Battery Opinions

I know this topic has been discussed time and time again. I've read pages and pages about it.

For awhile now, I've been using the same set of 2x 3v cells on my SB - the infamous LifePO4 750mah 3v cells - as such here:

http://www.batteryju...c375reliba.html

Recently, I've exclusively been using the UltraFire 18650 2400mah 3.7v cell, commonly shipped with SB's, combined with a LR 510 atty or standard 510 Carto (which are excellent thumbsup.gif).

I've noticed the LR Atty's are "close" to a 5v experience imo, however, are still noticeably different in performance for me. I owned two pair of the LiFePO4's, and they have recently dropped into "time to replace" territory. I was doing some shopping around - and I've come across these:

http://www.batteryju...c390reliba.html

I do notice they are Li-ion, but are PCB protected. Obviously, protected is a huge deal. I do know batt's with a PCB are a bit larger, and curious if they are any safer, or would even fit. Perhaps the fit would introduce a new problem. I haven't had any issue with the LiFePO4's, of course, using care in pairing and charging, however - the thought of having unprotected batts in my face has started to be a lingering "brain dart" for me if you will. I don't quite have the greenbacks to pony up a Joker or other built-in protection device (if there even is any other protected 5v+ device). Also, my SB has still been rock solid, so I haven't found a need to replace it with a new device quite yet.

Also, if you zoom on the first link, picture of the LiFePO4 battery, the wrapper indicated "Li-Ion". I recently read that some of the suppliers in China mislabel batteries, but I haven't noticed this from Tenergy, yet there it is. I wish I hadn't thrown mine out - so I could check those. Any LiFePO4 users have this on their cells?

Has anyone used or have experience with the Protected 3v cells in the second link? Only thing I was able to find, was that the 900mah variant had some issues with people using a DBSB - which I have and use, but only at 3.7v - so that's a non issue. Some seem to report they work fine in their mods.

I'll probably get a Joker once the stock is better in control and the initial flood of buyers have theirs.

Just throwing it out there. Even after using the 750mah LiFePO4's for so long, and not having any issue, recently I haven't been able to get it off my mind. Opinions?

(and sorry for the novel hrhr.gif)

(edit for weird spacing issues...)

Edited by srsbiz

I'm using Tenergy LiFePO4s in my BSB. I think the pic in that link is a misprint. What mine say is:

750mAh RCR123A 3.0V

RECHARGEABLE LiFePO4 BATTERY

It doens't say Li-Ion anywhere on it. I think Tenergy is an American company, but the batteries are made in China. Anyhow, I've not had any problmems.

The batts in the second link are what I've been using for a couple of months in Woodimus. They're a tight fit in place of a 16850, but do fit. Hope that helps. Oh - and they do say Li-ion on the side too.

I'm using Tenergy LiFePO4s in my BSB. I think the pic in that link is a misprint. What mine say is:

750mAh RCR123A 3.0V

RECHARGEABLE LiFePO4 BATTERY

It doens't say Li-Ion anywhere on it. I think Tenergy is an American company, but the batteries are made in China. Anyhow, I've not had any problmems.

My LiFePO4 batts say the same thing! In the two links it looks like it said Li-ion on the top of the batt. But again just says LiFePO4 on mine.

I have the ones in the 2nd pic and they say Li-Ion. I have been using them in my Silver Bullet for a couple of months now with 0 issues.