Pass-Through Question

I finally tried a passthrough and when I hook it up to my computer usb port, it works like a champ. I thought I'd 'take it on the road' and try it out in my cab. Also, my dispatcher has an interest in using one at the desk, as it's a no-smoking office, but my vaping stuff is allowed.

So here's the situation. I have two adapters. One is a car to usb, and the other is a standard house outlet to usb adapter. When I plug the passthrough into either and push the button, it flashes like a battery that has been hit for too long, at the very first second of activation. So, do I need a certain kind of adapter, or do I just have a passthrough that doesn't play well with anything other than actual usb ports?

And where would I get the right equipment to be able to vape in the cab and in the office? Our office has yet to make it into the 21st century and have a computer@ the dispatch desk, even though it would be very handy for helping the gps-impaired cabbies find their way about...

Thanks in advance,

Jamie

get an adapter that puts out at least 2amps.....Madvapes sells one for around $10.....you might get lucky finding a cheaper one at 1.5 amps that works but you could end up buying three before you get one that satisfies you and you will have spent more than the $10 anyway....supposedly a 1amp should work but it isn't safe for driving.....because you will be spending all your time looking to see if you really got vapor instead of watching the road.....

the same is true for an AC usb adapter for the office....go for 2amps.....madvapes sells one those too....

and if you want total mobility go with a battery pack.....however, one that puts out enough power to make it worth the effort will probably cost you around $60....Kensington makes one that a lot of people use.....APC did, but the factory has stopped making them so they are hard to find....

Edited by CartHeadMod