Flavor Separating From Vg

Brian

Figured I'd start trying some of the other flavors I have. Mixed up a batch using Tangerine, Mallow and a splash of Lemon-Lime. Used all VG. I gave it a good shake and left it to sit for a bit, and when I looked at it again there was a layer of orange color on top. Shook it up again and a few minutes later it had done the same thing. Third time - same thing. I can actually sit and watch the orange colored layer forming on top.

I'm going to leave it over night, but I suspect I'll still see that orange layer in the morning. Is there any way to prevent this from happening? Will diluting the VG with distilled water help? I reckon I'll try a batch with PG also and see what happens.

The tangerine smells really good!

I think the tangerine is just thinner than the vg so it rises to the top. Not to worry, I've made some that do that also. I just shake it a little each time before I use it.

its cuz your flavor is oil.. its really hard to mix with and most the time will always separate. SOME times u can cut it with pga really hard and cook it and it will fix it.. most of the time this never works and is a huge pain in the ***..i never buy flavors with oil in them,, they seem to mess your atty up and as u can see suck to mix with :(

Tangerine Flavor

oil based - no PG or VG

bright true natural tangerine oil

i always go with water soluble.. always read the description

hope this helps

<3 ROOR

Ahh - Thanks Roor. Didn't notice that in the description. Thought all the PA flavors were water soluble. I'll have to check the rest of my PA flavors and see if any others are oil based.