What Are You Eating Today?

I love to cook and I definitely love good food. I posted in the "What are you vaping?" thread and as I'm waiting for batt #1 to charge for the new Tornado that just arrived, I'm munching on rice and slurping down some kimchee chige. Probably means nothing to you guys, but it's exotic and the thought crossed the mind and culminated as this thread.

Tell us what you're eating/eaten or what's your favorite exotic food!

And btw, kimchee is a banchan (sidedish) that is present in every day Korean cuisine. Chige refers to stew.

I add pork to mine but I've had it with beef as well as anchovies (asian style about a 1/10th the size of traditional anchovies).

Neat info on kimchee...

A few years back with the SARS scare, some people noticed that Koreans, though located alongside other Asian nations, were not getting sick or even contracting the SARS at all. Some studies were conducted (I don't know the specifics) but they linked the Koreans immunity to SARS to the kimchee (pickled & peppered napa cabbage) in their diets. Across the globe people who had never even heard of kimchee were running about trying to buy it. Needless to say, kimchee sold out very quickly...and, now more people are aware of what it is :)

• 2 weeks later...

I just made a frozen drink using my DIY eliquid flavors. I made some snow from some crushed ice and some ginger ale and added Loran watermellon & butter rum and a splash of everclear. It tastes much better than I thought it would!

ooooh the drink sounds good--you mean actually putting food flavoring in food--what a novel concept....

eating white cheddar popcorn. not near as refreshing as mikes--but it's salty.

mmm sounds delish @ Mike & Hodgehound and kitsune popcorn rocks (have you tried the ranch?)

I'm reheating leftovers from yesterday, too, in the oven. NY Strip & Shrimp (no longer) On The Barbie shifty.gif

Ooh a lot of ribs on the menu...I haven't eaten yet today :(

(but I am vaping some coffee + caramel mix)

nana, potato soup is a huge hit at our home. It's exotic if you say it is ;)

Edited by noXious