David Tully-Smith Md Phd Response

Celtic

I am writing to find out how you feel about the Electronic Cigarette for a huge group of people.

DrDave--> I am fine with any product shown to be safe and effective including electronic cigarettes supported by rational studies.

Can you please tell me your views and if you would allow this safer alternative to not be banned in the state of CA if elected as Governor?

DrDave-->banning safe and effective products from the market is always crazy; additionally, in this particular context, we have an epidemic of lung cancer and anything that reduces the risk for people is beneficial to all of us so I do not support banning this safe and effective product in California or anywhere else. Having cared for patients with lung cancer and other severe conditions related to traditional cigarettes, this is an area where I believe I am better informed and better able to support rational policy.

UCLA & Santa Monica Hospital, Chief of Staff, Dr. David Baron talks about Electronic Cigarettes and their safety

Part 1 - YouTube Video

Part 2 - YouTube Video

DrDave-->thanks for the reference and links - I am familiar with the product in general terms and know Dr Baron as well.

Finally a Dr. that isn't working for the smoking ban people or big tobacco companies.

I like this guy!!! We need a lot more people like this to help us out.

Tks for these clips.

I know, I am so waiting for their response, but haven't received it yet. I will call them early on Monday if I cannot contact them by phone during the weekend.

I will try my best Jeff...

Celtic

Okay Jeff ... I have contacted Whitman & Poizner by telephone letting them know I have emailed them and we are all eagerly awaiting their response on the E-cigarette issue before we take our vote.

Celtic