. it seems to work better than the regular polyester filling it came in. it solved the harshness/funny taste, gives a smoother vape, and wicks out the juice better if stuffed properly.

Tea Bags? That's a new one on me.... I need to figure that out... I need our resident researcher.... Where is the 'Princess' when you need her!! :lol:

I've had my 510 for a couple of days and have used it alot more than my 901(which is resting comfortably in it's box)The 510 puts alot more vapor than I thought it would, using either the manual or automatic batteries,though I prefer the manual switch cause I can tailor the amount of vapor I get. The usb is excellent especially with the inline battery. It seems I have to charge the batteries more often than I thought I would have to.I followed the charging instructions but still only seem to get about 2 1/2 to 3 hours from the automatic and about 30 or 45 mins more from the manual battery. If mine keeps working the way it is now I doubt if I'll go back to my 901 unless I have no other choice.

I just got mine (from Eastmall instead of Truesmoker... sorry JD, that was a mistake) and so far I'm having trouble getting used to it. Pushing a button and inhaling is apparently too complicated for me :wacko:

Looks like 901 carts, yes?

ETA - Put some TrueSmoker "truesmoke" juice in it, vaping like crazy now!

I haven't had any major problems with Eastmall, except they haven't been very good at sending the liquid I ordered (three orders of 5 bottles, two of the orders had at least one flavor wrong)

I made that comment because JD at Truesmoker is a good guy and I'd rather deal with him any day. Great liquids too, but I wanted to try some of the wild flavor David has. Rose, Litchi, things like that (both are good, btw. just not up to the greatness of JD's Honeydew, Blackberry, or Truesmoke flavors)

I'm getting used to the 510, still occasionally forget to push the button but not often. Does anyone else think that flavors are a bit muted through it? Not nearly as bad as a 601 but while there's way more vapor with a 510, at least with my 901/801's I can tell what juice I have in there. Maybe it's just me, I don't know (I ordered this on a whim, just to see what the big deal was).

No I agree with you, although the flavor is good, it's not as good as in a 801. I mentioned this in another thread and a few member disagreed.

That's why nothing has yet to replace the Penstyle although the 510 comes VERY close.

Ive had mine 6 weeks now and it is still crankin... I also clean them once a week.. The 2 joye510s are working good.. The dura C -- the white atomizer is good but the black one went south. Janty is sending a new one.. So it is all good...

Got my 510 from Eastmall and have had not probs to speak of... ( damn fast shipping too ) I did splurge for the 2 extra batts and a pass thru... Just wish the carts were bigger... I've dripped on a few attys and had probs within a few days of doing so... I stick to filling carts and have had no noticeable drop in vapor production... and no funny taste either... trying to cut away the filling to make room for more juice... seems to be helping... Need to make a 10ml continuous bottle feed for these guys and I'd be good to go! :D

Tea Bags?  That's a new one on me.... I need to figure that out... I need our resident researcher.... Where is the 'Princess' when you need her!! :lol:

Yep I am a teabag fan,  Just take any teabag snip off the end with the string attached.  Unfold it and empty the tea.  Now you should have a tube of empty teabag (4"x2" aprox).  cut about 1/2"-3/4" (depending on the type of cartridge) off of the end so you should have a piece about 1/2" x 2" roll it loosely and stick it in the cartridge and load 'er up.

But alas I have moved on from teabags also.  NOW using felt square from craft store.  Any craft store has what are called felt squares.  About the size of a normal 8 1/2"x11" piece of paper.  Price varies from $.20 to $.50 such a deal.  I cut a 1/2" by length of cart, fold it once and stick that puppy in.  Works like a champ!! and not a lot of fussing with - just need to determine the size that works for your cart.  one fold in half is certainly the right thickness.

• 2 weeks later...

I'm a little late to this thread but here's my thoughts.

The atomizers -- My very first 510 atomizer is still going strong. I vape 50/50 Glycerin/Liquid, so I have to clean my atomizer out every week. Dripping with glycerin and liquid cut as thick as I like it, builds up. Hot water, ethyl alcohol, and my atomizers are back in tip top shape. I ABUSE my atomizers, constant use, I get 'em cooking all day long. Going through 5-8ml of thickened liquid a day, it's tough work for any atomizer, imho.

After almost 9 weeks, my oldest atomizer started to have an acrid, metallic taste to it, so much so that I almost have to keep it flooded to avoid it. Same thing for my oldest 306 atomizers. For me, vapor production over the past 2 months has decreased, if I had to guestimate... about 30%. In other words, after about 2 months, my atomizer is at about 70% when cleaned. However, I use glycerin to cut my liquid, and that may skew my results. I imagine if using straight liquid, drop in vapor would be more pronounced.

The batteries -- They have been holding up quite well. However, the gold coupling brassiness is coming off, and there's signs of oxidation. I find that I have to clean the couplings on the atomizer and batteries more often now that they're older. Seems carbon build up is the culprit. I clean them with a Q-tip and some ethyl alcohol. My oldest 510 manual batts, seems to last just as long as they always did. They seem to take a bit longer to charge though... My oldest chargers are still working good too.

The finish -- Despite the tarnishing of the brassy parts, the overall finish is still intact. It seems to absorb the oils from your hands but there's no scratches (even from my keys in my pocket at the same time) and the finish is cleaned easily.

Overall -- I'd say that the 510 holds up pretty well to abuse. I'd think the manual switch would be the first thing to break but it's still as responsive as the day I bought it. A lot more durable than I'd expect out of an e-cig but it also makes me wonder how people can burn out an atomizer in a couple of days.

I'm new enough (only two weeks) to not yet be certain which of the elements is the problem when I have a drop in vapor. Mostly, my 510's (two of them that I vape equally) have been incredibly trouble-free and satisfying.

Okay, so let's call it the #2 510, was poor on vapor. I filled up the cartridge, but then started thinking maybe it was the atomizer that was the problem. Just to test it, I put that #2 cartridge on #1 atty-and-batt and got better vapor. But that might have been due to some liquid on #1 atty. (It's hard to be perfectly scientific in my testing and noting results.)

I had cleaned #1 atty after the first week, and just cleaned #2 atty, and now I think it's all cool -- cooking with gas (whatever that used to mean).

And a big part of why I get satisfying vapor, I think, is the rolled-up teabag paper -- it is awesome!

So that's all I can say for a progress report on my two 510's. I don't know what kinds of problems other models have, but the 510's sure seem reliable if you take care of them.

kathy