Suggestions For New Pv...

Hello one and all!

It has been some time since my last post here at the vapor talk forum. I have hovered around on and off for awhile just to check on the new happenings in the e-cig world however... The reason I haven't been around very much is because for the last several months I have been totally satisfied with my Janty Ego and the vapor talk juice that has become my staple vaping experience... That is until a couple of weeks ago when I discovered low resistance atomizers... When I first screwed one on I was amazed at the difference, and I didn't even notice a devastating loss in battery life as had been described by others... I used to get 6 hours or so from my Ego batteries with a standard 510 atty, and now that I'm dedicated to using low resistance atomizers I've found they last about 4 hours or so... Which I'm satisfied with... until today... When my one battery ... malfunctioned... I don't know how its possible, but I just stopped getting vapor... I checked everything I could and got nothing.... so I switched to another atty and I still couldn't get a thing... despite the LED continuing to light... so i tried the other battery and it worked with both... So i thought that maybe it just needed a good charge... well... i put it on the charger and the charging light never turned red indicating that the battery was being charged... so in short... I'm throwing my hands up and going back into the market for a new PV, but this time something that can handle low resistance atomizers...

My requirements for my new PV are as follows:

1. It must not be too much larger than my ego (or a spade) I've found that this is a good size for me and anything larger I feel awkward with in public, and receive too much unwanted attention from police officers (I live in an urban area where illegal drug use is very common and apparently vaping a huge mod draws this sort of attention)

2. It has to accept a battery that is known for at least 4-6 hours of life (using a low resistance atty.) Anything less becomes a pain at work or when I go out in the evening... For instance I've heard nothing but horrible things with the 10440...

3. I would prefer if it was set up for a 510 connection since I'm used to this over other atomizers and already have a stockpile :-P

Please let me know what you guys dig up! I know that there are many knowledgeable individuals on this board who have helped me many times in the past... I greatly appreciate your opinion!

Best Regards!

-Alucard

Hey Count!! I'm confused, why not just pick up some more ego batteries at around $20 or so? Sounds like it may have just come to a timely or untimely death. Or are you saying you're using this as a reason to upgrade?

I'm curious, too, as to why you'd want to give up on the eGo. Batteries do wear out. They are only good for just so many charges. I've had my original eGo batteries for 5 months now, and then I got a couple of tornado batteries that I've had about 4 months. All are still working although they are not holding a charge nearly as long as they did in the beginning. I noticed it was down to about 4 hours after a couple of months and lately it's more like 3 hours. They have lasted a good long time, but I know I'm getting to the end of their lives. I've been using LR attys with them for a couple of months now and I haven't had a problem at all. I'm guessing your battery just died and it had nothing to do with the attys at all.

The new mega batts for the eGo are 1000 mAh vs the current 650 mAh. Wordup has them for $27. I haven't looked around for them, but I'm sure other suppliers are selling them also (Pretty sure TW has them).

My link

another suggestion would be the BB from altsmoke . it's not much bigger than a tornego . uses cheaper replaceable batteries , has a fantastic button/switch and with the new high-drain batts and a lr attie in my opinion is a big step up from the ego . it definately matches or betters the tornego performance wise and just feels better in the hand .

personally i hate that little sharp button on the ego . the BB is a very high quality little mod .

cheers Woody

maybe be on the look out for the "don" or "megalodon" or whatever it's called that's coming out from the maker of Mako?...

from the pics (in mini don mode) it looks to be about the size of the eGo... perhaps slightly shorter and tad fatter.

seems like a good option since you can expand it to use higher voltage if you wanted. plus the button locks for travel.

pics and also a vid on the second page: http://www.vaportalk.com/forum/forum/topic/5943-megalodon-news/

hitting next month it seems...

if you can't wait, I'd say just get another eGo batt and not worry about it. unit is pretty much perfect. sorry to hear you batt died on you though... (reason why it's always good to have back up)

Thank you all very much for your input. (A special shout out to FTJOE! Haven't seen you in a long time, buddy :) ) I'm glad I came here for advice once again as I was under the impression that the low resistance attys had somehow killed the battery, and are in general "battery killers" if you aren't using the correct "High-drain" "High mah" units... (Maybe I'm watching too many Grimm Green reviews, lol) That mega-battery sounds like it would do the trick nicely! I think for now that is the path I'll go down, should be a great help with battery life as well... I may even get my normal 6+ hours out of one! I really do enjoy my eGo and hate to consider switching it out... Now that you all have given me a good dose of reason (I was a little worked up concerning the strange death of the battery :-P) I realize that more than likely it was just that battery's time to go... I have had my eGo set more or less since they released it... which I can not seem to pin down to an exact month in my mind, but it must've been 5-6 months ago... Thanks once again to everyone that replied... I'll be hanging around the forum rest assured... but for now I shall return to my shadowy lurking :shiftyninja:

-Alucard

That is a long time for the battery to last. Really. I think it was just it's time is all. You really can't go wrong with the eGo in my opinion. I'm going to get the eGo XL batt next, but I don't really need it yet. Until my batts die, I'm doing good. But as soon as a couple of them go, I'm all over those longer batts!!