E-Cigarette Interview

Dr Adrian Payne is the Managing Director of Tobacco Horizons, a Tobacco Harm Reduction Consulting Agency. During a post-doctoral career spanning more than thirty years, he has worked for both tobacco and pharmaceutical companies, often in the field of Tobacco Harm Reduction.

I'd say that the current controversy about both snus and E-cigarettes is indicative of the fact that current models of tobacco and nicotine regulation have outlived their usefulness. Urgent revision is required to help, rather than hinder, consumers being able to make healthier choices if they either don't want to, or can't, quit their nicotine dependence entirely. E-cigarettes and the voices of the many E-cigarette users world-wide could prove to be a powerful catalyst for change in this regard; as someone who has long had a passionate interest in tobacco harm reduction, I certainly hope so!

Read the full interview:

http://www.ecigarettedirect.co.uk/intervie...-interview.html

Can't say I agree more, the current regulation really does need an overhaul. But how long is it going to be before we finally get this? I fear what will mostly happen is a ban on ecigs, followed by studies and perhaps the re-release of ecigs 10 years down the line. Even at that I don't they will be available over the counter, probably prescription based.

We all agree the system needs an overhaul but the trouble with the US Gov't. is that is so slow to move. Usually gets it wrong to start with due to outside influnce from those that lobby for the big tobacco and pharmaceutical industries. It turns like a big stupid snail.... not usually for our good!

Can't say I agree more, the current regulation really does need an overhaul. But how long is it going to be before we finally get this? I fear what will mostly happen is a ban on ecigs, followed by studies and perhaps the re-release of ecigs 10 years down the line. Even at that I don't they will be available over the counter, probably prescription based.

My thoughts exactly!! timing is the question?