Day 1: The Beginning

LexVexed

Today has become a new day for me! My 510 came in the post this morning and I was BEYOND excited. I charged it and waited for the hours to pass and that red light turned green. Then I took the first pull on that new way of life. It ended in a series of coughs. I tried again, more coughing. The day went on and I tried off and on all day. Still more coughing. Is there something I'm doing wrong? I thought I had a handle on the beginning steps, but this coughing is, well, different. I definitely feel like a noob all over again!

Beyond that, I've had only one analog smoke today! Once I get this coughing thing under control, life will be awesome!

Thanks VT! You've given me a new way to look at things.

(apologies for the randomness and possible redundant questioning)

-Lex

Welcome,don't give up it gets real good.Don't try to inhale straight into your lungs ,get a mouthful then inhale.Sometimes the atties have some funky stale preservative in them you have to burn through to get to the good stuff.

Thanks for the responses everyone!

So far, it's been slow going but I have fallen in love with my PV. Took some getting used to and playing around with flavors, yet I am now happily vaping. I've even got several friends interested. One has actually placed an order! I really appreciate the advice you all gave. Thanks again!

I'm off to order more vaping supplies. I know I'm gonna need it all!

Thanks!

-Lex

Grats! As every day passes, you will wonder more and more why you smoked in the first place. Your sense of smell will come back, your lung capacity will raise, your stamina will be greater and you will just feel so much better.

Oh... and after a few months, the black stuff you cough up will slowly start changing to clear. :)

Good luck and welcome to the world of vaping!

BoxModMan

Hey Lex, glad you made it through. I coughed quite a bit the first day or so and then when I had the inhaling down on my 510, the coughing stopped. I was also lightheaded and headachey for a few days as well. I started at 24mg VG, now I vape 18mg PG. I have to say that I'm probably going to go back to 24 because I get a better TH with 24 and will do a VG/PG mix. I'm a little over the two month mark and am loving vaping still. Good luck!

I too, remember coughing alot in the beginning. I was even dizzy at first. It took me a few days to adjust and after that I was lovin it. You will too. Another thing to just keep in mind, sometimes PG liquids pose a problem with certain people. I know I can't vape PG without constantly clearing my throat, having a very dry throat and feeling like I'm not getting the nicotine. I use only VG based liquids. Just a thought to keep in mind if your coughing doesn't let up.

You'll love this, you really will. So many flavors and parts to try.

Good luck

Today has become a new day for me! My 510 came in the post this morning and I was BEYOND excited. I charged it and waited for the hours to pass and that red light turned green. Then I took the first pull on that new way of life. It ended in a series of coughs. I tried again, more coughing. The day went on and I tried off and on all day. Still more coughing. Is there something I'm doing wrong? I thought I had a handle on the beginning steps, but this coughing is, well, different. I definitely feel like a noob all over again!

Beyond that, I've had only one analog smoke today! Once I get this coughing thing under control, life will be awesome!

Thanks VT! You've given me a new way to look at things.

(apologies for the randomness and possible redundant questioning)

-Lex

I went through a coughing hell when I started vaping. Right after I started I caught H1N1. Vaping and H1N1 don't mix. I hope you don't get the dry cough that wakes you up in the middle of the night. That is the worst cough. Anyway, keep it up. The cough will go away.

Thanks for the responses everyone!

So far, it's been slow going but I have fallen in love with my PV. Took some getting used to and playing around with flavors, yet I am now happily vaping. I've even got several friends interested. One has actually placed an order! I really appreciate the advice you all gave. Thanks again!

I'm off to order more vaping supplies. I know I'm gonna need it all!

Thanks!

-Lex

Good news!!

Yes, you're going to need it all. And then some!

That's so strange ... I don't recall ever having a "coughing fit" when I first started vaping. I rarely cough at all since I've started vaping either... but I've darn sure had some sore throats!!! :wallbash:

The funny thing is... several of my friends have asked if they could try one out. I get everything set up and explain how to inhale one them properly. Next thing I know... COUGHING FIT! And these people are all smokers... one buddy even smokes Marlboro Reds like they're not going to be available any more or something!! I don't get why everyone coughs up a lung when they first try it!! It must just be that different feeling of vapor vs. analog smoke? Nic strength? PG/VG? Other flavorings?

Anyway, I just found it odd that SMOKERS have "coughing fits" from their e-cigs. I've never had any problems with that part... in fact, they seem even "weaker" than analogs to me. :iiam:

Edited by DAYVAPE

With some smokers they cough like crazy, I usually switch out to regular cartos on an ego or 510 and then they say its nice. Weird, my sister was visiting and I was convinced she didn't inhale cigarettes but she did. But she was only coughing a little on the ego/regular carto. Could not take a 510 atty. Forgot to mention it was a tobacco flavor from wordup at 11mg. Too much nic and they might cough as well. If I had 0 I would have mixed it and tried that.

Edited by FTJoe

Ah shucks... I even have some 0 nic I coulda tried. I totally forgot I even had it... it was one of those freebies a vendor threw in one time. I'm just glad that I never had to go through any coughing spells when I made the switch! :thumbsup:

i have been vaping for a month or so and i have to ease into vaping during different parts of the day.

first thing in the morning

after eating

after working out

vaping at those times can and does make me cough and i have to ease into it.

I dont cough at any other time (ie middle of the night etc), i think it just the TH.

I get a cough if I vape too much. Its a dry cough and not productive ( ie.. no phlegm :D )

thats me -- and i do vape all the time (pretty much have a pv in my hand all day right up to bedtime like a security blanket)

i try to drink water and and have been more mindful to kinda swish it about my mouths with every drink. side bonus on all this is the my oral hygine has improved as well....lol

I would try lowering the nic or a cartomizer which will cool things off considerably. Actually, if you want to discuss open a new thread up as I see I have hijacked this one and that is not fair to the thread starter.

done - sry

From the original post:

"Then I took the first pull on that new way of life. It ended in a series of coughs. I tried again, more coughing. The day went on and I tried off and on all day. Still more coughing. Is there something I'm doing wrong? I thought I had a handle on the beginning steps, but this coughing is, well, different. I definitely feel like a noob all over again!

Beyond that, I've had only one analog smoke today! Once I get this coughing thing under control, life will be awesome!"

Coughing is still on topic. :)