Penstyle vs Supermini vs 501

I have a question you guys may be able to answer. I have the penstyle and the supermini. I like both of them. I have found that with the supermini the taste of the vapor is better than with the penstyle, I can taste the flavor better, and not quite as dry as the penstyle. I do get a good taste from the penstyle and a lot more vapor. Besides, the battery life of the penstyle is better. How does the 501 compare to the supermini and the penstyle in the taste area? Which does it appear to taste more like. Or do you all even notice the difference?

I'm guessing you mean the 510 and not 501. ;)

I always thought the Penstyle had the best flavor. (In fact Sean agree's with this as well) Mostly because there is more vapor and a longer chamber. So if you think the PeeWee has more flavor I'm not sure what to tell you! To be honest I think the 510 has it's own flavor if you will. (You know how each model just has a "taste" to it?)

Again the Penstyle IMO has the best flavor, the 510 is sort of in the middle.

Actually this is a good point. Im not noticing flavor as much as throat hit. I did get a nice hit with the PeeWee and I could get a $hitload of vapor out of that tiny thing. Now I have the 901 and I am begging for a throat hit but getting lot's o' vapor. I thought the throat hit was more because of the juice and not the equipment.

I have classic penstyles, a Kissbox penstyle with the manual switch, and the 501 manual. I like all of them, but overall prefer the pens for ease of draw, vapor prod, and especially capacities of both the cart and the batts. Topping off these little buggers is our primary chore, and there's a huge difference in how long you can vape on a pen compared to the 501 (the cart for which is basically the same as the 901).

Taste seems to me to be a function of keeping the atty and the wadding moist. Let the cart get a little dry, and there goes the richness of the juice. Let it get a bit drier still, and you start getting a discernible taste of the wadding getting scorched. So in this regard, even with the 801s, you need to top off every 10-12 puffs.

My main beef with the super mini is the design of the mouthpiece. Dripping into it is a blind endeavor, about all you can do is count drops as they go down the tube.

My main beef with the super mini is the design of the mouthpiece. Dripping into it is a blind endeavor, about all you can do is count drops as they go down the tube.

With the SuperMini/PeeWee You need to push the little cartridge out of the mouthpiece. Unbend a paperclip and push it into the hole on the bottom of the mouthpiece and the cartridge inside will come out. Don't drip down the "tube"/mouthpiece or you end up with a mouth full of juice. yuck!!

Edited by Vacker1229

Interesting Post...

I have a Pen, and a 501, I do like the flavor better from the pen, However, I have a problem with what I was told are "True DSE801" pens, The Pen I got from Pure (4072?) seems better than the "True" DSE801's" I keep changing the Attoms and still get that burnt/not enough liquid taste from them, I'm not sure why, only getting 4 or so drags before the vapor cuts down and the taste burnt starts, new cart, new atom no change.

The Pure's carts are hard plastic tipped while the others are a rubber tip...

The 510 seems to work well as long as the cart is rather full, but the taste from the Pure 4072? seems better for me.

Are the Pen's from Diet Smokes the same as what Pure had?

If so, I need more...

I'm guessing you mean the 510 and not 501. ;)

I always thought the Penstyle had the best flavor. (In fact Sean agree's with this as well) Mostly because there is more vapor and a longer chamber. So if you think the PeeWee has more flavor I'm not sure what to tell you! To be honest I think the 510 has it's own flavor if you will. (You know how each model just has a "taste" to it?)

Again the Penstyle IMO has the best flavor, the 510 is sort of in the middle.

Yep, you knew what I meant! (Mad Cow Disease again! :blush: ) I guess what I'm looking for is if the 510 gives you the flavor along with the vapor and the hit of a penstyle. I like being able to actually taste the flavor of the juice from the peewee after it is cooking. I, like Vacker, get that burnt taste sometimes with the penstyle.

I have a question you guys may be able to answer. I have the penstyle and the supermini. I like both of them. I have found that with the supermini the taste of the vapor is better than with the penstyle, I can taste the flavor better, and not quite as dry as the penstyle. I do get a good taste from the penstyle and a lot more vapor. Besides, the battery life of the penstyle is better. How does the 501 compare to the supermini and the penstyle in the taste area? Which does it appear to taste more like. Or do you all even notice the difference?

I know ecactly what you mean poppa I think the same thing with the pen an supermini, and the 510 has better flavor than the peewee

Thanks Royce! TGHe more I hear the more I want to get a 510....

Pick one up ASAP you won't be dissapointed. I got a 901 from parked as well from our last round of video reviews and I have to say as the atomizer breaks in I'm liking it more and more great battery life and vapor close to the 510 (for me at least).

Come on now! This higher math is getting to me.... Seriously, the 901, you think might be better than the 510?

Better I dunno they have different qualities that make either a good choice, the 510 has amazing vapor I love the manual switch but the battery life is pretty crappy 2-3 hours (the batts do take a full charge in 60mins though). The 901 from dietsmokes has great battery life at least 5 hours with heavy use so far and the best auto batts I have ever used, Ive been using it nonstop for the last week or so and I have yet to have even the slighest flicker of the led because of the pressure switch vapor not as much as the 501 but it still makes good vapor I've been using it in the car so I don't have to deal with the manual batts while I drive. Either would be a good choice I should have my video review of the 901 done by this evening keep a lookout. 

Better I dunno they have different qualities that make either a good choice, the 510 has amazing vapor I love the manual switch but the battery life is pretty crappy 2-3 hours (the batts do take a full charge in 60mins though). The 901 from dietsmokes has great battery life at least 5 hours with heavy use so far and the best auto batts I have ever used, Ive been using it nonstop for the last week or so and I have yet to have even the slighest flicker of the led because of the pressure switch vapor not as much as the 501 but it still makes good vapor I've been using it in the car so I don't have to deal with the manual batts while I drive. Either would be a good choice I should have my video review of the 901 done by this evening keep a lookout. 

Thanks, Royce, I'll look for it.