Smoke51 Trio And Ohms?

So last night my friend and I were messing around with his Smoke51 Trio and its standard atty puts out honestly very little vapor. We then switched it to a Totally Wicked Mega Cartomizer that I had picked up for my tornado. The vapor is tripple what it was with the standard trio atty. Anyone have an idea what ohm either of these pieces are? Also, will using the obviously much lower resistance cartomizer damage his battery? I assume the mega cartomizers are joyetech products and tend to be lower ohm than the other umm gimmick stuff.

And another question(sorry I know but you guys are sooo helpful), are the mega cartos about the same resistance as a normal 510 cartomizer?

I thank you in advance. Even if you can answer only one it would be super helpful. I'm not 100% sure this shouldn't be in the n00b section but I figured since the mega cartos are fairly new I would post here.

So last night my friend and I were messing around with his Smoke51 Trio and its standard atty puts out honestly very little vapor. We then switched it to a Totally Wicked Mega Cartomizer that I had picked up for my tornado. The vapor is tripple what it was with the standard trio atty. Anyone have an idea what ohm either of these pieces are? Also, will using the obviously much lower resistance cartomizer damage his battery? I assume the mega cartomizers are joyetech products and tend to be lower ohm than the other umm gimmick stuff.

And another question(sorry I know but you guys are sooo helpful), are the mega cartos about the same resistance as a normal 510 cartomizer?

I thank you in advance. Even if you can answer only one it would be super helpful. I'm not 100% sure this shouldn't be in the n00b section but I figured since the mega cartos are fairly new I would post here.

Noob here, so I don't know much about ohms and resistance and all the technical electronic jargon. What I do know is that we are now stuck with the Smoke 51 trio (it's all we have). The standard atty and carts that come with this are crap. We did get some cartomizers (which I believe are the same as the ones I just ordered from VT store for the classic). The vapor is double and they last MUCH longer than the standard atty and carts that come with the trio. Will post again after I receive my order from VT. The cartomizers were SGS and are working just fine on my husbands trio batt.

Hi,

Haven't tried the mega cartos yet so I don't know what the ohms are.

As far as damage to your batt. from lower res,the only problem I see is draining the batt faster

so you'll be charging more often.If you take into account the fact that batt's have a certain # of

charge cycles(not a set in stone # by the way,each batt is slightly diff.) then the batt will probably

have a bit shorter usable life.This isn't really a downside since you'll be getting much better

service with better vape for the life of the batt.And don't we all want better vape?:thumbsup:

It's the same sacrifice that 510 low res atty users make when they switch from regular atty's.

Since batts are basically disposable items anyway we do whatever we have to to get the best service

from them while they work and higher performance usually means faster drain.

Hope this helped a lil bit, I'm sure the smarter members will be along shortly with more info.

Welcome and happy vaping.