Usb Passthrough Plugged In Ac Outlet

I read on here somewhere that you get more true of a 5v vape if you plug your usb 5v PT into a wall jack instead of the computer. Well, I just tried to and the friggin cord isn't long enough to reach my wall and sit and my computer. The jack is only under the desk too. If I keep my head under the desk, I can do it but, well, not too comfy. So then I tried an extension cord and I get the led but no vapor. Does anyone use an extension cord where it works?

Update: I tried plugging it into a jack directly and I still get no vapor. I assume people are using the usb ac adapter with these, right?

Edited by LoriHNC

I am not sure what you are plugging into,but there are 5 volt AC to usb power supplies and if you get one rated 2 amps or 2000 millamps you should get the maximum potential from your atty.It would not make any diff. if you plug the power adapter into a 110 volt extension cord.I doubt if any computer usb ports can deliver the amperage to get full heat from one.I use a 5 volt power supply from an old network hub and I cut a usb extension in half and used half on the power supply and the other half to build a passthrough.I only use the passthroughs with the inline battery on my computers as I tripped an overload in my work computer with a 5 volt passthrough.

I run mine through my surge protector.......and it works. not tried a standard extention cord.

I'm sure somebody will be along with a better answer. cool.gif

Thats where I tried it, in my surge protector. Let me try another jack.

i had a bunch of problems with my passthroughs and sometimes you had to take the atty off before you plugged it in or you had to have the atty on before you plugged it in. or you had to plug in the usb cord then attach the passthrough to it. or i had to plug it in all as a whole. hope this makes sense.

The surge protecter will be fine they are rated for 15 amps @110 volts.You can gaet a usb extension cord from computer supply houses and use that to extend your reach from an outlet.

Weird...

I tried my 3.7v PT and that one works. The 5v works at the computer but not connected to the usb AC plug adapter. The adapter is 500 mAh 5v it says. Shouldn't that pull enough for the PT? I mean, I got this AC adapter from Madvapes so it's been used for e cigs

500 mAh is a 1/4 of what you need 2000 mAh or greater for 5 volts

ahhh! or in this case mAh! I didn't know I needed a special sized AC adapter. I just bought the one they had. Now to find the larger mAh. Thank you McQuinn

Just to clarify you are looking at ma's ( miliamps) not mah's ( miliamp hours) when looking at adapters. You will look at mah's when it comes to batteries. :)

The More You Know ;)

This is the one at madvapes I think I pointed you to, not sure they even have another.

http://www.madvapes.com/2-amp-AC-to-USB-Adapter-ideal-for-Passthroughs_p_2357.html

That is 2000mah or 2amps. Should e what you are using. You took a trip there though, right? If you picked it up there, its the wrong one. Only good for trickle charging batteries.

Yeah, now I am trying to remember where I ordered the one I have from. It was a vape supplier but not sure which one. I will have to get the one I need when I can. Thanks :)

This is the one at madvapes I think I pointed you to, not sure they even have another.

http://www.madvapes.com/2-amp-AC-to-USB-Adapter-ideal-for-Passthroughs_p_2357.html

That is 2000mah or 2amps. Should e what you are using. You took a trip there though, right? If you picked it up there, its the wrong one. Only good for trickle charging batteries.

I just looked through my early orders and I got it from wordup.

Just to clarify you are looking at ma's ( miliamps) not mah's ( miliamp hours) when looking at adapters. You will look at mah's when it comes to batteries. :)

The More You Know ;)

I don't know my mili's. lol

That's my bad as well, I wrote "2000mah which is 2amps". Should have read 2000ma instead. jeff's just being a little "correct".

But that's what you want for vaping a non-battery 5V unit and madvapes has one for the wall and one for the car. 2A amps.