Numbers and stuff

I am reading all kinds of reviews. How many days are these products being used? Are the reviews based on light up and first smoke? I am still new to the forums and am not quite sure of the parameters of the product usage.

I like the review about the Dietsmoker product. Good vapor, etc. Will you let us know how it is doing a week from now, a month? I have been using one atomizer for two weeks. It is still kicking butt. Is that the norm? What is the life expectancy? I read where some have been through 3 atomizers in 6 weeks. That averages 1 per couple of weeks. I just got my first one broken in good!

Okay, so I am a little analytic-it comes with the job. I don't expect a whole lot for $100 bucks but would like to determine if my atomizer is holding its own. It is hard to compare apples and oranges. But give me a couple of numbers and I can go to town.

Please help me, I crave details and context!

easy there! lol Well with the exception of the Janty Stick review we normal vape a product for about one week. And it's totally normal for your atomizer to still work after 6 weeks, some have been known to last 6 months! I have some Penstyle atomizer here that are 8 weeks old and are still working fine, it depends on how much you vape and making sure you keep the atomizer most.

The M401's from Dietsmokes are still working like champs although we have so many ecigs we don't use the same one all the time. We had some issues with the batteries (they usually go before the atomizer does) but they have since been replaced.

Atomizer = 4-100 weeks or more you never know. Usually about 6-7 weeks

Batteries = Who knows some last the whole 300 charges other don't make it past 2 weeks

Thanks for the info. I like quantifying-it makes comparison easier. When I tell people what I am using they are amazed and most (smokers) around me are wanting to try them. I e-mail my site links to them and give the tips I have gathered but almost every one of them want numbers.

I can temper that enthusiam with reality if I have some relatively decent facts that are number-based.

So, thanks once again for the info. I am glad to hear that the atomizers are going to hang on for a while......batteries I expect to die sooner rather than later.

It's all good here.

Toodles.

I too like numbers, and I also get a lot of questions, BUT it seems the one's who want all the answers really want a "one-time" purchase and not the ongoing maintenance of adding parts. They want to spend $50 and be done with it. So to those nay-sayers, I flat out tell them my current stats:

Quit 107 days ago

analogs avoided 3785

analogs would have cost $856

intial output for ecig $75

ongoing parts & juice $635

Saved $220

Got my sense of taste and smell back

Car, house, clothing don't stink

no burns, no stains, no ashes everywhere

no late night nicotine fits and running to the closest store

Gained a couple of years of life

can climb a flight of stairs again without taking a break

I used to really promote it's use, but I can tell right of the bat if they are looking for a cheap quick fix. Some even think $50 is too much. the look on their face tells me to give them the short pitch.

Vacker,

Ouch. I am not in it for a quick fix. I want to promote but refuse to do so if I don't have enough factual info at hand. I guess I am serious, $500 in first two weeks and I have not purchased all the extras yet. But, I will not buy batteries, etc. for my family until I know they will not be stranded without while waiting for backups. That is unacceptable. I ordered my e-cigs and had them within five business days, free priority mail. Faster for sis and mom in Texas.

I want the best for them and within reason, cost is not an issue. Their well-being is. As for all the others, I have been doing Q&A the best I can. Will I promote one product? How can I? I don't have facts. I can only say how much I like my product, that it is more expensive than most I have looked up, but it is shipped quickly and the response from the vendor has been great so far.

I would really like to be able to tell them to buy the $49.95 one and it will do just as well as this one I have. But I guess I will just have to buy one and see for myself. Personal experience is really the best teacher after all, ya think?

Thanks for being a reality check for me. I suppose we don't need all the help we can get. More e-smokers does not equate to power, in numbers anyway.

I am really wanting some help here. I got 30 years on the tobacco train. Not proud of it, but it is what it is. Maybe that is over. Let's hope.

Well Congratulations to you and your family for starting the ecig.

The people I refer to are those I see face to face, meaning they see me using it and react then I give them the details and I read the look on the faces and hear their tone of voice, and somehow you just know they want the cheap quick fix. Some do want web info and I gladly provide that. Worst reaction I got was one person actually said "WoW you paid that much for that thing? If it was the price of a pack cigs and lasted forever then i would do it." and believe it or not I have received many comments quite similar to this.

You are here in the forum and have made your purchases so it is quite evident you are seriously interested and continue with your research. Heck we are all here for more info. and I do keep track of every cent I spend. And yes it may be a little high, but be forewarned, the dollars i have spent -- I have alot of supplies!!!

My husband and I went through a carton of cigarettes each per week @ $50.00 per carton, that amounts to $400.00 per month. So actually this turns out to be cheaper. But it is difficult to find the right one for each person because everyone used to smoke differently. Some took big drags some little ones, some smoke to the filter and some take 3 drags and put it out. I guess the more we read and try them the more we'll know what works best for each person.

• 4 weeks later...

I too like numbers, and I also get a lot of questions, BUT it seems the one's who want all the answers really want a "one-time" purchase and not the ongoing maintenance of adding parts. They want to spend $50 and be done with it. So to those nay-sayers, I flat out tell them my current stats:

Quit 107 days ago

analogs avoided 3785

analogs would have cost $856

intial output for ecig $75

ongoing parts & juice $635

Saved $220

Got my sense of taste and smell back

Car, house, clothing don't stink

no burns, no stains, no ashes everywhere

no late night nicotine fits and running to the closest store

Gained a couple of years of life

can climb a flight of stairs again without taking a break

I used to really promote it's use, but I can tell right of the bat if they are looking for a cheap quick fix. Some even think $50 is too much. the look on their face tells me to give them the short pitch.

This is so interesting, vacker, and sceptic's numbers, too. Now I'm not looking for a one-time $50 thing, but I am looking for a first-time (around) $50 thing. Then, I know one has to keep getting the cartridges or the liquid. But what I don't get is how you could have spent $635 on that in 107 days. I don't want to ask dumb questions without looking into it more myself, but as I understand it, the battery part of the e-cig is rechargeable, so you would only need one of those, right? Or two, so you could have one to use while the other one is charging. And if you use the liquid and refill the cartridge, then you aren't paying for a bunch of different cartridges, right?

Still, I will not complain about cost, not with the cost of analogs these days. But what would you say is the bulk of the ongoing costs?

Thanks!

kathy

That's all correct Kathy, you really only need one battery, BUT if that one dies, and you didn't have another what would you smoke for 2 hours while the other charged? :)

We end up spending large amounts of money not because we need to, but because trying different models is as addicting as smoking the ecig. There is always something new and better coming out. We we all want to be the first to try.

You do not have to use the carts as the liquid is much cheaper, however you will get tired of using the same liquid and will want to try another flavor, so trust us, you'll buy more than you need :D