510 Battery Dying

right, so as the topic says, my batteries are broken, or near broken. one's light no longer works, but the battery still gives me juice. the second one is just kaput. the blue led is always on, but dim. is this a catastrophic malfunction with the one, while the other the light just burned out?i believe im still under a 6 month warranty that came with it... what do i do?

I would suggest you contact the supplier ASAP and verify that they are still under warranty. I liked the lights on my batteries, I wouldn't be happy if they didn't work. Luckily, if they are not still covered under a warranty they are fairly inexpensive.

lol i actually bought it from right here. bought it in april. the battery, now that i have rechecked it and let it charge, glows blue, but doesnt seem to want to hold a charged. the light is dim, and when i let it go it flashes at me, telling me that its dead. the otherone works fine, but im missin that blue light. and only having one batt sucks...

Yes, having only one batt sucks. That's why I say...well, you know...backups, backups, backups. The batts just don't last forever and things go wrong and you just need backups. Order more. Quick!!

would, but the store is out...

Yes, having only one batt sucks. That's why I say...well, you know...backups, backups, backups. The batts just don't last forever and things go wrong and you just need backups. Order more. Quick!!

Nana! The queen of backups. I have taken your words to heart the last few weeks, and I now have enough back ups to last me through a majoy world disaster! Thanks. :thumbsup:

You're welcome!

I think we've probably all learned the hard way about having enough backups.

:thumbsup:Nana;

How many backups do you have? I have my supplies shipped to my work because my husband would "kill" or at least gripe at me for how many I have.

you should always have 4 extra "new/working" batteries that aren't in rotation, imo.

if they are the stick batteries i advise having 4 in rotation.

8 total at min.

because of the turn over rate of those types of batteries and the amount of charging involved i "had" to go to 10440 and 14500s.

a single 14500 will give you about 8-12hrs on one charge. having just two batteries is enough, though i have 4.

also have 2 10440s for my other stuff.

I love backups !!! (and new stuff....)

I have plenty (not sure anymore)--but still always need to order an atty or two and a battery or two each month (even when I don't need it)

The thought of running out of supplies makes me very, very anxious !!!