Joye 510 Led / Overheating Problems

Jus10

Hi everyone,

I just received my first e-cig. After researching, I found Vapor Talk to be quite helpful, and ordered the Joye 510 "Startup Kit," from eCigExpress.com, and upon trying it out for the first time I've experienced a few problems.

1. The LED light wouldn't light up, when i took a draw. Finally, after hours of frustration, I switched atomizers to the 2nd one provided to me, and it works just great.

2. The atomizer, when connected to the cartridge, immediately begins heating up and seeping out vapor, even when I do not take draws off of it. It instantly begins heating up, and within 30 seconds, it's almost on fire. Again, no LED light either.

After switching back out to the "good" atty, again, everything works great. Once again, rotating back to the "bad" atty, same thing happens, except the LED appears to light up, very dull.

This is a brand new product, and I have researched before posting, so I've definitely checked the connection, used a needle and also a Q-tip to clean and ensure there is no mis-fire.

Should I return this to eCigExpress?

Thanks for your help, and excellent website, VT!

-Justin

yes email them they have great customer service and will send you a new one right away. that is where i got my first 510 kit and i still have and im still using it. idk how many months now but it will say down on my banner. good luck with vaping and have a great day.

Yes I would definitely send this kit back. It should not be firing up if your not using it. This actually sounds like an SLB 510 as the SLB's had this problem when they first came out. Ask e Cig Express if they are SLB 510's or Joye 510's.

Thanks for the fast response guys,

I emailed eCigExpress, hoping to hear back soon. On my receipt, it definitely says "Joye 510 Electronic Cigarette." If it isn't a genuine Joye product, wouldnt that be false advertisement? I'm guessing I may have just received a defective item. Anyhow, the other atomizer works great. Still getting used to it, and dripping, as well.

Should i clean this thing off tonight, and would there happen to be a user-friendly guide to maintenance of our vaporizers somewhere on the forum, that I could follow? Thanks again. Love Vapor Talk!

Yes I would definitely send this kit back. It should not be firing up if your not using it. This actually sounds like an SLB 510 as the SLB's had this problem when they first came out. Ask e Cig Express if they are SLB 510's or Joye 510's.

I just had a look at his site and it does appear to be a genuine kit. He's also been around for a while so it's probably just a defective model.

As for cleaning I would suggest just sending it back. You can clean the threads with rubbing alcohol but even still it's no worth using a broken ecig. If the model is new cleaning it won't do much.

Cool, thanks a lot Chris.

PS - after day 1 of vaping, it feels different. still not sure how my body will react, but i do miss the "analog" a bit. I guess it's going to take some transitioning into...

I just had a look at his site and it does appear to be a genuine kit. He's also been around for a while so it's probably just a defective model.

As for cleaning I would suggest just sending it back. You can clean the threads with rubbing alcohol but even still it's no worth using a broken ecig. If the model is new cleaning it won't do much.

You also have to keep in mind that nicotine isn't actually the only thing in cigarettes that you're addicted to; there are a lot of other chemicals you're craving. Electronic cigarettes don't have these extra chemicals, which, of course, is a good thing, but it may take a while to get that out of your system.