Maxx From Absolutely Ecigs

FTJoe

I was running late today so I was able to go to the post office to pick up my Maxx starter kit.

http://www.absolutelyecigs.com/absolute-maxx-starter-p-125.html

As indicated in the description, this will not be a real review but the ramblings of a madman in multiple parts. If you'd like me to do anything special, let me know. I plan on using it and measuring the volts. Unfortunately, I'm a light vapor so you'll have to guesstimate the longevity of these based on whatever voltage I get, plus the fact they are 650mah like an ego. I'll try and measure and ego as well as a baseline. I suspect these are just ego batteries but we shall see. I shall put them on the meter fully charged and after some use.

I got the stainless steel, two stainless attys, one cone, two batteries, looks to be a fast USB charger, a wall USB charger (nice) and 10 empty carts (meh). At $58 not bad but I think it was $15 shipping from China. I think I saw people mentioning a way to sign up and get slow boat shipping for $4. These are very close in size to the ego, threads for the cone in a slightly different spot but the threads appear to be the same. Cone didn't seem to screw on quite as smoothly as the ego but made it okay. I like the stainless button better. I lent an ego battery to a 2 month old vaper under my wing and it came back all busted up, wonder if this would handle it better?

So more to come once I get the readings and some use out of it, hopefully tonight or over the weekend. Again, if anyone needs something done other than the little I planned, let me know.

egoish???

Total knockoff, cute little blue light when switch is pressed around the circumference of the batt is slick looking. The switch itself seems very nice and I was hoping the voltage claims were true but based on other reviews it looks like they may not be. Not even 4.2 fresh and 3.7 under load so this may be a total ego ripoff. But if it translates to something cheaper, once people bring it over here in bulk, that's cool.

Well I warned you, review over. Looks like fully charged the ego goes to 3.75-3.8 and this is 3.65 or so, so I have no idea where the 4.2V claim comes from. Once in use they both seem to drop off to 3.3-3.4 or so. So it is just a knockoff, as I said the halo of light is cool and the button seems better. But being a chinese knockoff I can't comment (read: am worried) about battery quality and safety. Also the charger seems to give up a little bit earlier charging than my TW quick charger.

I was going to put these in the rotation of lendables to folks trying this, maybe second guessing that now.

Important Information

Terms of Use Privacy Policy Guidelines