Hot Attys

Do all low res attys run so hot? Attys in general get hot quickly it seems. This isn't the case with the cartos I've used but sometimes I like an atty and cart, or direct drip with an atty. I did find that a 901 atty with 510 connector burned a little cooler on a 5v battery, but they do have a vent on the side which probably helps.

Bear in mind, we have one report of two low res attys killing two tornado batteries...I've never had a problem, yest so many others have.

That would suck. I'll try to let it cool a little in between vapes to avoid that.

Bear in mind, we have one report of two low res attys killing two tornado batteries...I've never had a problem, yest so many others have.

Man that would suck, i just got in my Tornado battery and LR atty from TW. anything i should know about how to use it to prevent damage? cuz this combo is awsome.

Quick side note. The cap that goes over the atties on the Tornado/Ego, how can you tell if your atty is getting hot and does that hold in heat when in use?

Sometimes that can heat up a little bit. Also, some people don't use the cone and may be using the LR on a different device. One the atomizer gets hot from use you can definitely feel it.

Do you think the cone on the Ego/Tornado hold in the heat from the LR atty? take for example using your computer when it is wraped in a blanket, it would make it alot hotter and sufficate itself.

I'm sure it does a little, but it's not air tight so the air can leak out. I really don't find heat to be an issue - If it gets to the point where it's to hot to touch I've probably used it more than enough in a short amount of time that I should take a break anyway.

Another thing I've been wanting to ask about is leaking.

Not me, the e-cig. :rolleyes: It seems that the liquid leaks alot from between the battery and the atty. Am I adding too much? It doesn't seem I am, maybe 3-4 drops.

Also, I have some leaking from the bottom of my 5v PT which seems almost dangerous.

I mean where the cord comes out of it under the battery.

Any suggestions?

I hate leaking so I usually find a place 2-3 times a day to get a napkin out and drain the atty, drip tip, and clean whatever is in the battery (for you PT). I also really try to make sure I don't leave any in there if I'm stopping. And that's tough to do, drip, vape until its gone, drip vape until its gone, then stop for ten minutes and you'll find a bunch of fluid was still there and can be vaped some more, just hadn't made it to the bridge. That's what I think is leaking.

I hate leaking so I usually find a place 2-3 times a day to get a napkin out and drain the atty, drip tip, and clean whatever is in the battery (for you PT). I also really try to make sure I don't leave any in there if I'm stopping. And that's tough to do, drip, vape until its gone, drip vape until its gone, then stop for ten minutes and you'll find a bunch of fluid was still there and can be vaped some more, just hadn't made it to the bridge. That's what I think is leaking.

Okay so this leaking is normal. I hope they perfect it in the near future cuz it's messy, especially when driving. The only time I really don't see it happen is with a carto. Aside from some nicotine mouthwash in the beginning, that works fine.

I just don't want to be zapped using the 5v PT sitting at the computer. I hear a sizzling sometimes while it's laying on the desk so I freak and unplug it lol

I have never tried an Ego or LR atty but the lower resistance would cause more current to flow and that could be whats eating the batteries.Those circut boards that regulate the current and voltage have really small conducter paths for the amount of current we put through them and I suppose there are some that have weak spots that let go.Leeks are a sign you are dripping too much or too often.

Edited by mcquinn

Yeah! jusr sit back in the recliner and vape on a lr atty then lay your PV on your bare chest!! You'll see how hot it gets real quick!! :whistle::hrhr:

Ouch! No, that hasn't happened to me. lol I dont usually sit in the recliner naked though.

Okay so this leaking is normal. I hope they perfect it in the near future cuz it's messy, especially when driving. The only time I really don't see it happen is with a carto. Aside from some nicotine mouthwash in the beginning, that works fine.

I just don't want to be zapped using the 5v PT sitting at the computer. I hear a sizzling sometimes while it's laying on the desk so I freak and unplug it lol

At 3.7v I was only using 2-3 drops. At 6V I use 3, sometimes 4. I find that you're more prone to leaks if you're vaping heavily and not letting the atty cool down a little. Like Joe said, I also blow out my atty at least once a day, sometimes more and also stuff a piece of tissue or paper towel in it and let it set for several minutes. I still get a leak from time to time, but not nearly as much as when I first started vaping.