Ouch! I Spent How Much?

got my credit card bill today. I got carried away on ecig stuff. I wish I knew now what I did before I went on a shopping frenzy. I needed stay away from forums and youtube videos. I now know what I like and don't like. And I realize which eliquids I like and didn't like. And the spare parts I could have done without. Oh well, you live and learn. Maybe I can go and sell some stuff on classifieds that I don't need.

The damage is $388, maybe close to $400 because I made a couple more small purchases that wasn't on this statement

In the long run, I hope it's cheaper, on cigs alone I spent 9.14 a day. That's close to $475.

I know my bank account is slowly depleating myself, It seems like you have to keep ordering bcuz If this whole ecig thing gets banned you want to be stocked up or suffer the pain of going back to analogs, I can't belive I smoked a couple tonight, must of been the beer.... :closed:

In the long run it is cheaper than smoking. Smoking will cost you your life. How much is your life worth?

Very true. Once you get it down, costs go down significantly. Problem is buy a pack of cigs at the 7-11 is easy each day, spending money on something being shipped and invoiced is a little painful. But usually what you end up getting for $100 will replace many many packs.

well i figured out if you spent money on two packs of cigs a day where i live it would come to around 400 or so bucks a month. and you never thought about it like that but with vaping once you get used to it you wont be spending near that much. and yah i agree my life is worth alot more than 400 bucks. almost all the money i get goes to e-cig stuff. and i love it!

I have been vaping for just over a year and I still spend $35.00 to $70.00 every two weeks.You have to keep plenty of liquid and replacement carto's or atties and then the killer is batteries.All batteries go bad eventually and need replaced.Just try to space things out and don't wait until you are in crisis mode and you can keep the cost reasonable.Another thing that keeps cost down is don't fall for the latest fad.You would not beleive how many "greatest last PV you will ever need" devices have come out in the year I have been at this.The testimonials are the same for them all .I have found that you can get what you need from just about any ecigg.some just require a little more attention than others.It is well worth sticking to ,I am pulling for you all.

I have been vaping for just over a year and I still spend $35.00 to $70.00 every two weeks.You have to keep plenty of liquid and replacement carto's or atties and then the killer is batteries.All batteries go bad eventually and need replaced.Just try to space things out and don't wait until you are in crisis mode and you can keep the cost reasonable.Another thing that keeps cost down is don't fall for the latest fad.You would not beleive how many "greatest last PV you will ever need" devices have come out in the year I have been at this.The testimonials are the same for them all .I have found that you can get what you need from just about any ecigg.some just require a little more attention than others.It is well worth sticking to ,I am pulling for you all.

Haha! That is so true.

"FIRST ADJUSTABLE VOLTAGE PV!"

"FIRST PV MADE OUT OF TREE BARK!"

"FIRST PV WITH A STUN GUN ATTACHMENT!"

I worried about how much I was spending in the beginning, too, but I'm now on the saving end and saving big. And all the supplies I have will last a long time. But even if I wasn't saving, my health is so much better now that it would be worth the money spent.

I know how it is. You wait till you get close to running out of something then it's hit the stores. Load up again and then when you look at the bill you go Holy S..t! did I spend that much. In truth we are probably spending a lot less than we did when we were smoking, but since we did it daily and not all at once we just never noticed it as much.

Plus vaping is a lot more fun! :thumbsup:

I think I'm actually finally in the saving money stage after 3 months! But I also made sure that I didn't spend more money on E cig stuff than I would in smokes a month. I may be going back in the negative soon tho! You never know when the next gotta have gadget will catch my eye!!! LOL whistle.gif

I am so satisfied with my Joye 510 and the eGo I ordered from Janty. Now it just seems to be ordering replacement batteries and attys. I did in the beginning get caught up with the ejuice of the month, but when all is said and done, the flavoring in ejuice is somewhat of a fleeting experience imo. I now have my faves, and unless something will strike my fancy or I want to experiment, I make every attempt to reign it in. I knew how much I was spending on reservation cigarettes per month (which was way less than many were and are paying for store bought). I try to keep my pv backup stock around that figure per month. I haven't done a breakdown, but I know I spent more initially. It was just so exciting and too much fun! I believe common sense kicks in after a while. I already know I won't be tempted by tree bark or a stun gun attachment! LOL!

Finding the stuff you like and getting enough to get by gets pricey at first now I use up $10 worth of juice a week and 2-4 cartos at $2 a piece and I get new batts every couple of months so as long as I dont spend $200 a month I am ahead!!! I usually spend less than half and with my stock getting high sometimes order nothing in a calender month!!! I order big orders and use discount codes to save more so I can take advantage of sales..It took me 5-6 months of trial and error to find my Favs and the best deals on those...It was worth it and if I have a light budget one month I get a new thing to try here and there...

I smoked a pack and a half a day. That didn't used to be too bad until about a year ago, all cigarette companies stopped doing buy one get one free. Two packs per day in PA is about $10.50. And that's cheap I know compared to you folks in New York, and Jersey, and west coast. I also always used marlboro coupons and bought $1 off specials when I could.

So I've been a vapor for one month now. I've bought 6 packs of cigarettes, and spent $150 total on E-Cig supplies. (And I'm only through one bottle out of 3 bottles of liquid, have 2 backup attys, 3 batteries, one eGo, and about 20 carts) Next month I imagine I'll have to spend alot less on supplies, and maybe cut down on the analogs some too. But in the first month, I've already saved about $90. And they're talking about raising cig tax again ALREADY. My finances say that next month I'll save the equivalent of an ENTIRE month's rent for me. That's awesome.

I used my savings to buy starcraft II collector's edition this month :D

Hubby capped me at 20 bucks less than we were spending on cigs each payday. It's been difficult because I'm still in back-up stocking stage, which seems to take forever and tons of money and I always need 100 bucks more to the budget lol... but and here's the cool BUT... with the 20 bucks less each payday since I've switched to vaping hubby was able to purchase me a LAPTOP for my bday!!! I'm so stoked!!! Now all I need is a deep-cell (super deep, not marina deep) solar battery and I'll be set. ... well, and a propane fridge, and a truck, and and and omg the ands so suck, but we're getting there!!! Well, almost getting there... I still need to get my twisted t-tips, wetbox, wetbox cartos, 901 cartos, (got the attachment!!), .... oh why oh why did i start this list, it's so never ending!