A Few Questions From A New E-Cig Smoker.

Shananatoot

Hey guys,

I ordered a Totally Wicked Tornado about a week ago, and have been vaping on it for a few days now. I am having a few problems however, that hopefully are fixable. I'm using cartridges and filling them with my own e-liquid, but it doesn't seem to be producing much vapor. I've tried several different brand new attys and still not much of anything comes out. Also, the e-liquid gets used up extremely quickly. Like within an hour or so and the ends of my cartridges are melting. When I attach the mega cartomizer, I get tons of vapor, but I don't like the flavor and I really want to use my e-liquid.

Thanks for any and all help!

This is an age old problem. There are several differing opinions on what the best cart filler is. I would say however, that an hour on a cart is probably pretty good. I never got one to last that long. You may want to check out direct dripping (links to direct dripping vids below). Attomizers do have a break in period, but that's usually on a 30 mintues to an hour or so. They can be somewhat inconsistent during this time.

What is direct dripping

How do you get so much vapor

I will add that when you put the cart on the atty, be sure to align it with the bridge of the atty. For me, no matter how I did it I still always ended up with a little melting. Direct dripping is the way to go. I direct drip whenever I can and use cartomizers while driving or other on-the-go activities.

The problem of no vapor could be due to the juice not wicking down to the atty. This is a common problem with using carts. If you're going to use the cart, try topping it off every so often (3-4 drops in the cart) to keep it full.

Thanks for all the help guys! Direct dripping is ten times better! I'm getting a lot more flavor and way more vapor. Also, is there a possibility that when the atty runs out of liquid, it will burn out? All in all, it's way better, I wasted so much liquid filling up those carts. I guess that's how you learn though. haha.

any chance you are running a LR atty?

also maybe the battery is putting out to much voltage.

also did you clean out the regular atty before using?

Nope, it's a standard 510 atty, but the direct dripping is working awesome. Would it benefit me to buy the drip tip or is it fine just to use an empty cart?

Glad it's working better. :thumbsup:

Yes, an atty will burn out if it gets dry. Keep it moist, but be careful not to flood it. There is a learning curve, and it can be frustrating at times, but the rewards are amazing. Usually 2-3 drops will get you 5-7 good hits. After you've been doing it a while you'll know when it's time to drop without even thinking about it.

If you have any other questions/problems, feel free to ask. :)

Good luck and keep us posted!

Nope, it's a standard 510 atty, but the direct dripping is working awesome. Would it benefit me to buy the drip tip or is it fine just to use an empty cart?

Drip tips are great, so yes it would be a great benefit. In the mean time, to keep from melting the cart, you can trim off the bottom a little (just below the vent hole) with a knife or razor blade.

Drip tips are great, so yes it would be a great benefit. In the mean time, to keep from melting the cart, you can trim off the bottom a little (just below the vent hole) with a knife or razor blade.

I'll definitely look into getting a drip tip then. I can't believe how much better it tastes/vapes. It's like night and day. Thanks so much for the help everybody! I look forward to becoming a part of this great community. You guys are the bomb.com.

Direct dripping tutorial here in the tutorials:

http://www.vaportalkstore.com/pages/How-To!.html

Also, if you do flood or get juiced. Get a napkin and dab the battery end of the atty on to it, turn it over and blow through the battery end. All the juice will come out, and/or, gently get a rolled up piece of paper towel or napkin in there to soak it up. Then give it a decent primer of drops 3-4? And start over. Once thing I've noticed is you'll think it's empty because you'll get a little bit of a burn/nasty taste. If you don't hit it any more, I find the juice that's still there works its way back the the ridge and you get several more good vapes out of it. So sometimes you don't need to add more juice...hopefully that makes sense.

I've got three different kinds of drip tips and the cone fits them all. I haven't heard of any complaints about a cone not fitting a drip tip. It may be a tight squeeze, but should fit. FYI - Since you have a Tornado, TW does sell drip tips pretty cheap.

Welcome to the club !!!

I just got my NHaler drip tips and they work great with the ego. as far as I can tell, they should all work--fit the same as a cart......

Happy vaping

ask away--this is how most of us learned the ropes

prior to discovering e-cigs I had never read a forum, let alone actually posted one....

This really is a great place, ask away--you are probably not the only one with the same questions, others may just be too shy to ask !!!