Is This A Good Deal?

Shananatoot

I'm looking into getting a second PV. I came across this deal and it looked really good from the outset, but I figured I would ask you guys before rushing to any decisions. What do you think?

http://www.totallywicked-eliquid.com/products/electronic-cigarette-starter-kits/titan/mega-510-titan-e-ni-kit-electronic-product.html

Thanks!

Shananatoot

omg no! lol. if i were you i would get an ego. im pretty sure www.vaporgalaxy.com has great ego stuff. go there and get an ego. trust me you will love the battery life i have not personally had one but ive been told great things about them too. and they are half the price of that! and that is too expensive for a mega 510 kit.

Meh it's not bad but it's not a great deal either. The multicharger is nice but when in all honesty you can purchase 2 510 kits for about 95 bucks which will give you 4 units total.

For example our store (not to plug here) offers free E Liquid in each kit. So if you purchased from the VT store for example, you'd end up with 4 batteries, 4 atomizers, 2 bottles of e liquid, 2 chargers, 10 carts and free shipping. Other suppliers often have similar deals.

I'm going to disagree with benjamin1990. That's a pretty good kit. It has three "mega" batteries (which last longer than the regular 510 batteries), 3 atomizers, juice, AND their charger that will charge 5 batteries at once. All in all, it's good. TW is a good company to buy from, they have great customer service and are fairly quick with their shipping. You really can't go wrong with this one.

I DO have an eGo/tornado and I do love it. The battery life is better than even the "mega" 510 batteries, but that is really the only difference. I do recommend the eGo/tornado, but you weren't asking about that, so I'm saying this kit is just fine. And if you ever decide you want to try the eGo/tornado, you can buy adapters from TW and still use this charger. Great deal!

Sorry but I have to agree with both of them. If you're getting a mega kit just to have more batteries (because the 510 batteries don't last long) then just buy two kits from Chris get the free juice and you're all set. But if it's battery life you're after then go with either an Ego or Tornado (same unit different name).

The Ego will last you between 6 to 8 hours of medium vaping before you need to charge. And with a low res atty and drip tip you have one sweet setup to last you all day.

Good luck and happy vaping.

But the kits from the VT store aren't the mega batteries, they do have their purpose. TW is pricey, but 510 stuff is on sale.

http://www.totallywicked-eliquid.com/products/e-cig-accessories-510-titan-products.html

If you buy bulk (read the warranty warnings) it becomes pretty cheap. $50 for 5 mega batteries, $28 for 5 atomizers (don't get the mega, its something else entirely), $17 for the charger (if it was me I'd look around for a Mega PCC, about $20 and use a regular charger and the PCC). Carts and juice are cheaper elsewhere. Having said all that, I use the egos.

But the kits from the VT store aren't the mega batteries, they do have their purpose. TW is pricey, but 510 stuff is on sale.

http://www.totallywicked-eliquid.com/products/e-cig-accessories-510-titan-products.html

If you buy bulk (read the warranty warnings) it becomes pretty cheap. $50 for 5 mega batteries, $28 for 5 atomizers (don't get the mega, its something else entirely), $17 for the charger (if it was me I'd look around for a Mega PCC, about $20 and use a regular charger and the PCC). Carts and juice are cheaper elsewhere. Having said all that, I use the egos.

That's what I was getting at. The question was about the mega batts kit. That's what I was trying to address. I use the eGo and think it's much, much better, but that wasn't the question. I would also buy the batteris and attys in bulk, but for someone new who might need it all, the kits are probably the best way to go. From there they can start buying in bulk as finances allow.

That's what I was getting at. The question was about the mega batts kit. That's what I was trying to address. I use the eGo and think it's much, much better, but that wasn't the question. I would also buy the batteris and attys in bulk, but for someone new who might need it all, the kits are probably the best way to go. From there they can start buying in bulk as finances allow.

I agree best is the ego esp. for the second PV. But if they were digging the mega, I would do it my way get a ton of batts and attys and get a mega PCC for it from somewhere else. Those PCCs are nice, hold two batts (charges one).

Okay - when you do let us know and we will try to confuse you even further!! ;-)

If you haven't tried the Low Res attys, they are very nice on the tornado/ego. I think you will find most believe the 510/mega 510 is a step down from the tornado. Is there something in particular you are looking for that your tornado doesn't provide?

yah if you already have a tornado then a 510 kit is def a step down from that. ummmmmm try and give us a little bit more info on what your looking for. like do you want 3.7 volts 5 volts, do you want longer battery life? like inform us a little more. lol

Stock batteries are not the end of the world.I have 5 801's and usually I only use two a day then I am wired to my passthrough in the evenings.I like the idea of having several power sources they all break eventually and it takes a while to get replacements or repairs.I have four box mods one pipe mod three passthroughs and five stock batteries .I find the stock batteries less cumbersome when I am out and about.But everyone is different,bottom line get what fits your budget and lifestyle.

Backups are extremely important, but I agree that if you already have the tornado, you'd be taking a step backwards. I don't think you'd be very happy with it honestly. With the tornado, you already have the best there is - with the exception of the bigger devices.

You might want to look into a pass through or something like the Silver Bullet. You are limited in where you can use a pass through, but they really do come in handy. The Silver Bullet is a fairly big device, but it is awesome. Plus you can get a pass through for it. There are lots of options out there that would be a step up and that's probably the way you want to go.

Ask any questions you have and we'll be sure to help you all we can. Lots of us have a lot of experience with the different devices and can give advice or just our opinions.

I am another eGo fanatic, they're really quite a nice pv (barring a bad battery which happens to even the best of them now and again but JantyWorld and places will exchange any dud that might come back to them). I would get extra batteries for your eGo, and maybe even the new PT one they have out now. But, also, for BACK UP I would look into getting a pv with everyday rechargable protected batteries like the Silver Bullet (is 3.7v with one protected battery or is 5v with PT). Or other makes and models out there are fine too, but I can vouch for bothe the eGo and the Silver Bullet. Both top notch performers and service. The eGo is a "propieter" battery, meaning you can only buy it from an eCig place. The SB is a regular protected rechargable battery and you can replace the battery via any battery store even if they no longer have ecig stores. (mustn't be too content in today's crazy world of bans and whatnots).

Edited by Uma

Does anybody here have experience with the Screwdriver MKII? The MKII is the second device I was looking at. Uma, you hit the nail on the head. I was an extremely heavy smoker, and am looking for a device with a battery that -- if I were in a pinch -- I could buy from any store that carries batteries.

Wow - lots of mods out there that use "regular" batteries. If its really "just in case" make sure its a solid unit. I only have one and not that impressed. Many will chime in though I can say people think the world of the SB. In fact, I'd crack open another thread if I were you asking for opinions on mods that use regular batteries. Many will be 5V which I hear is great for cartomizers. But I believe there are 3.7s out there as well.

Someone posted a link recently with a site that lists every mod, it tells about the design, how much it cost, and where you can get them etc. I don't have time to check it out at the moment, but I'm sure someone will post the link. Good luck in your search!

Glad I could help!

Maybe GrimmGreen has tried one? or DumbWaldo or DoctorVapor or ... gosh the list of reviewers is grand.

Good luck!

Oh, and you might want to check out the Copper. It's a nice one to have on hand in case of bans or whatnots too.