The Prodigy Is Here

Take a look http://www.puresmoker.com/

It's got a hefty price tag as well.

Yep that is hefty. My concern is how many prototypes did they go thru to come up with final version, and how long was he secretly working on this? I don't want to be the guineapig doing the testing/reviewing at this price. So keeping that in mind I will wait for a few reviews to hit the streets before I jump in.

After our comments on it I don't think we'll be getting one any time soon ;)

I as well as others put a lot of faith and trust into your reviews. I hope you aren't too harsh as I'm sure there was a lot of up front money invested into the R&D of the Prodigy along production costs. I hope he thought this through.

I as well as others put a lot of faith and trust into your reviews. I hope you aren't too harsh as I'm sure there was a lot of up front money invested into the R&D of the Prodigy along production costs. I hope he thought this through.

I doubt it since it looks like a total rip off of trogs screwdriver

Madness, you should just make one in your garage real quick and show it off to Steve. :lol:

I think that would be hilarious. Tell him he's been working on this soo long and this is what he came up with. A screwdriver rip-off that people can make in their garage, pshhhhh. Tell him his skills are weeeeeek.

Steve's got no skills :lol: . Na, I'm just playin around but, still he acts like this is a new idea or something. I think he should at least give credit where credit is due, TROG, and go on to state some ways that maybe his is different (if there are any).

I'm wondering, do you think Steve was just trying to develop something within the US rather than totally depending on China? Thats something we discussed awhile back. If we get kicked hard enough by the shipping problems this may be an alternative.

I'm wondering, do you think Steve was just trying to develop something within the US rather than totally depending on China? Thats something we discussed awhile back. If we get kicked hard enough by the shipping problems this may be an alternative.

Yes he is however what he devoleped is a totall rip off of trogs screwdriver not to mention it looks like a stainless dildo.

we will still have atomizer issues unless we get that manufactured in the USA also.

Well, with all the gifted folks we have on this forum and talented adventurers I know an Atomizer invented locally is closer than we think! :rolleyes:

Princess is on the job, she'll find out if anyone can. Any Atomizer that's a little different and with a different name wouldn't have an issue with it, I would think.

Hon Lik of Ruyan actually does have intellectual property rights to the atomization technology and original design of the electronic cigarette and also won a case over e-Cig, a China-based illicit manufacturer of electronic cigarettes and accessories. e-Cig was actually required to pay compensation to Ruyan for damages, destroy all of its stock of inventory and agree to never engage in the electronic cigarette business again. Just goes to show that Ruyan will go after anyone. Ruyan has 15 invention, utility and design patents in China and has registered patents in more than 50 countries, including in the U.S.

Hon Lik of Ruyan actually does have intellectual property rights to the atomization technology and original design of the electronic cigarette and also won a case over e-Cig, a China-based illicit manufacturer of electronic cigarettes and accessories. e-Cig was actually required to pay compensation to Ruyan for damages, destroy all of its stock of inventory and agree to never engage in the electronic cigarette business again. Just goes to show that Ruyan will go after anyone. Ruyan has 15 invention, utility and design patents in China and has registered patents in more than 50 countries, including in the U.S.

How does that work? Anything that appears to even work like an e-cig is off limits or a different design would be okay?

It isn't that you can't make an atomizer, patent law allows you to make one, you just have to demonstrate an improvement to the existing design. Duplicates or knockoffs aren't really improving the design. I am guessing that these companies were making duplicates and didn't demonstrate a redesign.

This is actually a trip down a slippery slope and is wide open for a lot of debate. Intellectual property is knowledge (atomization technology) that is owned by someone (that being Ruyan). It has three customary domains: copyright, patent, and trademark (a fourth form, trade secrets, is sometimes included). That being said even if someone was to change the atomizer it is still based on a Ruyan patent. It would have to be an altogether different product. Ruyan was concerned that e-Cig could potentially take over the market and did indeed use them as a scapegoat to warn others.

You are probably asking how there are several manufacturers of e-cigs? Well that is strictly between Ruyan and the other manufacturers, most likely they came to a financial agreement first, instead of just jumping on the bandwagon.

I understand. I can't believe, given that Runyan's Atomizers are not all that dependable, there eventually will be a better system invented. But what you have found, Princess, is as usual right on time. Thank you!

I understand what you're saying Poppa but, if that's what he's trying to get done then why not have some juice made by someone other than Johnson Creek inside the U.S. and why make such a huge product? I feel that if Steve was really trying to become independant from China then he would have had an "American" penstyle or 901 made seeing as they're the most popular e-cig models or have some atomizers produced in the U.S. If you didn't notice already, his "Prodigy" is still atomizers all from China, which means Steve did a wonderfull job becoming "China Independant". Ya, way to go Steve let's produce an e-cig that still need's it's core component, the atomizer, made in China. All he really did was make a new battery pack which people have been doing for quite a while now and I'm sorry but I think that just about 8 out of 10 of those people have put out a better new "power supply". All Steve has done for me is completely contradict himself by not making a "China Independant" product and make himself look like an idiot (to people who notice this stuff anyway).

Why make this rediculous huge POS? I mean who know it may operate well and produce "mad" vapor but, who seriously wants to lug that piece around with them honestly??

Oh, I found a leak on some of the carrying cases, I'll post them in a bit.

Edited by Sean

So Vacker now that you've found this out can you find out exactly what the patents they have in the U.S. state and detail? And do any of their other things have an international patent or just a patent. I know a friend of mine who is a big manager for a hoist company was telling me about some of his companies newest patents and designs that were not even released to any sort of public and only a handfull of people knew about were already being replecated to the "T" by China before they had even started producing them and the way that international patents work has made it too hard for the company to track down the people in China and do something about it. So with this in mind maybe this time we can return the favor to China. We just need to know all the details on their patents, where their held, and how their held in this country.