Albany Ny & Northampton Ma. Bans - Need Your Help!

It sucks this has to be my 1st post, but I just found out about you folks and these bans are happening this week and next! I'll be back to do a proper self-intro tomorrow night. :D

So much for getting a break over the summer. Two more bans have popped up, this time way too close to home. Northampton, Ma. is having a hearing this week on proposed regulations/bans on e-cigs. Albany, NY is having a hearing next week for the same reason. We need your help to fight these things! If there is any way for you to make it to either or both meetings to help out, PLEASE DO SO! Past meetings have worked because the folks in charge heard individual success stories and were moved by them.

Here is the info from the Northampton Dept. of Health:

On July 22nd, from 6:30-7:30pm (Council Hearing Room, 2nd Floor, City Hall) the Northampton Board of Health will hold a public hearing to hear comments from the community about proposed amendments to the current tobacco regulations. The changes focus on Nicotine Delivery Products, such as e-cigarettes, and the Board of Health is proposing to regulate these products in the same manner as tobacco.

Here is the info for the Northampton, Ma. hearing -

Where - 212 Main Street

Northampton, MA 01060

Council Hearing Room - 2nd Floor

When - THIS THURSDAY - July 22nd

6:30 - 7:30pm

Here is the info from the Albany, NY Dept. of Health:

RESOLUTION NO. 297

PUBLIC HEARING ON PROPOSED LOCAL LAW NO. “G” FOR 2010

Introduced: 7/12/10

By Messrs. Clenahan and Scavo:

RESOLVED, By the County Legislature of the County of Albany that a public hearing on proposed Local Law No. “G” For 2010, “A Local Law Banning The Sale Of E-Cigarettes To Persons Under The Age Of 18” be held by the County Legislature in the first floor Cahill Room, 112 State Street, Albany, New York at 7:15 p.m. on Tuesday, July 27, 2010, and the Clerk of the County Legislature is directed to cause notice of such hearing to be published containing the necessary information in accordance with the applicable provisions of law.

Referred to Health Committee. 7/12/10

Here is the info for the Albany, NY hearing -

Where - 112 State Street, Albany, New York

Cahill Room - 1st floor

When - NEXT TUESDAY - July 27th

7:30pm

We need all the help we can get! Grab a friend and come help us keep vapers rights!

THANK YOU!!!!

Neither of these read as if they are bans. NH suggests regulation the same as tobacco cigs, not a ban. (and regulation is not a bad thing for e-cigs, in my opininon) the NY session is about banning the sales of e=cigs to minors, not the banning of e-cigs. Once again, I don't think this is a bad thing at all and I surely wouldn't protest a ban on e-cigs for minors. They should not be sold to minors.

How about a ban on mall Kiosks? I would fly up there for that. :thumbsup:

For everyone's convenience, VapersCoalition has set up auto-emails that you can use to write to the legislators voting on the Albany, Northhampton and Lowell indoor bans. The emails are already filled out for you, or you can delete the text part and insert your own. Please go go to http://vaperscoalition.org/ for more information.

We really need to get out as many emails as possible to these people. It's obvious by looking at the proposed ordinances that they know not what they do! Once these indoor bans start, it's going to be difficult to stop them!

Thank you for helping to keep vaping rights alive and well!

Janet

National Vapers Club

Vapers Coalition

Neither of these read as if they are bans. NH suggests regulation the same as tobacco cigs, not a ban. (and regulation is not a bad thing for e-cigs, in my opininon) the NY session is about banning the sales of e=cigs to minors, not the banning of e-cigs. Once again, I don't think this is a bad thing at all and I surely wouldn't protest a ban on e-cigs for minors. They should not be sold to minors.

How about a ban on mall Kiosks? I would fly up there for that. :thumbsup:

Burn, we don't argue that minors should not be allowed to purchase e-cigs. But what we do object to are indoor bans. People should be able to use e-cigarettes at work or when they go out. It's part of the appeal that helps smokers change to this low risk alternative. There is no reason for indoor bans as there is no evidence that e-cigs users exhale anything that would be dangerous to those around them. To the contrary, the research that has been done, along with the simple ingredients in e-cigs demonstrate that the exhaled vaper is safe.

Janet

National Vapers Club

Vapers Coalition

• 2 weeks later...