General E Cig Know How?

ossiss

so ive been smoking e cigs for awhile now. ive noticed that at times, your cartridge will melt around the edges from over smoking or over heating. is this normal?

also, is it alright to put a drop into the atty itself?

The tip of the cart melting is actually common. If you look at the bottom of the cart, you will notice it is rectangular. It is designed to line up with the bridge of the atty. If you put the cart in the atty and don't line these up, the cart will be touching the bridge and ultimately melt. Some people cut about 1/8 of an inch off the cart tips to avoid this.

Yes you can drip directly on the atty. This is called "Direct Dripping". A lot of vapers use this method rather than filling up carts.

HA !!! I melted one but good on my LR atty the other night!

Welcome to the forum OSSISS!!!! Great bunch of people here! Feel free to ask away!!

Edited by ThaHodgehound

Welcome to the forum. I don't know what model you are using, I am assuming it is a 510. The 510 atomizer will run a bit hotter than other models. It is a good idea to let the atomizer cool a bit, this may help with the melting cart. Jeff also gave you some really good advice. I gave up on the filling the carts about an hour after I started vaping. Direct dripping made vaping much more enjoyable.

There's also a pic on the web somewhere on how to line your cart up with your atty so that the chances of it melting are slimmer. The narrow side of the opening of the cart lines up with the loop on the atty's bottom... hmmm, need pics lol.

One way I found to combat the melting of the carts is using a steel drip tip. It's like a little piece of metal (or some other material if someone doesn't mind chipping in to this post) that has an opening where you don't have to take off the cartridge to direct drip. It's very handy for when you simply don't want the melting or having the inconvenience of losing said cartridge. There are some drip tips that may give off an odd taste when first use or prolonged usage, but I haven't experienced that problem myself. Here's a picture of what a drip tip looks like:

kbojs0.jpg

Here's how it looks with it on my Ego:

iq8lqx.jpg

Edited by JagSol

so ive been smoking e cigs for awhile now. ive noticed that at times, your cartridge will melt around the edges from over smoking or over heating. is this normal?

also, is it alright to put a drop into the atty itself?

Not sure if anyone's said it yet, didnt read thru the posts. I use direct drip, and just use scissors to cut the mouthpiece down, so I never vape plastic. :)

Welcome to the forum, direct dripping is definitely the way to go. I've burned a couple of my caps, but it's only been because the button got stuck pressed and I melted it.