Crazy 'bout the Yeti

I received my new Yeti from Jay at www.electronicstix.com on Saturday. My shorthand review: Best. E-cig. Ever.

My thoughts after three days:

- Of course, the vapor. It's immense. Would never have expected so much from such a small e-cig. Blows my penstyle out of the water.

- The batteries: Yes, they only last a couple hours, but like Chris & Sean said in their review, they recharge in an hour and you can believe the light on the charger! When it's green, it's charged. Super! No more guessing! I really don't mind the short battery life, and here's why: With my other e-cigs, the battery is strong at the beginning, then slowly loses power. Toward the end of the charge, you're sucking on the thing, popping a vein, and wondering why you're not getting enough vapor. Does it need more juice, or is the battery dying? With the Yeti, there's no fade; when the battery runs out of power, it blinks when you hit the button. You're still getting good vapor up to that point, but after it blinks, the next time you push the button, you get nothing, no vapor, no light, no more guessing.

- This is a trifling thing, but this is my first e-cig with the flat ended mouthpiece, and it reminds me much more of an analog (in a good way) than the tapered tip. The tapered mouthpiece makes me feel like I'm using a cigarette holder.

- The manual battery rules in that there's no more atomizer leakage into the battery. I seem to always be overfilling my penstyle (usually because the battery is dying and I think I'm out of juice, see above, so I keep dripping) and getting e-liquid all over the damn place, having to run to the faucet because I use the 36 mg "throat blaster" juice and it's all over my hand. With the Yeti, no problem, except . . .

- The one downside: When I set the unit down, the liquid will leak out of the join between the mouthpiece and the atomizer. I've made a couple of e-liquid stains on the furniture from setting it down, not to mention occasionally getting it on my fingers. Now I keep a napkin handy to set it on. It's a little annoying, probably caused by my overfilling, but still annoying. Hardly a deal-breaker though. Anyone else noticed this with their Yeti?

Anyway, that's my two cent review. I want to give a shout out for Jay at Electronicstix.com. He's great, ships fast, and my batteries arrived fully charged. I will definitely be buying from him again. And big thanks to Sean & Chris; it was their review and their comments here that convinced me to get this bad boy. You guys rock.

Ya thats where I got my 510/yeti. He also has some great liquids the grape is fantastic its just like grape soda. About the leaky cart I always keep the mouth piece strait up so I don't have that problem I guess you can set it down in a small glass I usually have a shirt pocket.

Thanks FloridaK. I'll try using a spare glass to hold it upright. Great idea.

As for the flavors, I ordered a HUGE bottle of the grape 36 mg liquid with my order . . . on your recommendation, no less. You were right, this stuff is awesome, just like grape soda. It's my new favorite. That's what so great about these forums; if you hadn't mentioned how great the grape was, I never would've it. As I'm sure you've all found out, sometimes a flavor SOUNDS good, but then when you vape it . . . :P I had that experience with Almond and again with Pina Colada. Yuk!

Interested to hear if you or anyone has tried the Rum flavored stuff at electronicstix.

Great review.

Well I have grape here that should be in our store and it's great, I also have the rum....but I havn't tried it yet. Smells good, but it's going to be strong I can tell. Going to wait until tomorrow to give it a try. Right now my two favs are Red Bull and "Riskee"

I received my new Yeti from Jay at www.electronicstix.com on Saturday. My shorthand review: Best. E-cig. Ever.

My thoughts after three days:

- Of course, the vapor. It's immense. Would never have expected so much from such a small e-cig. Blows my penstyle out of the water.

- The batteries: Yes, they only last a couple hours, but like Chris & Sean said in their review, they recharge in an hour and you can believe the light on the charger! When it's green, it's charged. Super! No more guessing! I really don't mind the short battery life, and here's why: With my other e-cigs, the battery is strong at the beginning, then slowly loses power. Toward the end of the charge, you're sucking on the thing, popping a vein, and wondering why you're not getting enough vapor. Does it need more juice, or is the battery dying? With the Yeti, there's no fade; when the battery runs out of power, it blinks when you hit the button. You're still getting good vapor up to that point, but after it blinks, the next time you push the button, you get nothing, no vapor, no light, no more guessing.

- This is a trifling thing, but this is my first e-cig with the flat ended mouthpiece, and it reminds me much more of an analog (in a good way) than the tapered tip. The tapered mouthpiece makes me feel like I'm using a cigarette holder.

- The manual battery rules in that there's no more atomizer leakage into the battery. I seem to always be overfilling my penstyle (usually because the battery is dying and I think I'm out of juice, see above, so I keep dripping) and getting e-liquid all over the damn place, having to run to the faucet because I use the 36 mg "throat blaster" juice and it's all over my hand. With the Yeti, no problem, except . . .

- The one downside: When I set the unit down, the liquid will leak out of the join between the mouthpiece and the atomizer. I've made a couple of e-liquid stains on the furniture from setting it down, not to mention occasionally getting it on my fingers. Now I keep a napkin handy to set it on. It's a little annoying, probably caused by my overfilling, but still annoying. Hardly a deal-breaker though. Anyone else noticed this with their Yeti?

Anyway, that's my two cent review. I want to give a shout out for Jay at Electronicstix.com. He's great, ships fast, and my batteries arrived fully charged. I will definitely be buying from him again. And big thanks to Sean & Chris; it was their review and their comments here that convinced me to get this bad boy. You guys rock.

I got mine from the same place and yes love it blew my smokelessdelite penstyle out of the water. but i do aslso have the leakage prob. where the mouthpiece/cart. connects to atomizer. but i dont think its due to over fillage as i tested different amount but however the cart. is alittle too small so loose and not making a good seal and with this thing how much vapor it produces i think it just accumulates and leaks out. but yeah not a deal breaker. great product. love it. same with the batterys last about 2hrs. but charge fully in 1. great trade out. going to order the pcc box from janty.com as its pretty cheap there. under 40.

Ordered my 510 last night, if all goes well i should be vaping with it by the weekend. I tried holding off until the end of the month but the atomizer for my M401 died and with only one left I decided that if the other one failed I would be stuck with analogs again. I was starting to get disapointed with the M401, but when the atomizer is hot and with a little glycerine added to my juice it really does a decent job. I laso ordered some johnson Creek juice, not brave enought to try the candy or fruity flavors yet, going to stick with traditional until i get the hang of the difference between an analog and this vaping thing. That said if someone comes up with a good cheesecake flavor i am a goner.

Important Information

Terms of Use Privacy Policy Guidelines