Cheap High Nic Base

I am a cheapskate when it comes to pv's so I have been looking for good cheap mixing supplies to drop the cost of vaping even more. I got some 60mg strength base for $45 for 60ml. I recently found some for $35 for 125ml at freedomsmokes. turns out it is more efficient to use 60mg strength as opposed to 100mg 60ml at the same price (100ml more yield). This is the cheapest I've found I was just wondering if anyone has found better or if this is as cheap as it gets.

I bought 500ml of 125mg/ml for $147.00, that was the cheapest I've found, but it was a fluke that I even got it at that price.

Edit: so that works out to $0.002352 per mg of nic... right?

125mg/ml x 500ml = 62500 mg of nicotine

$147.00 / 62500mg = $0.002352 per mg of nic

Long story short I think it will be my last purchase of nic base, would like to be down to zero by the time it's running out.

Edited by GDub

I think by far the best price and quality comes from XtremeVaping.com for high strength DIY nic base. The savings go up as you purchase larger quantities, but you can get 60ml of 100mg/ml for $33.95 or 125ml of 100mg/ml $58.95, and it just gets better the more you buy. Here is a link.... XtremeVaping.com

Edit: So this works out to $0.004716 per mg of nic for the 100mg/ml @ 125ml and $0.005658 for the 100mg/ml @ 60ml.

Edited by GDub

I am a cheapskate when it comes to pv's so I have been looking for good cheap mixing supplies to drop the cost of vaping even more. I got some 60mg strength base for $45 for 60ml. I recently found some for $35 for 125ml at freedomsmokes. turns out it is more efficient to use 60mg strength as opposed to 100mg 60ml at the same price (100ml more yield). This is the cheapest I've found I was just wondering if anyone has found better or if this is as cheap as it gets.

Ok, sorry, I think I see what you're getting at... at myfreedomsmokes.com the 60mg/ml is actually cheaper than the 100mg/ml if you look strictly at nicotine content. That is kind of odd. If they kept the price in line with the 100mg/ml it should cost $20.37 not $19.95, so you save like $0.42

Edit: The 60mg/ml @ 60ml comes out to $0.005541 per mg of nicotine. So just based of that math I don't see it yielding an extra 100ml, but you are absolutely correct that you get more nic for the dollar by purchasing the 60mg/ml.

Edited by GDub

It's gone now but Levy's pink nic was the best deal we'll ever see. Other than that, MFS has had very good prices lately. I probably won't have to buy base for a while though, I have almost two liters of the stuff. :D No, not just my own use, I'm mixing for a couple vapers. :D But even so, that should last a couple years even at the high nic level we use.

The price at MFS has gone up now. He had been selling it quite cheap for a while, but it's back up now. Good thing I stocked up. Got lots of pink nic from Levy also.

The price at MFS has gone up now. He had been selling it quite cheap for a while, but it's back up now. Good thing I stocked up. Got lots of pink nic from Levy also.

So how is the pink tinted nic? I assume it's just like all the rest with a slight pink hue? I almost picked some up but instead opted to wait for his new supply to arrive. I had plenty of juice to get me by until it arrived so it was no issue, but I was tempted to jump in on the savings with the pink stuff. Either way I still got a steal of a price on the 125mg/ml so I'm very pleased. Mixed up 250ml of 25mg/ml base last night (finally got to break in my new graduated cylinder) at a 50/50 PG and VG blend and I'm very happy with the results. I usually use about 15-20% flavor so that gets me down to about 20mg/ml by the time I drop it on my atty. I'm loving the DIY experience, so much control over every aspect of the juice!

I haven't used any yet. That's my FDA stash... 375ml of 100mg. I've got quite a bit of 48mg from MFS that I'll use first. I haven't done much mixing yet, but will start soon.

I haven't used any yet. That's my FDA stash... 375ml of 100mg. I've got quite a bit of 48mg from MFS that I'll use first. I haven't done much mixing yet, but will start soon.

Nice. I mixed up a 10ml batch of "Apple Pie" for the wife last night. Turned out pretty good, a little heavy on the cinnamon for me, but that's how she likes it, here's what I used:

All flavors are from Perfumers Apprentice

10% - 1.0ml Apple Flavor

05% - 0.5ml Graham Cracker Flavor

05% - 0.5ml Cinnamon Flavor

80% - 8.0ml 25mg/ml 50/50 PG VG Base

If I were making it for me I'd cut back on the Cinnamon by at least half, it's just so overpowering. Maybe add a little Ethyl Maltol to sweeten it up a bit, the Cinnamon is so sweet I'll probably need it to compensate for cutting it back, and the ethyl Maltol should add a good sweet marshmallow taste.

