Custom Mods

DJAzrael

trail/error, minimum orders/shipping, etc. It will probably be more expensive than the actual mod. You can get them fairly cheap ($30 - $50) it really depends on what you want it to be able to do. I have an idea for a fairly sophisticated mod and I priced out some of the materials and it was close to $200.00 (including tools, shipping, etc.) for the prototype, I wouldn't really see good pricing until I bought in bulk and had the system down.

There are some that read this that may have built some and can give you a better qualification but my opinion is that you really do not save alot (or any) $$ on making just one. Some materials, such as an atty connector, you will having a hard time finding other than online.

If you're interested in building one yourself fairly cheaply, and don't mind ordering it online, you can go here:

http://www.madvapes.com/

They have instructions and all the parts. We got some parts and my husband started making one for me, but hasn't finished it yet. Just an idea.

i built a 5v mod using parts from madvapes. it was about 15 dollars for the parts, and another 15 for the 14500 batteries and chargers.

overall, couldn't be happier. i don't even touch my 510 anymore.

it is possible to use 4 AA batteries instead of 14500's. since my batteries are not in yet, i went to radio shack and bought a 4 AA box, and attached it to the bottom of the mod, teporarily. batteries lasted a day and a half, and i like knowing that in a pinch, i can get some AA's from a convience store and use them if needed.

Yes. Madvapes is a great site for buying and building mods. Their How To section is very nice and contain plans that I used for my first few mods I have built. Though the connectors are easy enough to obtain if you have a dead battery, you can steal the connector from that instead of ordering it. The rest of the parts can be purchased at radio shack to build a simple 3.7v to 6v device. For a 5v device I would not use the regulator that you can buy at Radio Shack due to the amps being too low. I would go with the 5v 3A regulators from Madvapes or the Texas Instruments Booster board.(Booster board if trying to achieve 5v off of one 3.7v battery.) I am at work right now and do not have the parts number from TI for the booster board. I would personally recommend for your first build to be a simple 3.7v device. You can get the feel for it and see if you want to take on the added work and research of building a 5v device. :pc:

Hope this helped a little, and if you have any questions feel free to ask away.

P.S. If building a stacked battery mod please do research on proper wiring and placement of batteries depending on whether you want to run them in series or parallel. Can easily become a safety issue if not installed properly.