Drake

Naw, I listen to REAL old hip hop, like old Wu-Tang, Mobb Deep, Rakim, Kool G Rap, Nas, 2pac, BIG, to name a few, My honest opinion I dont like Drake or Lil wayne and the ringtone rappers, Im down with the uderground stuff, poetical lyricism over the beats, I just cant put in a drake CD and start with the first track and listen to it, like I can with Wu-Tang, as far as mainstream emcees the only one I listen to is eminem...............

This is the lounge, right? I'm old school, real old school, blues and R&B and real jazz. About 2:50 in Ray says what I've always felt.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BsiCt6TxhJs

I think Ray also had another comment...Rap, rhyming, I was rhyming since I was 6.

Muddy waters, howlin wolf, john lee hooker, oh yeah. Don't mean to 'p' on the parade...

Edited by FTJoe

FTJoe: yeah dude I dig old r&b, jazz, classic rock, I grew up on that s**t, thats all my mom played while i was growing up, old skool rocks man, I dont like all this new garbage coming out!!!! I love Ray Charles even with him being a Herion addict....We are all addicts to nicotine, alcohol, prescriptions, HELL there might even be a dope fiend on this forum somewhere, who cares, bcuz as humans on earth we are all creatures of habit....its just natural...

Edited by BEERCITYVAPRZ

• 2 weeks later...

Naw, I listen to REAL old hip hop, like old Wu-Tang, Mobb Deep, Rakim, Kool G Rap, Nas, 2pac, BIG, to name a few, My honest opinion I dont like Drake or Lil wayne and the ringtone rappers, Im down with the uderground stuff, poetical lyricism over the beats, I just cant put in a drake CD and start with the first track and listen to it, like I can with Wu-Tang, as far as mainstream emcees the only one I listen to is eminem...............

Up until 2 months ago I would have said the same exact thing...but I've fallen for SOME commercial rap. Gucci Mane, Lil Wayne, Jeezy...ect. While I always said the old school is where it's at for some reason I have been listening to almost primarily commercial rap lately...it's wierd.

Drake on the other hand. THe first time I heard him was at the Grammys with Lil Wayne, Em, and Kanye. I was so stoked for his full length but when it dropped all the singing through me off. I listened to it once and havn't picked it back up. His rhymes are damn good, stick with em and put down the auto tune.