Ok, sorry, I think I see what you're getting at... at myfreedomsmokes.com the 60mg/ml is actually cheaper than the 100mg/ml if you look strictly at nicotine content. That is kind of odd. If they kept the price in line with the 100mg/ml it should cost $20.37 not $19.95, so you save like $0.42

Edit: The 60mg/ml @ 60ml comes out to $0.005541 per mg of nicotine. So just based of that math I don't see it yielding an extra 100ml, but you are absolutely correct that you get more nic for the dollar by purchasing the 60mg/ml.

I ran the numbers through a juice calculator and for 33.95 you can either purchase 60ml @ 100mg / or 125ml @ 60mg for the same price. At a 15mg juice I could create 400ml from the 60ml 100mg base and 500ml with the 125ml at 60mg. So thats what I meant with the extra 100ml of juice. Just thought I would throw it out there that it would be more cost effective to use 60mg base at these prices. I checked 500ml at 60 and it is even more efficient. $10 less than 250ml at 100mg and you can create 335ml more juice at 15mg/ml. interesting... So $90 for 500ml of 60 is a pretty good deal I guess.

So how is the pink tinted nic? I assume it's just like all the rest with a slight pink hue? I almost picked some up but instead opted to wait for his new supply to arrive. I had plenty of juice to get me by until it arrived so it was no issue, but I was tempted to jump in on the savings with the pink stuff. Either way I still got a steal of a price on the 125mg/ml so I'm very pleased. Mixed up 250ml of 25mg/ml base last night (finally got to break in my new graduated cylinder) at a 50/50 PG and VG blend and I'm very happy with the results. I usually use about 15-20% flavor so that gets me down to about 20mg/ml by the time I drop it on my atty. I'm loving the DIY experience, so much control over every aspect of the juice!

It's the same as every other nic base. I've been using it for a few weeks and there is no difference that I can determine. I'm sure glad I stocked up, but keeping the stocked level is going to be more expensive again. I'll just replace every four oz, which won't be too terribly expensive. For as long as we have a supply...

I've seriously been thinking about buying some pure nic from China. That would be a little scary to handle, but proper clothing and protective gear should make it relatively safe. It'd sure be nice to have that much more control. I liter of pure nic is less than $300; about the same as 100mg locally. That's just too inexpensive not to consider.

Like GDub, I'm totally digging being able to mix the proportions of all the ingredients to my own hardware and preferences. That makes vaping truly an enjoyable experience, like I used to have mixing my own pipe tobacco flavors. Those were sure the days! It occurred to me today that vaping is very similar in its hands-on nature to smoking a pipe. I really kind of enjoyed that for a few years. Finally gave up my pipes at a garage sale a few years ago. I had some nice ones too! Sigh. Well, someday I'll have a nice collection of working PVs too. ;)

I ran the numbers through a juice calculator and for 33.95 you can either purchase 60ml @ 100mg / or 125ml @ 60mg for the same price. At a 15mg juice I could create 400ml from the 60ml 100mg base and 500ml with the 125ml at 60mg. So thats what I meant with the extra 100ml of juice. Just thought I would throw it out there that it would be more cost effective to use 60mg base at these prices. I checked 500ml at 60 and it is even more efficient. $10 less than 250ml at 100mg and you can create 335ml more juice at 15mg/ml. interesting... So $90 for 500ml of 60 is a pretty good deal I guess.

Yeah, but that extra 100ml is actually the bulk price savings for the most part. As I said you are correct that you get more nic for the buck @ 60mg/ml, but the price drop is more significant because you are purchasing a larger amount of liquid. Either way, you definitely found an exploitable flaw in the pricing.

Edited by GDub

I've seriously been thinking about buying some pure nic from China. That would be a little scary to handle, but proper clothing and protective gear should make it relatively safe. It'd sure be nice to have that much more control. I liter of pure nic is less than $300; about the same as 100mg locally. That's just too inexpensive not to consider.

I saw your threads on ECF, those guys can be a little hostile. Honestly I'd be a little wary of working with pure nicotine, but if you take proper precautions I don't see that it would be that difficult.

Edited by GDub

I saw your threads on ECF, those guys can be a little hostile. Honestly I'd be a little wary of working with pure nicotine, but if you take proper precautions I don't see that it would be that difficult.

Yeah, that's what fear does to people. Fear is debilitating. If all humans made their choices based on fear or risk aversion, we'd still be eating carrion. Buncha wussies over there. Thanks for the support GDub.